WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
The MSM is ramping up the hype that Rosenstein is going to be fired. Bad move if it happens. If it doesn't, we have more fake news.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17172
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The MSM is ramping up the hype that Rosenstein is going to be fired. Bad move if it happens. If it doesn't, we have more fake news.
It's not fake news if Donny's talking about it and floating trial balloons, only to back down when he sees how much Congressional blowback he's going to get. It's just Donny acting like every other bully I've ever met when faced with someone just as strong who stands his ground. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9175
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The MSM is ramping up the hype that Rosenstein is going to be fired. Bad move if it happens. If it doesn't, we have more fake news.
It's not fake news if Donny's talking about it and floating trial balloons, only to back down when he sees how much Congressional blowback he's going to get. It's just Donny acting like every other bully I've ever met when faced with someone just as strong who stands his ground. --Bob


Have you been bullied? Is that your basis for political animus?

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17172
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The MSM is ramping up the hype that Rosenstein is going to be fired. Bad move if it happens. If it doesn't, we have more fake news.
It's not fake news if Donny's talking about it and floating trial balloons, only to back down when he sees how much Congressional blowback he's going to get. It's just Donny acting like every other bully I've ever met when faced with someone just as strong who stands his ground. --Bob


Have you been bullied? Is that your basis for political animus?
Not since I was quite young. I despise Donny not (just) because he's a bully, but because his conduct is a clear danger to our democracy. I would much rather see Pence in that position, even though I know full well that Pence will be a lot more effective at advancing policies I loathe.

What Donny has already done was more than enough to set Nixon on the road to impeachment and removal from office. I can't for the life of me understand why people are still defending him. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:50 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9175
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
It's not fake news if Donny's talking about it and floating trial balloons, only to back down when he sees how much Congressional blowback he's going to get. It's just Donny acting like every other bully I've ever met when faced with someone just as strong who stands his ground. --Bob


Have you been bullied? Is that your basis for political animus?
Not since I was quite young. I despise Donny not (just) because he's a bully, but because his conduct is a clear danger to our democracy. I would much rather see Pence in that position, even though I know full well that Pence will be a lot more effective at advancing policies I loathe.

What Donny has already done was more than enough to set Nixon on the road to impeachment and removal from office. I can't for the life of me understand why people are still defending him. --Bob


That makes no logical sense. You have said words are more dangerous than guns, or words to that effect, so are you saying you fear everything is going to blow up with Trump as opposed to having a Pence presidency that is...what?

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:56 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17172
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Have you been bullied? Is that your basis for political animus?
Not since I was quite young. I despise Donny not (just) because he's a bully, but because his conduct is a clear danger to our democracy. I would much rather see Pence in that position, even though I know full well that Pence will be a lot more effective at advancing policies I loathe.

What Donny has already done was more than enough to set Nixon on the road to impeachment and removal from office. I can't for the life of me understand why people are still defending him. --Bob


That makes no logical sense. You have said words are more dangerous than guns, or words to that effect, so are you saying you fear everything is going to blow up with Trump as opposed to having a Pence presidency that is...what?
I answered a question, so now it's my turn.

Why do you defend Donny? Why are you seemingly okay with Congress's failure to bring him to heel? --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9175
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Not since I was quite young. I despise Donny not (just) because he's a bully, but because his conduct is a clear danger to our democracy. I would much rather see Pence in that position, even though I know full well that Pence will be a lot more effective at advancing policies I loathe.

What Donny has already done was more than enough to set Nixon on the road to impeachment and removal from office. I can't for the life of me understand why people are still defending him. --Bob


That makes no logical sense. You have said words are more dangerous than guns, or words to that effect, so are you saying you fear everything is going to blow up with Trump as opposed to having a Pence presidency that is...what?
I answered a question, so now it's my turn.

Why do you defend Donny? Why are you seemingly okay with Congress's failure to bring him to heel? --Bob


You did not answer my question.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17172
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

That makes no logical sense. You have said words are more dangerous than guns, or words to that effect, so are you saying you fear everything is going to blow up with Trump as opposed to having a Pence presidency that is...what?
I answered a question, so now it's my turn.

Why do you defend Donny? Why are you seemingly okay with Congress's failure to bring him to heel? --Bob


You did not answer my question.
I did. You asked whether I've been bullied (yes, when I was young) and whether that's the source of my political animus toward Donny (no). Your turn. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9175
Location: Location.Location.Location
No desire to discuss flabby politics etc now.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Not since I was quite young. I despise Donny not (just) because he's a bully, but because his conduct is a clear danger to our democracy. I would much rather see Pence in that position, even though I know full well that Pence will be a lot more effective at advancing policies I loathe.

What Donny has already done was more than enough to set Nixon on the road to impeachment and removal from office. I can't for the life of me understand why people are still defending him. --Bob


That makes no logical sense. You have said words are more dangerous than guns, or words to that effect, so are you saying you fear everything is going to blow up with Trump as opposed to having a Pence presidency that is...what?
I answered a question, so now it's my turn.

Why do you defend Donny? Why are you seemingly okay with Congress's failure to bring him to heel? --Bob


This seems to be your new question. Which of your sources directed you to ask this one?
I'll give you an answer, even though you're not asking me, bob-tel.

I do not defend trump for all the stupid things he keeps doing. I wish he would act a bit more mature. But like Obama before him and Bush before him, he is doing some things I agree with, some I don't. Or at least trying to do them. He was elected President, and regardless of his personality, he should be given the opportunity to do the job we elected him to, unless and until it is proven he has committed any high crimes or misdemeanors. As far as I know, HE HASN'T THUS FAR.

Which brings me to the concept you don't seem to understand. He is acting more mature than you and the trump haters like you.

You (the trump-haters as a group) want us so desperately to hate him. You point out and exaggerate every little thing you can misconstrue into some sort of scandal. You mock him and disrespect him in ways that if anyone did to Obama they would have been totally marginalized, but it seems to be okay for your group. You seem to get some sort of thrill out of it, like you do calling him 'donny'.

You, personally, declared you would do anything in your power to force him out of office, before he even took office. Hillary lost, but she can't just go away with whatever dignity she has left. She keeps making more comments that show her complete disdain for the 'deplorables'.

The Congress won't do their job. That didn't start with trump, but it's gotten worse. The republicans in congress are no gift to the world, but the democrats, especially in the senate, led by people like you, are deliberately sabotaging anything just out of spite.

The MSM, led by CNN, is totally in bed with the democrats, and they don't even seem to care about hiding it anymore.

In short, in my opinion (I don't claim that my opinions are fact), people like you seem to value your hatred of trump more than the well being of our country. And I think many other people share my opinion.

We're not defending trump. We just think people like you are worse.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6285
Location: Montana
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

That makes no logical sense. You have said words are more dangerous than guns, or words to that effect, so are you saying you fear everything is going to blow up with Trump as opposed to having a Pence presidency that is...what?
I answered a question, so now it's my turn.

Why do you defend Donny? Why are you seemingly okay with Congress's failure to bring him to heel? --Bob


This seems to be your new question. Which of your sources directed you to ask this one?
I'll give you an answer, even though you're not asking me, bob-tel.

I do not defend trump for all the stupid things he keeps doing. I wish he would act a bit more mature. But like Obama before him and Bush before him, he is doing some things I agree with, some I don't. Or at least trying to do them. He was elected President, and regardless of his personality, he should be given the opportunity to do the job we elected him to, unless and until it is proven he has committed any high crimes or misdemeanors. As far as I know, HE HASN'T THUS FAR.

Which brings me to the concept you don't seem to understand. He is acting more mature than you and the trump haters like you.

You (the trump-haters as a group) want us so desperately to hate him. You point out and exaggerate every little thing you can misconstrue into some sort of scandal. You mock him and disrespect him in ways that if anyone did to Obama they would have been totally marginalized, but it seems to be okay for your group. You seem to get some sort of thrill out of it, like you do calling him 'donny'.

You, personally, declared you would do anything in your power to force him out of office, before he even took office. Hillary lost, but she can't just go away with whatever dignity she has left. She keeps making more comments that show her complete disdain for the 'deplorables'.

The Congress won't do their job. That didn't start with trump, but it's gotten worse. The republicans in congress are no gift to the world, but the democrats, especially in the senate, led by people like you, are deliberately sabotaging anything just out of spite.

The MSM, led by CNN, is totally in bed with the democrats, and they don't even seem to care about hiding it anymore.

In short, in my opinion (I don't claim that my opinions are fact), people like you seem to value your hatred of trump more than the well being of our country. And I think many other people share my opinion.

We're not defending trump. We just think people like you are worse.


Amen.

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.

Rick Castle is dreamy.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15252
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The republicans in congress are no gift to the world, but the democrats, especially in the senate, led by people like you, are deliberately sabotaging anything just out of spite.


Spoken after the Republicans completely blocked Obama's Supreme Court nomination for an entire year. Obama got raked over the coals by Fox News, Hannity and the like for the color of the suit he wore. Hillary had to endure four different lengthy probes into Benghazi and hours of grilling testimony.

What you can't get over is that Trump is worse on entire levels of magnitude than other presidents we have had. And, under your very nose, he's doing his best to try to subvert the democratic process (often with the help of those in Congress who view him as their only hope of retaining power) and shut down the investigations into his behavior.

You claim there's never been any proof against him, while ignoring all the information that has piled up so far, simply because you don't like the messenger, i.e. the MSM. The MSM have made mistakes about Trump. They will probably continue to make mistakes about Trump and every future president. That's more a function of the changing way news gathering operates in an Internet driven, social media, immediate deadline world rather than in an era when Ben Bradlee could sit on a story for days or weeks until he was sure his reporters had gotten it right. But you harp on the occasions when they make a mistake and use that to imply that nothing they say is right. But any time Trump or one of his lackeys floats a talking point through their mouthpieces at Fox News, you jump on it like it's gospel. You support conspiracy theories that involve dozens of lifelong Republicans in the FBI and Justice Department conspiring with Hillary Clinton and the Russians to try to bring Trump down (after first for "cover" sabotaging Hillary's campaign).

Fortunately, the people who, unlike you, don't have their heads so far up Hannity's rear end that they can tell what he had for dinner the night before, but are willing to see Trump for what he is, are wising up. That's why they voted for a Democrat in a Pennsylvania house district that went for Trump by 20 points against a Republican who wasn't a nutcase or a child molester but whose only real "crime" was that he wholeheartedly supported Trump and his policies and said he would continue to do so in Congress. The voters said no to that just like they are going to say no to a lot of similar Republicans between now and November.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
The republicans in congress are no gift to the world, but the democrats, especially in the senate, led by people like you, are deliberately sabotaging anything just out of spite.


Spoken after the Republicans completely blocked Obama's Supreme Court nomination for an entire year. Obama got raked over the coals by Fox News, Hannity and the like for the color of the suit he wore. Hillary had to endure four different lengthy probes into Benghazi and hours of grilling testimony.

What you can't get over is that Trump is worse on entire levels of magnitude than other presidents we have had. And, under your very nose, he's doing his best to try to subvert the democratic process (often with the help of those in Congress who view him as their only hope of retaining power) and shut down the investigations into his behavior.

You claim there's never been any proof against him, while ignoring all the information that has piled up so far, simply because you don't like the messenger, i.e. the MSM. The MSM have made mistakes about Trump. They will probably continue to make mistakes about Trump and every future president. That's more a function of the changing way news gathering operates in an Internet driven, social media, immediate deadline world rather than in an era when Ben Bradlee could sit on a story for days or weeks until he was sure his reporters had gotten it right. But you harp on the occasions when they make a mistake and use that to imply that nothing they say is right. But any time Trump or one of his lackeys floats a talking point through their mouthpieces at Fox News, you jump on it like it's gospel. You support conspiracy theories that involve dozens of lifelong Republicans in the FBI and Justice Department conspiring with Hillary Clinton and the Russians to try to bring Trump down (after first for "cover" sabotaging Hillary's campaign).

Fortunately, the people who, unlike you, don't have their heads so far up Hannity's rear end that they can tell what he had for dinner the night before, but are willing to see Trump for what he is, are wising up. That's why they voted for a Democrat in a Pennsylvania house district that went for Trump by 20 points against a Republican who wasn't a nutcase or a child molester but whose only real "crime" was that he wholeheartedly supported Trump and his policies and said he would continue to do so in Congress. The voters said no to that just like they are going to say no to a lot of similar Republicans between now and November.


Thank you for validating my previous post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21791
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

That makes no logical sense. You have said words are more dangerous than guns, or words to that effect, so are you saying you fear everything is going to blow up with Trump as opposed to having a Pence presidency that is...what?
I answered a question, so now it's my turn.

Why do you defend Donny? Why are you seemingly okay with Congress's failure to bring him to heel? --Bob


This seems to be your new question. Which of your sources directed you to ask this one?
I'll give you an answer, even though you're not asking me, bob-tel.

I do not defend trump for all the stupid things he keeps doing. I wish he would act a bit more mature. But like Obama before him and Bush before him, he is doing some things I agree with, some I don't. Or at least trying to do them. He was elected President, and regardless of his personality, he should be given the opportunity to do the job we elected him to, unless and until it is proven he has committed any high crimes or misdemeanors. As far as I know, HE HASN'T THUS FAR.

Which brings me to the concept you don't seem to understand. He is acting more mature than you and the trump haters like you.

You (the trump-haters as a group) want us so desperately to hate him. You point out and exaggerate every little thing you can misconstrue into some sort of scandal. You mock him and disrespect him in ways that if anyone did to Obama they would have been totally marginalized, but it seems to be okay for your group. You seem to get some sort of thrill out of it, like you do calling him 'donny'.

You, personally, declared you would do anything in your power to force him out of office, before he even took office. Hillary lost, but she can't just go away with whatever dignity she has left. She keeps making more comments that show her complete disdain for the 'deplorables'.

The Congress won't do their job. That didn't start with trump, but it's gotten worse. The republicans in congress are no gift to the world, but the democrats, especially in the senate, led by people like you, are deliberately sabotaging anything just out of spite.

The MSM, led by CNN, is totally in bed with the democrats, and they don't even seem to care about hiding it anymore.

In short, in my opinion (I don't claim that my opinions are fact), people like you seem to value your hatred of trump more than the well being of our country. And I think many other people share my opinion.

We're not defending trump. We just think people like you are worse.

You would have been saying, "My guy is so much better than Paul von Hindenburg, I'll forgive his little quirks."

It's because I care for the well-being of our country that I hate trump.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
I answered a question, so now it's my turn.

Why do you defend Donny? Why are you seemingly okay with Congress's failure to bring him to heel? --Bob


This seems to be your new question. Which of your sources directed you to ask this one?
I'll give you an answer, even though you're not asking me, bob-tel.

I do not defend trump for all the stupid things he keeps doing. I wish he would act a bit more mature. But like Obama before him and Bush before him, he is doing some things I agree with, some I don't. Or at least trying to do them. He was elected President, and regardless of his personality, he should be given the opportunity to do the job we elected him to, unless and until it is proven he has committed any high crimes or misdemeanors. As far as I know, HE HASN'T THUS FAR.

Which brings me to the concept you don't seem to understand. He is acting more mature than you and the trump haters like you.

You (the trump-haters as a group) want us so desperately to hate him. You point out and exaggerate every little thing you can misconstrue into some sort of scandal. You mock him and disrespect him in ways that if anyone did to Obama they would have been totally marginalized, but it seems to be okay for your group. You seem to get some sort of thrill out of it, like you do calling him 'donny'.

You, personally, declared you would do anything in your power to force him out of office, before he even took office. Hillary lost, but she can't just go away with whatever dignity she has left. She keeps making more comments that show her complete disdain for the 'deplorables'.

The Congress won't do their job. That didn't start with trump, but it's gotten worse. The republicans in congress are no gift to the world, but the democrats, especially in the senate, led by people like you, are deliberately sabotaging anything just out of spite.

The MSM, led by CNN, is totally in bed with the democrats, and they don't even seem to care about hiding it anymore.

In short, in my opinion (I don't claim that my opinions are fact), people like you seem to value your hatred of trump more than the well being of our country. And I think many other people share my opinion.

We're not defending trump. We just think people like you are worse.

You would have been saying, "My guy is so much better than Paul von Hindenburg, I'll forgive his little quirks."

It's because I care for the well-being of our country that I hate trump.


Comparing trump to Hitler is disgusting on many levels. You are so wrapped up in your hatred that you don't even see that it is a line that you shouldn't cross. It just shows how hateful people like you are and another reason why people like you should be ignored.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15252
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Comparing trump to Hitler is disgusting on many levels.


It's a good thing Hitler isn't alive or he could sue for slander.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
Hockey puck,
I won't even comment on your hitler "joke". I'm surprised even you could sink that low.

But I was confused by one of your earlier comments:

Quote:
What you can't get over is that Trump is worse on entire levels of magnitude than other presidents we have had. And, under your very nose, he's doing his best to try to subvert the democratic process


That confused me until I went back a few weeks.
It's Scott Walker in Wisconsin who's subverting the democratic process. Not trump. trump is the racist, sexist, hitler... well everything else. Soros paid a lot of money for those focus groups, so keep your allegations straight. You need to get with bob-tel. I'm sure he took notes and it's on one of his yellow legal pads.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
Just a question
NBC, CNN and probably all the usual suspects loaded up late last week on 'news' stories that Rosenstein was all but fired. 'People familiar with the situation' were quoted saying Rosenstein himself was all ready to be fired.

Well, he apparently has survived the weekend. It's anybody's guess whether he will go or not on a day to day basis.

Given that bob-tel has based his entire delusion on that trump 'seriously considers' doing this or that, when does this become fake news? Does a reputable news organization report hearsay from 'people who are familiar with the situation' as fact, when in truth, nothing has actually happened?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17172
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Just a question
NBC, CNN and probably all the usual suspects loaded up late last week on 'news' stories that Rosenstein was all but fired. 'People familiar with the situation' were quoted saying Rosenstein himself was all ready to be fired.

Well, he apparently has survived the weekend. It's anybody's guess whether he will go or not on a day to day basis.

Given that bob-tel has based his entire delusion on that trump 'seriously considers' doing this or that, when does this become fake news? Does a reputable news organization report hearsay from 'people who are familiar with the situation' as fact, when in truth, nothing has actually happened?
It becomes fake news when Donny stops being a liar.

Republican Senators are taking this seriously enough to fire public warning shots across Donny's bow. Hell, the leaks are probably warning shots coming from within his Administration. Just because he gets scared off firing Rosenstein or trying to fire Mueller doesn't mean he wasn't seriously considering it.

And we already know that he did fire Mueller after trying unsuccessfully to influence Mueller's investigation of Flynn, who has subsequently pleaded guilty. That, right there, is prima facie evidence of obstruction of justice. It's probably not enough to get a conviction (assuming that a president can be charged with a crime while in office for actions taken under color of law, which is decidedly unclear). But it's certainly enough to justify an investigation, and far more than Republicans ever had when they went to town with their investigations during the Obama Administration. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15252
Bob78164 wrote:
Republican Senators are taking this seriously enough to fire public warning shots across Donny's bow. Hell, the leaks are probably warning shots coming from within his Administration. Just because he gets scared off firing Rosenstein or trying to fire Mueller doesn't mean he wasn't seriously considering it.


Every time a leaked story surfaces, it's a good idea to ask where it came from. CNN, NBC, and the like are not sitting around making up stories because they don't like Trump or to get good ratings, let alone the Wall Street Journal and McClatchy. And there is every indication that Mueller has not been the source of these leaks. But Flock and the like adopt a stick-your-head-in-the-sand attitude to all this because it's just simpler to yell fake news and ignore everything bad until someone is led away in handcuffs.

If Trump and his team have nothing to hide, then why are they so anxious to shut down Mueller's investigation, one way or another. Every five seconds Trump says "no collusion."

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
Quote:
And we already know that he did fire Mueller after trying unsuccessfully to influence Mueller's investigation of Flynn


I must have missed that one. Did that come from an unnamed source familiar with the situation?


Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
Quote:
CNN, NBC, and the like are not sitting around making up stories because they don't like Trump or to get good ratings


Um, yes, they are...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-trump-media-coverage-harvard-kass-0521-20170519-column.html

Quote:
Every five seconds Trump says "no collusion."


Maybe because there wasn't?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15252
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
CNN, NBC, and the like are not sitting around making up stories because they don't like Trump or to get good ratings


Um, yes, they are...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-trump-media-coverage-harvard-kass-0521-20170519-column.html


So, assuming that the press has been negative about Trump (and it certainly has), how does that make the coverage "fake news"? I would assume that press coverage of Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein in the U.S. was overwhelmingly negative, but that doesn't mean they were wrong.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4071
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
CNN, NBC, and the like are not sitting around making up stories because they don't like Trump or to get good ratings


Um, yes, they are...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-trump-media-coverage-harvard-kass-0521-20170519-column.html


So, assuming that the press has been negative about Trump (and it certainly has), how does that make the coverage "fake news"? I would assume that press coverage of Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein in the U.S. was overwhelmingly negative, but that doesn't mean they were wrong.


So, you believe trump is equivalent to bin laden? I guess you do. You are one sick puppy, hockey puck.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Rosenstein
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21791
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Quote:
CNN, NBC, and the like are not sitting around making up stories because they don't like Trump or to get good ratings


Um, yes, they are...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-trump-media-coverage-harvard-kass-0521-20170519-column.html

Quote:
Every five seconds Trump says "no collusion."


Maybe because there wasn't?

Methinks he doth protest too much.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.