I Have Fallen in with a Very Bad Crowd

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

I Have Fallen in with a Very Bad Crowd

#1 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:24 am

JimC at Frontier Partisans:

"I love that. You might consider publishing Smoke of Africa as a book. Just sayin’."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess when both the websites that you frequent have a number of published authors; certain things that you thought might be impossible, become possible.

Spock

Re: I Have Fallen in with a Very Bad Crowd

#2 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:55 am

I have been worrying about laying it out and so forth-ie with all the pictures.

Then I remembered that for about 3 years when I did appraisals I (essentially) did a Master's Thesis a month and these were very professional looking reports.

Even though I did more Content than Design-it is not totally foreign to me so I feel better about it.

Market research indicates there is really nothing like "The Smoke of Africa" out there.

Spock

#3 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:54 am

Got to start sometime. I put the first couple essays into Word this morning. I had forgotten how forgiving Word is compared to the Blog format as you can easily move essays around and so forth within the Document.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:56 am

Spock wrote:Got to start sometime. I put the first couple essays into Word this morning. I had forgotten how forgiving Word is compared to the Blog format as you can easily move essays around and so forth within the Document.
I suggest you get the Grammarly app. It will be well worth it.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

mellytu74

#5 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:47 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:Got to start sometime. I put the first couple essays into Word this morning. I had forgotten how forgiving Word is compared to the Blog format as you can easily move essays around and so forth within the Document.
I concur - I like Grammarly quite a bit.

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:05 pm

mellytu74 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
It is probably very good, but the "Shoot for the Stars" outdoor publishing company (Safari Press) that I want to try for first (In my mind I am writing for them), wants it in Word as far as I can tell from their submission guidelines after a couple of quick read-throughs.

The other night, at Barnes and Noble I gathered names of other outdoor publishing companies but I haven't had a chance to look at their guidelines yet.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Spock wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I suggest you get the Grammarly app. It will be well worth it.
It is probably very good, but the "Shoot for the Stars" outdoor publishing company (Safari Press) that I want to try for first (In my mind I am writing for them), wants it in Word as far as I can tell from their submission guidelines after a couple of quick read-throughs.

The other night, at Barnes and Noble I gathered names of other outdoor publishing companies but I haven't had a chance to look at their guidelines yet.
Grammarly has an add-on for Word.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.