Transcript 04/29/2008 Valerie Hanley

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 04/29/2008 Valerie Hanley

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:18 pm

Commercial break

Valerie Hanley
Lafayette, CO
Registered Nurse

Got little sleep last night but it was not nervousness as much as the noise such as the dumpsters outside.

$100- Over the years, Apollo astronauts have returned from the Moon with over 840 pounds of what?
A. Flowers B. Rocks
C. Feathers D. Funky cheese

$200- In the poem, "Twas the Night Before Christmas," the narrator famously glimpses "a miniature sleigh and eight tiny" what?
A. Reindeer B. Toy soldiers
C. Elves D. Snowflakes

$300- Wrinkled sheets and improper tucking are penalty-worthy violations in a Super 8 Motel competition involving what chore?
A. Dusting B. Shower cleaning
C. Bedmaking D. Bathroom mopping

$500- In women's fashion, a bodice is a garment specifically designed to cover what part of the body?
A. Head B. Torso
C. Legs D. Feet

$1000- Which of these male names is also the name of a country in central Africa?
A. Brent B Cole
C. Chad D. Blake

$2000- What old-fashioned exclamation is repeated throughout the 1957 hit song "Great Balls of Fire"?
A. Holy mackerel! B. Heavens to Betsy!
C. Sakes alive! D. Goodness gracious!

$4000- On the hospital drama "Grey's Anatomy," what is the first name of the title character, Dr. Grey?
A. Meredith B. Izzie
C. Miranda D. Cristina

ATA
A-83% B-5% C-7% D-5%

$8000- "Fledermaus" is the German word for what creature?
A. Swan B. Parrot
C. Bat D. Mosquito

$16,000
A popular brunch cocktail, the Bellini is typically made by mixing champagne with a puree of what fruit?
A. Orange B. Tomato
C. Cranberry D. Peach

Valerie was thinking orange

However, the 50/50 left B and D. She eliminated B on her own.

Commercial break

$25,000
Francis Ford Coppola won his first Academy Award for co-writing the screenplay for what film?
A. Cool Hand Luke B. Five Easy Pieces
C. Patton D. In the Heat of the Night

PAF: Chuck is a movie buff. Asks to repeat the choices and says "I'm sorry Valerie"

Valerie walks with 16K

Answers:
$100- B. Rocks
$200- A. Reindeer
$300- C. Bedmaking
$500- B. Torso
$1000- C. Chad
$2000- D. Goodness gracious!
$4000- A. Meredith
$8000- C. Bat
$16K- D. Peach
$25K- C. Patton

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 04/29/2008 Valerie Hanley

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu May 01, 2008 4:35 am

$500: Eek! No clue at all. ATA.

$16K: Here goes the PAF.

$25K: No clue here either. 50:50 probably wouldn't help, so I'll probably be walking with $16,000 as well.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Thu May 01, 2008 5:14 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Commercial break

Valerie Hanley
Lafayette, CO
Registered Nurse
I have a great regard for nurses, so I'm rooting for her.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Got little sleep last night but it was not nervousness as much as the noise such as the dumpsters outside.
Ah, the lullaby of Broadway.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- On the hospital drama "Grey's Anatomy," what is the first name of the title character, Dr. Grey?
A. Meredith B. Izzie
C. Miranda D. Cristina

ATA
A-83% B-5% C-7% D-5%
ATA for me also.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
A popular brunch cocktail, the Bellini is typically made by mixing champagne with a puree of what fruit?
A. Orange B. Tomato
C. Cranberry D. Peach

Valerie was thinking orange

However, the 50/50 left B and D. She eliminated B on her own.
elwing drinks a lot of peach teas and evidently there's a brand called Bellini because she knew this answer right away.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000
Francis Ford Coppola won his first Academy Award for co-writing the screenplay for what film?
A. Cool Hand Luke B. Five Easy Pieces
C. Patton D. In the Heat of the Night

PAF: Chuck is a movie buff. Asks to repeat the choices and says "I'm sorry Valerie"

Valerie walks with 16K
I'd be using PAF also because I have no idea and so 50/50 won't help. A tough stack, IMO.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 01, 2008 6:45 am

Ugh.

ATA for Grey's Anatomy. Probably some lifeline for the Bellini; I had the right hunch but couldn't back it up. And if I burned the PAF on that, then I couldn't PAKT on the movie question. :(

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Thu May 01, 2008 6:47 am

$8000- "Fledermaus" is the German word for what creature?
A. Swan B. Parrot
C. Bat D. Mosquito

And reading comic books IS educational. So is opera. "Fledermausmann" is Batman in Germany. "Die Fledermaus" is the only opera GW ever walked out on from sheer boredom. I was with her, too, getting some culcha.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

plasticene

#6 Post by plasticene » Thu May 01, 2008 7:15 am

I liked her and was really hoping she'd win a lot.

I knew the $25,000 question from reading Brainiac. Ken was sitting next to a bigwig from Coppola's winery on an airplane, and told the guy he was a big fan of FFC's films. To find out if Ken was just blowing smoke (this was before Ken got famous), the guy asked Ken if he knew what Coppola's first Oscar was for, and Ken knew the answer off the top of his head.

(I might have some details wrong--I'm not going to go grab my copy and look it up.)

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Thu May 01, 2008 8:07 am

gsabc wrote:$8000- "Fledermaus" is the German word for what creature?
A. Swan B. Parrot
C. Bat D. Mosquito

And reading comic books IS educational. So is opera. "Fledermausmann" is Batman in Germany. "Die Fledermaus" is the only opera GW ever walked out on from sheer boredom. I was with her, too, getting some culcha.
One of the supporting characters in the animated series "The Tick" was "The Fledermaus" - the catch was that he was a coward when "go time" came.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

slam

#8 Post by slam » Thu May 01, 2008 8:29 am

plasticene wrote:I liked her and was really hoping she'd win a lot.

I knew the $25,000 question from reading Brainiac. Ken was sitting next to a bigwig from Coppola's winery on an airplane, and told the guy he was a big fan of FFC's films. To find out if Ken was just blowing smoke (this was before Ken got famous), the guy asked Ken if he knew what Coppola's first Oscar was for, and Ken knew the answer off the top of his head.

(I might have some details wrong--I'm not going to go grab my copy and look it up.)
Ah, so that's how I must have known it so readily. When the question popped up (before the choices), "Patton" popped into my head.

I've seen one complete episode of Grey's Anatomy and maybe a few other snippets. But this character has penetrated pop culture sufficiently that I had no doubt about the right response. The "Meredith" commanality nailed it home for me, though on a higher $ question, that commanility should probably be interpreted the reverse way.

I'd have made some bad joke about "hanging" on the Chad clue.

Other than that, this was an easy stack for me. I'd still have all my lifelines.

For now, I'm commenting more in the transcript threads. This effect will probably continue at least until my audition in 2 weeks and then probably until I get my happy card (thinking positive thoughts!). I also am actually watching the shows now (usually, I just read the transcripts). This transformation seems to be part of my annual routine as I build up to an audition.

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 01, 2008 8:41 am

slam wrote:I also am actually watching the shows now (usually, I just read the transcripts). This transformation seems to be part of my annual routine as I build up to an audition.
An auditioner who watches the show! Isn't that nice. :P

slam

#10 Post by slam » Thu May 01, 2008 8:45 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
slam wrote:I also am actually watching the shows now (usually, I just read the transcripts). This transformation seems to be part of my annual routine as I build up to an audition.
An auditioner who watches the show! Isn't that nice. :P
I'd watch it regularly but for time constraints. I tape 1 hour a day of game shows. It shouldn't surprise anybody who's compared my number of posts on this bored with my number of posts on a certain other game show's board that I watch the other half hour first. Sorry about that folks.

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 01, 2008 8:50 am

slam wrote:It shouldn't surprise anybody who's compared my number of posts on this bored with my number of posts on a certain other game show's board that I watch the other half hour first. Sorry about that folks.
Hey, that's okay.

The APs don't seem to care, more's the pity. :roll: