RIP Bozo the Clown

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

RIP Bozo the Clown

#1 Post by jarnon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:44 am

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: RIP Bozo the Clown

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 am

So this clearly isn't the Bozo I watched before school on WGN in the 80's...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 am

I think Chuckle's epitaph would be appropriate here:

"A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."

Farewell, Bozo.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 am

I thought Larry Harmon was Bozo.

Why I knew that, I don't know. I can remember this, but I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#5 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 am

I thought Larry Harmon was Bozo.

Why I knew that, I don't know. I can remember this, but I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago.

Oh, I posted this already.....

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:51 am

In the 70s & maybe later up here he was the very elegantly-dressed-&-mannered host of an old-movies series

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:17 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I thought Larry Harmon was Bozo.

He was, and died 10 years ago.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

bazodee

#8 Post by bazodee » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:57 pm

Growing up in Boston, this was the Bozo I remembered.
Bozo got franchised.
But please don't tell me that Miss Jean of Romper Room was also franchised.

gsabc

#9 Post by gsabc » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:29 am

bazodee wrote:Growing up in Boston, this was the Bozo I remembered.
Bozo got franchised.
Harmon created Bozo. Avruch was Harmon's choice to be the one for syndication, for those areas which didn't have their own version.

Romper Room itself was franchised, but I believe each city had their own Miss Something-or-other, with different actresses and names.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

earendel

#10 Post by earendel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:01 am

gsabc wrote:
bazodee wrote:Growing up in Boston, this was the Bozo I remembered.
Bozo got franchised.
Harmon created Bozo. Avruch was Harmon's choice to be the one for syndication, for those areas which didn't have their own version.

Romper Room itself was franchised, but I believe each city had their own Miss Something-or-other, with different actresses and names.
Romper Room was both franchised and syndicated, according to Wikipedia. "Miss Nancy" was the national host but many cities had their own host; "Miss Jean" was for the Boston area.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Pastor Fireball

#11 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 am

littlebeast13 wrote:So this clearly isn't the Bozo I watched before school on WGN in the 80's...

lb13
You're right. Bob Bell and Joey D'Auria played Chicago's Bozo, the one recognized by most Americans our age or older. Bell died in 1997, but D'Auria is still alive.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

triviawayne

#12 Post by triviawayne » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I thought Larry Harmon was Bozo.

Oh, I posted this already.....
that was only 3 minutes, you're getting worse.

SpacemanSpiff

#13 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:So this clearly isn't the Bozo I watched before school on WGN in the 80's...

lb13
You're right. Bob Bell and Joey D'Auria played Chicago's Bozo, the one recognized by most Americans our age or older. Bell died in 1997, but D'Auria is still alive.
One of the ones I remember from the Birmingham AL station was also the 5 o'clock news anchor. I read he had about half an hour to get out of the Bozo outfit and makeup and get into the regular suit and news makeup before going back on air.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell