it's time for Regis!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mikehardware

it's time for Regis!

#1 Post by mikehardware » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:33 pm

I found this at my local used CD store this weekend, well worth the $2.50

Originally from 1968, so 50 years ago. Check out the liner note from Joey Bishop too.

I never knew this existed, but this and another couple of albums by Regis are on iTunes.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: it's time for Regis!

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:46 pm

I think a portal has opened into the Bored's past today! Bixby, mikehardware, Regis.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:52 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:I think a portal has opened into the Bored's past today! Bixby, mikehardware, Regis.....

lb13
Now if only This Weeks' Rankings would return. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:34 am

Bob78164 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:I think a portal has opened into the Bored's past today! Bixby, mikehardware, Regis.....

lb13

I actually got out that file and looked at it during my time off around New Years..... or at least, tried to look at it. The rankings numbers are in an old MS Works database file that my new computer laughed at when I tried to open it. I could probably still access it from my creaky laptop, but wasn't motivated enough to either do that or research how to convert it to something my computer can read...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:02 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

lb13

I actually got out that file and looked at it during my time off around New Years..... or at least, tried to look at it. The rankings numbers are in an old MS Works database file that my new computer laughed at when I tried to open it. I could probably still access it from my creaky laptop, but wasn't motivated enough to either do that or research how to convert it to something my computer can read...

lb13
Ack! Please don't allow this part of Bored history to die the death of technical obsolescence! --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Now if only This Weeks' Rankings would return. --Bob

lb13
Ack! Please don't allow this part of Bored history to die the death of technical obsolescence! --Bob
I have all of the messages from the old Boreds backed-up on 7-track tape. Unfortunately, no one makes 7-track tape drives anymore. :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#7 Post by BackInTex » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13
I have all of the messages from the old Boreds backed-up on 7-track tape. Unfortunately, no one makes 7-track tape drives anymore. :lol:
Just because no one makes them anymore doesn't mean there aren't any out there still working and available to port the data to a modern medium.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)