New Facebook regs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

New Facebook regs

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:34 am

This is not what I wanted out of Facebook.

I sign a Change.org petition to help a police officer who was inexplicably transferred out of the K9 unit & had his dog taken away get his dog back. The family wants the dog back as a retired police dog, since dog hasn't been reassigned, dog is just sitting lonely in a kennel. Dog was of course their pet as well as a police dog, was there to comfort one of their kids who died. They have offered to buy dog if they have to.

This is the kind of petition bleeding-heart liberal dog lovers like me sign all the time.

So instead of just getting my signature in & ignoring suggestion to spread petition, which is stuff I never get into, I get a bunch of "are you really you" "sign in to Facebook again" hassles.

I don't think Change.org is a Russian agency, but apparently Facebook does.

Dog's name is Abu, I think. Haven't been able to get petition back up.

Bob Juch

Re: New Facebook regs

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:47 am

ghostjmf wrote:This is not what I wanted out of Facebook.

I sign a Change.org petition to help a police officer who was inexplicably transferred out of the K9 unit & had his dog taken away get his dog back. The family wants the dog back as a retired police dog, since dog hasn't been reassigned, dog is just sitting lonely in a kennel. Dog was of course their pet as well as a police dog, was there to comfort one of their kids who died. They have offered to buy dog if they have to.

This is the kind of petition bleeding-heart liberal dog lovers like me sign all the time.

So instead of just getting my signature in & ignoring suggestion to spread petition, which is stuff I never get into, I get a bunch of "are you really you" "sign in to Facebook again" hassles.

I don't think Change.org is a Russian agency, but apparently Facebook does.

Dog's name is Abu, I think. Haven't been able to get petition back up.
I had no trouble with that; you might even have used my post. Perhaps the problem was that you've never let Change.org post on your behalf before?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:18 pm

I don't want Change.org to share the petition, & didn't tell them to. I only wanted to sign the petition.

About the only stuff I share, & that very rarely, are too-cute-for-words baby animal pics. And maybe sunsets/northern lights pics.

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Dog's name is Abal & he was with officer Galanti. They sent me thank-you note, as change.org usually does, so at least my sig got through.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:41 pm

ghostjmf wrote:I don't want Change.org to share the petition, & didn't tell them to.
Good idea. Those triple-secret non-shared petitions are SO effective... :roll:
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:16 pm

y'know, Estonut, when I'm asked to sign a petition, & I agree with what it is for, I sign it. I don't have to bombard everyone I'm linked to on FB. FB makes it really hard to restrict to a subgroup, unless they've already grouped themselves.