WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21486
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer negotiated a deal in late 2017 to pay $1.6 million to a former Playboy model who said she was impregnated by a top Republican fundraiser, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-lawy ... 1523638726

Please note that the WSJ is owned by News Corp.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 3774
Location: Olympia, Washington
So?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 14900
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
So?


It would certainly be interesting to know where the money came from.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 3774
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
So?


It would certainly be interesting to know where the money came from.

Possibly from the former fundraiser who got her pregnant, wouldn't you say?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21486
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Elliott Broidy, RNC deputy finance chair, resigns amid reports of Playmate payoff

CBS News wrote:
Elliott Broidy, a prominent GOP fundraiser, has resigned as deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee, a source familiar with the matter told CBS News. Broidy's resignation followed a Friday Wall Street Journal report that Michael Cohen, President Trump's embattled personal attorney, had negotiated $1.6 million in payments to a former Playboy model who said Broidy had impregnated her.

"I acknowledge I had a consensual relationship with a Playboy Playmate," Broidy said in a statement to the Journal. "At the end of our relationship, this woman shared with me that she was pregnant. She alone decided that she did not want to continue with the pregnancy and I offered to help her financially during this difficult period."

According to the paper, Broidy's deal with the Playboy model prevents her from speaking out about the agreement. In return, she was promised $1.6 million that would be paid in quarterly installments over a period of two years.

Cohen is also a deputy finance chair at the RNC.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 3774
Location: Olympia, Washington
Bob Juch wrote:
Elliott Broidy, RNC deputy finance chair, resigns amid reports of Playmate payoff

CBS News wrote:
Elliott Broidy, a prominent GOP fundraiser, has resigned as deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee, a source familiar with the matter told CBS News. Broidy's resignation followed a Friday Wall Street Journal report that Michael Cohen, President Trump's embattled personal attorney, had negotiated $1.6 million in payments to a former Playboy model who said Broidy had impregnated her.

"I acknowledge I had a consensual relationship with a Playboy Playmate," Broidy said in a statement to the Journal. "At the end of our relationship, this woman shared with me that she was pregnant. She alone decided that she did not want to continue with the pregnancy and I offered to help her financially during this difficult period."

According to the paper, Broidy's deal with the Playboy model prevents her from speaking out about the agreement. In return, she was promised $1.6 million that would be paid in quarterly installments over a period of two years.

Cohen is also a deputy finance chair at the RNC.

Once again: So?
Why in your troubled mind do you think anyone needs to know about this? In what way does it possibly relate to anything else, other than that you hate trump, which we already know. Why not just post that anything bad, scandalous or evil that is in the news originated because trump is president. That would be much easier. Rhetorical question to both you and the MSM.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:58 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 16822
Location: By the phone
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Elliott Broidy, RNC deputy finance chair, resigns amid reports of Playmate payoff

CBS News wrote:
Elliott Broidy, a prominent GOP fundraiser, has resigned as deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee, a source familiar with the matter told CBS News. Broidy's resignation followed a Friday Wall Street Journal report that Michael Cohen, President Trump's embattled personal attorney, had negotiated $1.6 million in payments to a former Playboy model who said Broidy had impregnated her.

"I acknowledge I had a consensual relationship with a Playboy Playmate," Broidy said in a statement to the Journal. "At the end of our relationship, this woman shared with me that she was pregnant. She alone decided that she did not want to continue with the pregnancy and I offered to help her financially during this difficult period."

According to the paper, Broidy's deal with the Playboy model prevents her from speaking out about the agreement. In return, she was promised $1.6 million that would be paid in quarterly installments over a period of two years.

Cohen is also a deputy finance chair at the RNC.

Once again: So?
Why in your troubled mind do you think anyone needs to know about this? In what way does it possibly relate to anything else, other than that you hate trump, which we already know. Why not just post that anything bad, scandalous or evil that is in the news originated because trump is president. That would be much easier. Rhetorical question to both you and the MSM.
This story, in and of itself, is unimportant to me. But I am starting to wonder just what else was covered up via money and intimidation tactics because it looks like this has been a pretty common pattern. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21486
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Elliott Broidy, RNC deputy finance chair, resigns amid reports of Playmate payoff


Once again: So?
Why in your troubled mind do you think anyone needs to know about this? In what way does it possibly relate to anything else, other than that you hate trump, which we already know. Why not just post that anything bad, scandalous or evil that is in the news originated because trump is president. That would be much easier. Rhetorical question to both you and the MSM.
This story, in and of itself, is unimportant to me. But I am starting to wonder just what else was covered up via money and intimidation tactics because it looks like this has been a pretty common pattern. --Bob

He's the third deputy finance chair of the Republican National Committee to go up in flames so far.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 14900
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Why in your troubled mind do you think anyone needs to know about this? In what way does it possibly relate to anything else, other than that you hate trump, which we already know.


Flock, what you might be asking yourself is who leaked this story and why? The Wall Street Journal didn't suddenly take it upon themselves to turn into another National Enquirer, so someone gave them this story, and the usual reason that stories like this leak is because the truth turns out to be much worse than what is leaked. By getting in front of the spin now, Cohen or Broidy manage to get gullible people like you to buy into their narrative that this is just another tawdry sex scandal that's nobody's business.

The question in these payoffs isn't the fact of the payoff but rather how it was done, and if Cohen is orchestrating money-laundering schemes to hide the origin of these payoffs in violation of campaign finance laws (or trying to disguise them as legitimate business deductions in violation of the IRC), then there are some serious criminal violations here, especially for an attorney.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 3774
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

Why in your troubled mind do you think anyone needs to know about this? In what way does it possibly relate to anything else, other than that you hate trump, which we already know.


Flock, what you might be asking yourself is who leaked this story and why? The Wall Street Journal didn't suddenly take it upon themselves to turn into another National Enquirer, so someone gave them this story, and the usual reason that stories like this leak is because the truth turns out to be much worse than what is leaked. By getting in front of the spin now, Cohen or Broidy manage to get gullible people like you to buy into their narrative that this is just another tawdry sex scandal that's nobody's business.

The question in these payoffs isn't the fact of the payoff but rather how it was done, and if Cohen is orchestrating money-laundering schemes to hide the origin of these payoffs in violation of campaign finance laws (or trying to disguise them as legitimate business deductions in violation of the IRC), then there are some serious criminal violations here, especially for an attorney.

You are soooo tuned in to the vast right-wing conspiracy, Hockey puck. We've got a leaker! Who's sending you our memos?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 14900
flockofseagulls104 wrote:

You are soooo tuned in to the vast right-wing conspiracy, Hockey puck. We've got a leaker! Who's sending you our memos?


Well, unless you think the Wall Street Journal can read minds, then somebody leaked that information to them.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: triviawayne and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.