Our Bored Election Consultants Missed This Race

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Our Bored Election Consultants Missed This Race

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:28 am

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... s-race.php

From Powerline and it is a safe Democrat district, but Lipinski, themoderate Democrat incumbent, narrowly defeated the Hard-Left challenger in the primary.

This quote was interesting>>>"An organizer who canvassed for Newman was surprised by how “personally conservative” some Democrats remain."<<<<

My personal favorite
>>>>"As Weigel puts it, “an army of liberal groups and activists. . .converged on the Chicago suburbs to engineer the primary defeat” of Lipinski."<<<<<<

My worst fear for the 2018 election is that "an army of liberal groups and activists" pour into the swing districts. Please not that, anything but that. Please don't throw me into that briar patch.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Our Bored Election Consultants Missed This Race

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:49 am

Spock wrote:http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... s-race.php

From Powerline and it is a safe Democrat district, but Lipinski, themoderate Democrat incumbent, narrowly defeated the Hard-Left challenger in the primary.

This quote was interesting>>>"An organizer who canvassed for Newman was surprised by how “personally conservative” some Democrats remain."<<<<

My personal favorite
>>>>"As Weigel puts it, “an army of liberal groups and activists. . .converged on the Chicago suburbs to engineer the primary defeat” of Lipinski."<<<<<<

My worst fear for the 2018 election is that "an army of liberal groups and activists" pour into the swing districts. Please not that, anything but that. Please don't throw me into that briar patch.
It's not a news flash that absent a scandal, incumbents usually win primaries (unless their name is Eric Kantor). Hell, I seriously doubt that the attempt to primary Dianne Feinstein here in California is going to succeed, though California's state-wide elections are so safely Democratic that I'm virtually certain that we will again end up with two Democrats in the general election.

I gotta say, though, that an incumbent winning a primary by only a couple of percentage points probably is a big deal. Perhaps he'll change his stances. Or perhaps a better candidate will emerge in the 2020 primary.

As for your fear of an army of liberals providing ground troops for an electoral revolution, I intend to pick a local district to do exactly that after the June primary here. So if I'm able to follow through, perhaps I'll provide some reports from the front lines. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:57 am

The fact that the best thing that Powerline and Spock have to cheer about this election cycle is a more conservative Democrat barely winning a primary election against a liberal challenger should tell you a lot about the state of the electorate right now.

Contrary to the Republican party, where candidates are falling all over themselves proclaiming how much they love Donald Trump (and losing in places like Alabama and a conservative Pennsylvania district in the process), Democrats are picking up one seat after another all over the country.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Pastor Fireball

#4 Post by Pastor Fireball » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:04 am

I suddenly realized this is the same district where the Republicans nominated an out-of-the-closet Nazi.
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:36 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:I suddenly realized this is the same district where the Republicans nominated an out-of-the-closet Nazi.
Yeah, the district is so Democratic that no mainstream Republican would run, so the Nazi creep grabbed the nomination.

I expect moderate candidates on both sides in more competitive districts.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#6 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:16 pm

jarnon wrote:I expect moderate candidates on both sides in more competitive districts.
Like Roy Moore?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:45 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
jarnon wrote:I expect moderate candidates on both sides in more competitive districts.
Like Roy Moore?
In Alabama he is considered a moderate.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#8 Post by jarnon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:10 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Like Roy Moore?
Alabama isn’t competitive (most years anyway). Many of the new districts in Pennsylvania are.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי