F.B.I. Raids Office of Michael Cohen

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: F.B.I. Raids Office of Michael Cohen

#76 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:55 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So was Rudy lying then or is he lying now? --Bob
If his lips are moving, he's lying.
How clever!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#77 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:38 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: And I certainly think of myself as both honest and honorable. There are many of us. --Bob
From what you present on the bored, bob-tel, you are neither.
Go flock yourself. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#78 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote: And I certainly think of myself as both honest and honorable. There are many of us. --Bob
From what you present on the bored, bob-tel, you are neither.
Go flock yourself. --Bob
So sue me.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#79 Post by jarnon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 am

Now Omarosa has revealed that she taped Gen. Kelly firing her, and Trump afterward.

We’ve all taped a conversation with a boss or wished we had. But it’s still bizarre when the boss is the president.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#80 Post by jarnon » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:01 am

silverscreenselect wrote:According to the Wall Street Journal, the CFO of the Trump Organization, Michael Weisselberg, has been subpoenaed by a New York federal grand jury. And, before anyone starts hollering about Mueller overreach, this is not Mueller's investigators, but the regular prosecutors who would look into such things as money laundering and fraud.
WSJ reports Federal prosecutors gave Weisselberg immunity. And unlike Cohen, his extensive records aren't protected by attorney-client privilege.
jarnon wrote:In case Trump has pardons ready, most of Cohen's crimes, and some of what Trump is accused of, also violate New York law.
The New York Times says the Manhattan D.A., who was already investigating the Trump charity, is probing Trump Inc. executives such as Weisselberg.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#81 Post by jarnon » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:39 pm

jarnon wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:03 am
New York Times wrote:Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment to Playboy Model

By Matt Apuzzo, Maggie Haberman and Michael S. Schmidt

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s longtime lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The F.B.I. seized the recording this year during a raid on Mr. Cohen’s office. The Justice Department is investigating Mr. Cohen’s involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Mr. Trump ahead of the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Mr. Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.

The recording’s existence further draws Mr. Trump into questions about tactics he and his associates used to keep aspects of his personal and business life a secret. And it highlights the potential legal and political danger that Mr. Cohen represents to Mr. Trump. Once the keeper of many of Mr. Trump’s secrets, Mr. Cohen is now seen as increasingly willing to consider cooperating with prosecutors.

Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer, confirmed in a telephone conversation on Friday that Mr. Trump had discussed the payments with Mr. Cohen on the tape but said the payment was ultimately never made. He said the recording was less than two minutes and demonstrated that the president had done nothing wrong.

“Nothing in that conversation suggests that he had any knowledge of it in advance,” Mr. Giuliani said, adding that Mr. Trump had directed Mr. Cohen that if he were to make a payment related to the woman, write a check, rather than sending cash, so it could be properly documented.

“In the big scheme of things, it’s powerful exculpatory evidence,” Mr. Giuliani said.

Mr. Cohen’s lawyers discovered the recording as part of their review of the seized materials and shared it with Mr. Trump’s lawyers, according to three people briefed on the matter.

“We have nothing to say on this matter,” Mr. Cohen’s lawyer, Lanny J. Davis, said when asked about the tape.

The former model, Karen McDougal, says she began a nearly yearlong affair with Mr. Trump in 2006, shortly after Mr. Trump’s wife, Melania, gave birth to their son Barron. Ms. McDougal sold her story to The National Enquirer for $150,000 during the final months of the presidential campaign, but the tabloid sat on the story, which kept it from becoming public. The practice, known as “catch and kill,” effectively silenced Ms. McDougal for the remainder of the campaign.

David J. Pecker, the chairman of The Enquirer’s parent company, is a friend of Mr. Trump’s, and Ms. McDougal has accused Mr. Cohen of secretly taking part in the deal — an allegation that is now part of the F.B.I. investigation.

When The Wall Street Journal revealed the existence of the payment days before the election, Mr. Trump’s campaign spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, said, “We have no knowledge of any of this.” She said Ms. McDougal’s claim of an affair was “totally untrue.”
Pecker was seen yesterday at the New York courthouse where DA Bragg’s grand jury is hearing testimony. Maybe Bragg is trying to show a pattern of conduct by Cohen and Trump.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי