Active shooter at youtube HQ, northern Cal

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

Active shooter at youtube HQ, northern Cal

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:03 pm

per police to NPR

now they're saying Alphabet Inc, which is parent of google

San Bruno, CA

ghostjmf

Re: Active shooter at youtube HQ, northern Cal

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:07 pm

people seen leaving building with hands above head

victims showing up at hospitals

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:11 pm

ghostjmf wrote:per police to NPR

now they're saying Alphabet Inc, which is parent of google

San Bruno, CA
I used to work across the street when my office building was the only one there. :shock:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:37 pm

The shooter is dead. They don't know if she was shot by police or by her own hand.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:43 pm

They found one shooting victim and one woman who had a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the building and two more with gunshot wounds in an adjacent building. [There is no immediately adjacent building so I don't know what that might be.]

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:51 pm

NPR interviewee says her husband called to tell her he & others were evacuated to a building across the street, & told to stay there 'til they were checked & OK'd to leave. At time of call they were still there, under guard.

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 am

The news says she was angry at YouTube because they stopped paying her for content she was posting.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:10 am

I'll bet that trump soon will tweet that she was an Arab terrorist.

BackInTex

#9 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:17 am

Bob Juch wrote:I'll bet that trump soon will tweet that she was an Arab terrorist.
I already won my bet that you'll be the jackass in this thread who makes the first political ad hominem attack.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#10 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:45 am

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I'll bet that trump soon will tweet that she was an Arab terrorist.
I already won my bet that you'll be the jackass in this thread who makes the first political ad hominem attack.
Who did you find that was stupid enough to take that bet?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#11 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 am

Apparently, she was a far left loonie. She didn't use an AR-15, and she was reported to the authorities and questioned and released shortly before she started shooting. So I think we need to ban AR-15's and we need some more common sense gun laws. That would have prevented this.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:06 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Apparently, she was a far left loonie. She didn't use an AR-15, and she was reported to the authorities and questioned and released shortly before she started shooting. So I think we need to ban AR-15's and we need some more common sense gun laws. That would have prevented this.
We obviously need to keep vegans from obtaining weapons.

ghostjmf

#13 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:09 am

gee, from what I've heard so far, from NPR, she was mad that some of her exercise & music-montage videos had been taken down. She made money off of them, so was losing money.

Some of her narration was in Farsi. I doubt youtube has a lot of Farsi translators, which may be why the videos were taken down.

I heard a bit from her, audio, complaining that other people's videos had not been taken down.

So where do you get info on her politics, flock.

So far all we know is she was pro capitalism & exercise.

The police reported to her parents, who had asked them to look for her, that they had found her sleeping in her car.

Nobody knew she had a gun. Or planned to use it.

flockofseagulls104

#14 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:12 am

Bob Juch wrote:
That was my thought. I also think we should start a national campaign to demonize and marginalize all vegan groups.

Well, BJ, are you finally starting to understand how ludicrous the anti-gun crowd's arguments are?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#15 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:14 am

ghostjmf wrote:gee, from what I've heard so far, from NPR, she was mad that some of her exercise & music-montage videos had been taken down. She made money off of them, so was losing money.

Some of her narration was in Farsi. I doubt youtube has a lot of Farsi translators, which may be why the videos were taken down.

I heard a bit from her, audio, complaining that other people's videos had not been taken down.

So where do you get info on her politics, flock.

So far all we know is she was pro capitalism & exercise.

The police reported to her parents, who had asked them to look for her, that they had found her sleeping in her car.

Nobody knew she had a gun. Or planned to use it.
Try exposing yourself to other sources of information. You won't die, and you might learn something.

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:21 am

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Apparently, she was a far left loonie. She didn't use an AR-15, and she was reported to the authorities and questioned and released shortly before she started shooting. So I think we need to ban AR-15's and we need some more common sense gun laws. That would have prevented this.
That was my thought. I also think we should start a national campaign to demonize and marginalize all vegan groups.

Well, BJ, are you finally starting to understand how ludicrous the anti-gun crowd's arguments are?
Please recall that I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti-assault weapons and anti-nuts-with guns.

I have an FN Five-seveN, two Colt 1911s, and a 20-gauge shotgun.

ghostjmf

#17 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:29 am

I'm being paid to work. I prefer to listen, which is allowed here, to informative & entertaining radio while I do so. Flock, what are *your* sources?

BackInTex

#18 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:32 am

Bob Juch wrote: I'm anti-assault weapons and anti-nuts-with guns.

And a confessed hypocrite. :P
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#19 Post by BackInTex » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:34 am

ghostjmf wrote:I'm being paid to work. I prefer to listen, which is allowed here, to informative & entertaining radio while I do so. Flock, what are *your* sources?
Apparently more informative sources than whatever you listen to.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#20 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:02 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: We obviously need to keep vegans from obtaining weapons.

Please recall that I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti-assault weapons and anti-nuts-with guns.

What is the 'official' definition of an assault weapon? Why is it different from any other firearm that makes it a particular target of the gun control crowd?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:22 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: That was my thought. I also think we should start a national campaign to demonize and marginalize all vegan groups.

What is the 'official' definition of an assault weapon? Why is it different from any other firearm that makes it a particular target of the gun control crowd?
My definition would be based on the amount of kinetic energy possessed by its projectiles when they exit the muzzle, the rate of fire available, and the number of shots it's possible to take without reloading. A good start would be to cap all three of these aspects. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#22 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:23 pm

ghostjmf wrote:I'm being paid to work. I prefer to listen, which is allowed here, to informative & entertaining radio while I do so. Flock, what are *your* sources?
In this particular case, NBC news.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/yo ... ut-n862586

I cannot and will not vouch for the accuracy of this report, but it is interesting that NBC would report this information about the perpetrator. NPR apparently has kept it from you, believing you don't need to know it.
I try and get information from all kinds of sources, because I KNOW that the news media tends to report things based on whatever their narrative is. Both from the left and the right. So if something interests me or outrages me, I take it with a grain of salt until I can verify it with facts. I try and classify facts and opinions separately, something which bob-tel and hockey puck find difficult. But these days it's very difficult to distinguish hard facts from opinion presented as facts. So I get as much information as I can and filter it through my experience, biases and common sense and come up with my own opinion. And I sometimes express my opinions through sarcasm, because it is so frustrating to communicate my opinions to people who are closed minded.
I hope that answers your question.

flockofseagulls104

#23 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:25 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Please recall that I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti-assault weapons and anti-nuts-with guns.

My definition would be based on the amount of kinetic energy possessed by its projectiles when they exit the muzzle, the rate of fire available, and the number of shots it's possible to take without reloading. A good start would be to cap all three of these aspects. --Bob
I didn't ask you.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#24 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
I didn't ask you.
I don't care. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#25 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:38 pm

They're mentioning her anti-animal-cruelty videos now; they weren't this morning early.

Still nothing about her politics. Anti-animal-cruelty doesn't automatically make you a leftie.

I was at the dentist this morning. After I heard early broadcast. Dentist has classical station on, not NPR talk.

I didn't get my cap for very-important, 'cause people will see it when I smile tooth 11 because everything needed was done to make it fit (it didn't come from the lab like it should have come) but its not the right shade, so dentist is sending it back to be reglazed the proper shade. Of yellow.

The dentist is ticked too because of course they carefully specified shade. This time they took a "toothie" of my teeth to go with too. Probably a bad idea, because everybody's phones have diff color values.