An unneccessary sequel: Cobra Kai

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

An unneccessary sequel: Cobra Kai

#1 Post by Vandal » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:03 am

Billy Zabka mentors a ragtag group of millenial misfits and resurrects his rivalry with Ralph Macchio in the new trailer for 'Cobra Kai.'
Billy Zabka indoctrinates a new generation of kids with his cutthroat karate style in the new trailer for Cobra Kai, the Karate Kid sequel series launching May 2nd on YouTube Red. The show finds Zabka and Ralph Macchio reprising their roles as Johnny Lawrence and Daniel LaRusso from the original 1984 movie.

The series picks up 34 years after the All Valley Karate Tournament, with Daniel enjoying his life as a successful car salesman, while Johnny has turned into a tragic drunk. Johnny, however, is inspired to re-open the Cobra Kai dojo after saving a teen from a group of bullies by literally beating up the teens himself. When Daniel confronts Johnny about his actions, the latter quips, "I didn't beat up any teenagers – I kicked the crap out of a bunch of assholes who deserved it."

The trailer teases Johnny's search for redemption as he teaches a ragtag group of millennial misfits how to stick up for themselves and fend off bullies with everyday objects like lunch trays. Johnny must face his old nemesis as well, and the trailer closes with Daniel suiting up once more and promising, "Johnny, you and I – this – we aren't done."

Cobra Kai will premiere April 24th at the Tribeca Film Festival before arriving on YouTube Red.
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/co ... er-w518102
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster