WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:16 am 
Director of Promos

Quote:
Season 26 of ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" will feature all athletes, with Olympic stars making up most of the roster.

ABC announced the cast on Friday and it will feature Olympic softball player Jennie Finch, Olympic figure skaters Tonya Harding, Adam Rippon and Mirai Nagasu, Olympic snowboarder Jamie Anderson, and Olympic luger Chris Mazdzer.

NBA legend and Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, former MLB player Johnny Damon, Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman and Notre Dame guard Arike Ogunbowale, who hit the winning shot to win the women's national championship, round out the cast competing for the mirror ball trophy.

Abdul-Jabbar will be the oldest contestant this season at age 70, while 21-year-old Ogunbowale will be the youngest.

DWTS: Athletes will premiere April 30 on ABC and will be the first season to feature all athlete competitors.

https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/04/13/dwts-athletes-cast-season-26

Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:23 am 

The further Tonya Harding makes it in the competition, the more nervous I would be if I were one of her remaining competitors.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:27 am 

Vandal wrote:

Abdul-Jabbar will be the oldest contestant this season at age 70,

A reminder of how old I'm getting. My freshman year at Georgia Tech, our basketball team (one of the better Tech teams ever) went out to Los Angeles to play in UCLA's holiday tournament (and needless to say, did not win). I was home on Christmas break when the game happened but I remember a lot of newspaper coverage of how our star center Rich Yunkus would fare against then-Lew Alcindor. Yunkus did fairly well; the rest of the team did not.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:14 am 

At least I've heard of many of the stars. Who actually *are* stars, as athletes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:23 am 

silverscreenselect wrote:
Vandal wrote:

A reminder of how old I'm getting. My freshman year at Georgia Tech, our basketball team (one of the better Tech teams ever) went out to Los Angeles to play in UCLA's holiday tournament (and needless to say, did not win). I was home on Christmas break when the game happened but I remember a lot of newspaper coverage of how our star center Rich Yunkus would fare against then-Lew Alcindor. Yunkus did fairly well; the rest of the team did not.

I didn't think you were that old. I was at UCLA with Lew Alcindor.

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:58 am 

Bob Juch wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I didn't think you were that old. I was at UCLA with Lew Alcindor.

Well, I'm not quite as old as I thought, although my memory is playing tricks on me.

We did play UCLA my freshman year (and lost), but it was the UCLA team led by Curtis Rowe and Sidney Wicks the year after Alcindor graduated. Ironically, that was the year that many people thought UCLA would be beatable, since it came between the Alcindor and the Walton teams. They still won the national title that year. I could have sworn I remembered Yunkus going up against Alcindor but I was wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:43 am 

I was lucky enough to see the Houston Cougars beat Alcindor in the Astrodome in '68. I was 15. Unbelievable game. Also saw Ali fight twice in the Dome. Angelo Dundee later said that he thought that Ali was at his peak when he fought Cleveland Williams there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:37 pm 
FNGD Forum Moderator

The further Tonya Harding makes it in the competition, the more nervous I would be if I were one of her remaining competitors.

I heard that, just in case, all contestants this season will be dancing with their choice of football pads or Baseball Catcher's protective gear as part of their costumes.

Theme nights will include the Rhumba Rumble, the Mangling Merengue and the Patella Pummeling Paso Doble.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 pm 

T_Bone0806 wrote:

I heard that, just in case, all contestants this season will be dancing with their choice of football pads or Baseball Catcher's protective gear as part of their costumes.

Theme nights will include the Rhumba Rumble, the Mangling Merengue and the Patella Pummeling Paso Doble.

I think they need to have Allison Janney as a guest judge one night.

The real question of government versus private enterprise is argued on too philosophical and abstract a basis. Theoretically, planning may be good. But nobody has ever figured out the cause of government stupidity—and until they do (and find the cure), all ideal plans will fall into quicksand. -- Richard Feynman, "What do you Care what other People Think?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:53 pm 
FNGD Forum Moderator

mrkelley23 wrote:
T_Bone0806 wrote:

I think they need to have Allison Janney as a guest judge one night.

Along with a couple of WWE referees..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:23 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 pm 
No Scritches!!!

I still recall with great fondness the year that Kristi Yamaguchi and partner Mark Ballas won. It was such a joy to watch. I think when I log off here I'll watch it again on YouTube.