RIP Rusty Staub

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

RIP Rusty Staub

#1 Post by Vandal » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:07 am

Former MLB star with Expos and Mets is dead at 73.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.3902929
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

mellytu74

Re: RIP Rusty Staub

#2 Post by mellytu74 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:18 am

:(

flockofseagulls104

#3 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:23 am

To show how much times have changed, I remember Staub starting off with the Houston Colt 45's, who later became the Astros. Naming a baseball team after a gun? What were they thinking? I think we should boycott them.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

elwoodblues

#4 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:23 pm

He had one of baseball's best nicknames, Le Grande Orange, when he played in Montreal. RIP

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:52 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:To show how much times have changed, I remember Staub starting off with the Houston Colt 45's, who later became the Astros. Naming a baseball team after a gun? What were they thinking? I think we should boycott them.
No, they were named after a malt liquor.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:04 pm

BackInTex wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:To show how much times have changed, I remember Staub starting off with the Houston Colt 45's, who later became the Astros. Naming a baseball team after a gun? What were they thinking? I think we should boycott them.
Which was named after a gun, right?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

wbtravis007

#7 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Staub was great. I watched him play quite a bit as a Colt-45 and Astro. He was 19 when he came up with the 45's. I was 9.

The company that my Dad worked for had great season tickets -- about 10 rows up, by third base. If customers weren't using them they were available, so we went to quite a few games. He was a good hitter, but what I most remember is how often he would gun down runners trying to advance from second after a fly out to right. Not many made it to third safe. I had a great view of them trying.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#8 Post by Vandal » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:54 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

wbtravis007

#9 Post by wbtravis007 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:53 pm

BackInTex wrote:
ICM! Same with the Bulls, of course.