If you really, really like political stuff

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
etaoin22
FNGD Forum Moderator

If you really, really like political stuff

#1 Post by etaoin22 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:59 pm

or at least MV.

I confess myself interested.

Today Show, Barack and Michelle with MV Thurrsday May 1.

Teasers apparently out variegatedly today.

BARACK OBAMA, IN TODAY INTERVIEW: This is somebody who married Michelle and I.

MITCHELL: Clearly trying to move past the controversy over the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, but when pressed, explaining why he didn't denounce his former pastor sooner.

BARACK OBAMA: If I wanted to be politically expedient, I would have distanced myself and denounced him right away. Right? That would have been the easy thing to do,

Hey, some GWB populista dysgrammaria, and a channelling of Richard Milhous Nixon.

Meanwhile, you guys will be interested to note the Canadian "scandal" of sorts, of the last two weeks, that the ruling Conservative Party of Canada spent a whole ONE MILLION DOLLARS possibly inappropriately, above the total of 18 million plus allowed for the last election campaign, (which sent then PM Paul Martin into a well-deserved retirement).

NB CPC used to be used by Commies of various sorts, but Harper stole the initials....

And when the clock strikes the new day, it is the new month of May, and a new May Day. Dont forget to ask the wretched of the world to arise!

TheConfessor

Re: If you really, really like political stuff

#2 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:46 pm

etaoin22 wrote: BARACK OBAMA, IN TODAY INTERVIEW: This is somebody who married Michelle and I.
It's interesting that you brought this up. I heard this sound bite earlier today and almost hurled. Obama went down several notches in my personal opinion. Maybe he was just trying to eschew the elitism of proper grammar and appeal to the great masses of undereducated common folk like Hillary's been doing.

TheConfessor

#3 Post by TheConfessor » Thu May 01, 2008 12:24 am

I should just turn off the TV if I can't take all the political bad grammar. I just heard Michelle Obama on CNN saying "The toughest thing for Barack and I is when he's not home and can't see his girls." Ouch! If they plan to be the new JFK and Jackie, they really need to enroll in a crash course in English.

Appa23

#4 Post by Appa23 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:11 am

TheConfessor wrote:I should just turn off the TV if I can't take all the political bad grammar. I just heard Michelle Obama on CNN saying "The toughest thing for Barack and I is when he's not home and can't see his girls." Ouch! If they plan to be the new JFK and Jackie, they really need to enroll in a crash course in English.
Your biggest issue with the Obamas from these interviews is their grammar? :roll:

Not that they suddenly decided to throw Wright under their camapign bus, then backed up over him, so that they could run him over one more time, despite the fact that Wright did not say anything that he did not say in the past, when the Obamas stood by him. Nope, he has to be roadkill because family and friends do not mean anything if they are seen as obstacles to the only thing that matters: the White House.

I hope his "racist" grandma is listening for those bus tires.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 01, 2008 11:45 am

Appa23 wrote:
TheConfessor wrote:I should just turn off the TV if I can't take all the political bad grammar. I just heard Michelle Obama on CNN saying "The toughest thing for Barack and I is when he's not home and can't see his girls." Ouch! If they plan to be the new JFK and Jackie, they really need to enroll in a crash course in English.
Your biggest issue with the Obamas from these interviews is their grammar? :roll:

Not that they suddenly decided to throw Wright under their campaign bus, then backed up over him, so that they could run him over one more time, despite the fact that Wright did not say anything that he did not say in the past, when the Obamas stood by him. Nope, he has to be roadkill because family and friends do not mean anything if they are seen as obstacles to the only thing that matters: the White House.

I hope his "racist" grandma is listening for those bus tires.
They threw him under the bus because Wright used the publicity to promote his own agenda at Obama's expense.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

TheConfessor

#6 Post by TheConfessor » Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Appa23 wrote: Your biggest issue with the Obamas from these interviews is their grammar?
Not necessarily. Where did I say that?

wbtravis007

#7 Post by wbtravis007 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:24 pm

I'm pretty sure that JFK used to make the same kind of mistake -- saying things like "send it to Bobby and I (or he)." I'm sure that that he knew the rule, but I guess it was hard to overcome what he was used to before he did. It was something that some of the people who were around him enough to know how smart he was just had to learn to get over.

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 01, 2008 1:38 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that JFK used to make the same kind of mistake -- saying things like "send it to Bobby and I (or he)." I'm sure that that he knew the rule, but I guess it was hard to overcome what he was used to before he did. It was something that some of the people who were around him enough to know how smart he was just had to learn to get over.
I've found that people who do that are trying to appear proper but don't know the rules, as opposed people who make the mistake of using "me" instead of "I".
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#9 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu May 01, 2008 1:44 pm

wbtravis007 wrote:
JFK also told Germans that he was a jelly donut.

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu May 01, 2008 2:05 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:JFK also told Germans that he was a jelly donut.
That's an urban legend.