WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:15 pm 

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
If I wanted to fire Robert Mueller in December, as reported by the Failing New York Times, I would have fired him. Just more Fake News from a biased newspaper

I guess that blows your "evidence" out of the water, bob-tel.

No, that blows Trump's credibility out of the water (that's assuming he had a scintilla of credibility left).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:07 pm 
Bored Moderator

Quote:
If I wanted to fire Robert Mueller in December, as reported by the Failing New York Times, I would have fired him. Just more Fake News from a biased newspaper

News flash: Donny is a flocking liar. You can't believe anything he says. --Bob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:43 pm 

Bob78164 wrote:
Quote:

Or as James Comey says, "untethered to truth."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:49 am 

Bob78164 wrote:
Quote:

I understand that is your opinion. In reality, neither Mueller or Rosenstein have yet been fired. Whether he 'seriously considered' firing one or both of them or not, it has not occurred. So your argument is totally moot.
trump has lied on several occasions. I take everything he says with a salt shaker full of salt. But he is not the only one in Washington, or in the MSM, who plays with fast and loose with the truth. You do a fairly good job at it too, bob-tel. I take a pretty big dose of salt with all the completely biased propaganda that passes for reporting these days. We will probably never know what the truth is. The question is: who will win in the end? trump or the swamp? One thing is for sure, we the people are already the ultimate loser no matter who wins this fight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:25 am 
Bored Moderator

The question is: who will win in the end? trump or the swamp?
False dichotomy. Donny IS the swamp. --Bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 am 

Bob78164 wrote:

I disrespectfully disagree. Trump managed to get elected mainly because a large number of us are fed up with Washington. He might not be the best solution, but at least he knows what the main problem is.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:46 am 

He might not be the best solution, but at least he knows what the main problem is.

He should know it; he stares at it in the mirror every day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 am 

silverscreenselect wrote:
He might not be the best solution, but at least he knows what the main problem is.

What? Are you in kindergarten?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:21 am 

silverscreenselect wrote:

What? Are you in kindergarten?

Have you taken a serious look at the people that Trump has appointed to various positions. He has installed a giant pipeline from the swamp right into the Oval Office.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 am 

Bob78164 wrote:

I disrespectfully disagree. Trump managed to get elected mainly because a large number of us are fed up with Washington. He might not be the best solution, but at least he knows what the main problem is.

Yeah, he knew what to tell you what you wanted to hear, then installed the worst possible choices for his cabinet and agency heads.

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 am 

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Yeah, he knew what to tell you what you wanted to hear, then installed the worst possible choices for his cabinet and agency heads.

The worst may be Rick Perry as Secretary of Energy. Aside from being a dumbass, Perry said in 2012 that he wanted to eliminate the department. Well, he would have said it, but that was the one he could not think of.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am 
Bored Moderator

elwoodblues wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

The worst may be Rick Perry as Secretary of Energy. Aside from being a dumbass, Perry said in 2012 that he wanted to eliminate the department. Well, he would have said it, but that was the one he could not think of.
From a "swamp" perspective, there are worse picks. Pruitt is standing out right now as passing up few, if any, opportunities to pad his friends' pockets at taxpayers' expense, and firing, demoting, or reassigning those who are trying to make him follow the rules. In short, he's acting exactly like Donny. No wonder he still has his job. --Bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:11 pm 

Bob78164 wrote:
elwoodblues wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

From a "swamp" perspective, there are worse picks. Pruitt is standing out right now as passing up few, if any, opportunities to pad his friends' pockets at taxpayers' expense, and firing, demoting, or reassigning those who are trying to make him follow the rules. In short, he's acting exactly like Donny. No wonder he still has his job. --Bob

Now you are changing the subject. What the flocking hell do you think trump did with the russians? Isn't that what this thing is all about?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:20 pm 
Bored Moderator

Now you are changing the subject. What the flocking hell do you think trump did with the russians? Isn't that what this thing is all about?
No, it's not. Donny's illegal acceptance of campaign help from a hostile foreign power is only part of the investigation.

Got a problem with that? Recall that Kenneth Starr was originally appointed to investigate Whitewater, and ended up with Monica Lewinski's blue dress in his hands.

But you're right that Pruitt's misconduct probably isn't part of Mueller's investigation and Donny's refusal to fire him is just (in my view) politically corrupt but far short of criminal, or even impeachable. It just undercuts the political narrative you advanced above, that Donny needs to survive the investigation so he can clean the swamp. Donny won't ever clean the swamp because (as his behavior demonstrates every day) he is the swamp. --Bob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:37 pm 

Bob78164 wrote:
No, it's not. Donny's illegal acceptance of campaign help from a hostile foreign power is only part of the investigation.

Got a problem with that? Recall that Kenneth Starr was originally appointed to investigate Whitewater, and ended up with Monica Lewinski's blue dress in his hands.

But you're right that Pruitt's misconduct probably isn't part of Mueller's investigation and Donny's refusal to fire him is just (in my view) politically corrupt but far short of criminal, or even impeachable. It just undercuts the political narrative you advanced above, that Donny needs to survive the investigation so he can clean the swamp. Donny won't ever clean the swamp because (as his behavior demonstrates every day) he is the swamp. --Bob

What political narrative did I advance? I was just asking what is the specific crime trump is being accused of.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:48 pm 

What political narrative did I advance? I was just asking what is the specific crime trump is being accused of.

That's just it. They haven't found one yet. Of course they've been looking and cutting deals for only 14 months.

They are hoping, if they look long enough and hard enough he'll eventually break one......and then they've got him!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 pm 

BackInTex wrote:
That's just it. They haven't found one yet. Of course they've been looking and cutting deals for only 14 months.

Well, unless you've got some visibility in Mueller's office that the rest of us don't have, you don't know what his investigators have or haven't found.

What any good prosecutor does, especially if it's a case of the integrity of our national election process, is to gather as much information as possible and then bring the hammer down. Mueller has been very good about keeping secrets. Remember George Papadapolous. Try to find any mention of him before the date of his guilty plea. He was completely under the radar, and we now know that he had a substantial number of contacts with Russians while he was involved in the Trump campaign.

Mueller doesn't act like he's a man grasping at straws. Instead, it's the Trump people who are acting as if they are scared to death of what Mueller might do (and with good reason).

Remember Whitewater? That special investigation lasted four years, and there wasn't nearly that much flak, if any, out of Clinton and his followers to shut it down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:59 pm 
Queen of Wack

I think Trump is just jacking with everyone re:fire? not fire? Push them to get on with it, yada yada.