Trivia Team names

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
tlynn78

Trivia Team names

#1 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:03 am

Looking for suggestions, beyond the usual.(Tequila Mockingbird, Our Drinking Team has a Trivia Problem, My Teammate Doesn't Know this is a Date, et al) We tend to change our name each week for our trivia team, and I'm running out of ideas. We're supposed to keep it PG-13, but that often gets stretched. (Dill Dough - what? It's our pickle money). Looking for clever and original. Occasionally, the meister will run a clever name contest - we won the last one with "Titanic Survivors Ice Bucket Challenge Champions."
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

Re: Trivia Team names

#2 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:17 am

Unladen European AND African Swallow Air-speed Velocity Experts
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

triviawayne

#3 Post by triviawayne » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:57 am

When I go to local trivia nights, I usually win or come close to winning. I like to use the team name "The Team in Last Place"

always great to hear the host announcing scores saying, "and in first place is The Team in Last Place"

tlynn78

#4 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:32 am

BackInTex wrote:Unladen European AND African Swallow Air-speed Velocity Experts

lol - I like it!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:35 am

triviawayne wrote:When I go to local trivia nights, I usually win or come close to winning. I like to use the team name "The Team in Last Place"

always great to hear the host announcing scores saying, "and in first place is The Team in Last Place"
lol - that's kind of why we change our name each week now - we were "Social Co-Adventurers" for awhile, and then, "No Adult Supervision" - but we win a lot, and at least we don't have to hear the groans we used to when those names come up in the early rounds, before we started changing each week.

BackInTex

#6 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:22 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Unladen European AND African Swallow Air-speed Velocity Experts

lol - I like it!
Then, the 2nd week, just go by UEASAVE (yu-sav). Or maybe the 1st week, then let someone ask.....
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

triviawayne

#7 Post by triviawayne » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:55 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
triviawayne wrote:When I go to local trivia nights, I usually win or come close to winning. I like to use the team name "The Team in Last Place"

lol - that's kind of why we change our name each week now - we were "Social Co-Adventurers" for awhile, and then, "No Adult Supervision" - but we win a lot, and at least we don't have to hear the groans we used to when those names come up in the early rounds, before we started changing each week.
Local trivia nights aren't very good (other than mine :p ) and I don't get out much, so I don't have the "not that guy again" thing happening. Plus I try and go to ones I haven't been to so I can see the competition.

AlphaDummy
Mr. Top Ten

#8 Post by AlphaDummy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 pm

If team scores are read in reverse order, "The Following Teams Are Disqualified" might work...
"Again" - Herb Brooks (as played by Kurt Russell)

Spock

#9 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:59 pm

"The Illogical Spocks"

"SSS and the Bobs"

Estonut
Evil Genius

#10 Post by Estonut » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 am

Dip, Sew Maniacs
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Pastor Fireball

#11 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:25 am

Take a Wakanda Wild Side
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

themanintheseersuckersuit

#12 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:39 am

Bird’s Nest Soupers in honor of the HQ Trivia question that stunped 1.7 million players
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

tlynn78

#13 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:51 am

AlphaDummy wrote:If team scores are read in reverse order, "The Following Teams Are Disqualified" might work...
Oh yeah, we'll use that.

tlynn78

#14 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:54 am

Spock wrote:"The Illogical Spocks"
I like it!

"SSS and the Bobs"
yeah...no.

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:55 am

Pastor Fireball wrote:Take a Wakanda Wild Side
That's a possibility.

tlynn78

#16 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:56 am

Estonut wrote:Dip, Sew Maniacs
That'll go on the list.

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:58 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Spock wrote:"The Illogical Spocks"
I like it!

"SSS and the Bobs"
yeah...no.

Although.. how about, The Delusionists?