WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:34 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4062
Location: Olympia, Washington
This is why we believe you trump haters are worse than trump.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/chick-fil-as-creepy-infiltration-of-new-york-city

We don't want any of your bigotry. And that's exactly what it is.

BTW, Chick Fil A has been in the New York Area since the 1970's. There was one in the Woodbridge NJ Mall when I worked there, and I loved it then, and still love it. Washington State, where I live now, is ultra liberal, and therefore ultra bigotted in the same way. There are few Chick-Fil-As here, the nearest one to me is in Tacoma, 30-40 minutes away. I try and go there every time I have to go to the airport, and its always extremely crowded. One time there were two or three scraggily looking protesters outside the restaurant. I don't think they had much influence with the people in line just to get in or the line of cars around the next building.
I've asked when they will open one in Olympia, and they say they're expanding to several more locations in the Seattle area, but it will be several years before they get to Olympia.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6277
Location: Montana
Bless their hearts. I wish we'd get one here. And a Noodles & Co.

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.

Rick Castle is dreamy.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21789
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
This is why we believe you trump haters are worse than trump.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/chick-fil-as-creepy-infiltration-of-new-york-city

We don't want any of your bigotry. And that's exactly what it is.

BTW, Chick Fil A has been in the New York Area since the 1970's. There was one in the Woodbridge NJ Mall when I worked there, and I loved it then, and still love it. Washington State, where I live now, is ultra liberal, and therefore ultra bigotted in the same way. There are few Chick-Fil-As here, the nearest one to me is in Tacoma, 30-40 minutes away. I try and go there every time I have to go to the airport, and its always extremely crowded. One time there were two or three scraggily looking protesters outside the restaurant. I don't think they had much influence with the people in line just to get in or the line of cars around the next building.
I've asked when they will open one in Olympia, and they say they're expanding to several more locations in the Seattle area, but it will be several years before they get to Olympia.

I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4062
Location: Olympia, Washington
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
This is why we believe you trump haters are worse than trump.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/chick-fil-as-creepy-infiltration-of-new-york-city

We don't want any of your bigotry. And that's exactly what it is.

BTW, Chick Fil A has been in the New York Area since the 1970's. There was one in the Woodbridge NJ Mall when I worked there, and I loved it then, and still love it. Washington State, where I live now, is ultra liberal, and therefore ultra bigotted in the same way. There are few Chick-Fil-As here, the nearest one to me is in Tacoma, 30-40 minutes away. I try and go there every time I have to go to the airport, and its always extremely crowded. One time there were two or three scraggily looking protesters outside the restaurant. I don't think they had much influence with the people in line just to get in or the line of cars around the next building.
I've asked when they will open one in Olympia, and they say they're expanding to several more locations in the Seattle area, but it will be several years before they get to Olympia.

I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.


You wouldn't see anything bigotted about it, because you share in it. And it has to do with trump because of MY bigotry. I would bet a good sum that the person who decided to spend time writing this article criticising Chick-Fil-A for a 'creepy infiltration' hates trump as much as you. I may be wrong, but would you bet against me?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21789
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
This is why we believe you trump haters are worse than trump.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/chick-fil-as-creepy-infiltration-of-new-york-city

We don't want any of your bigotry. And that's exactly what it is.

BTW, Chick Fil A has been in the New York Area since the 1970's. There was one in the Woodbridge NJ Mall when I worked there, and I loved it then, and still love it. Washington State, where I live now, is ultra liberal, and therefore ultra bigotted in the same way. There are few Chick-Fil-As here, the nearest one to me is in Tacoma, 30-40 minutes away. I try and go there every time I have to go to the airport, and its always extremely crowded. One time there were two or three scraggily looking protesters outside the restaurant. I don't think they had much influence with the people in line just to get in or the line of cars around the next building.
I've asked when they will open one in Olympia, and they say they're expanding to several more locations in the Seattle area, but it will be several years before they get to Olympia.

I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.


You wouldn't see anything bigotted about it, because you share in it. And it has to do with trump because of MY bigotry. I would bet a good sum that the person who decided to spend time writing this article criticising Chick-Fil-A for a 'creepy infiltration' hates trump as much as you. I may be wrong, but would you bet against me?

No, a lot of people hate trump, that's not a good bet. Why did you bring politics into an article that was totally non-political?

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:12 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4062
Location: Olympia, Washington
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.


You wouldn't see anything bigotted about it, because you share in it. And it has to do with trump because of MY bigotry. I would bet a good sum that the person who decided to spend time writing this article criticising Chick-Fil-A for a 'creepy infiltration' hates trump as much as you. I may be wrong, but would you bet against me?

No, a lot of people hate trump, that's not a good bet. Why did you bring politics into an article that was totally non-political?


Totally non-political? Give me a break. Better yet, run along.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15240
I have nothing against Chick-fil-a other than the fact that their sandwiches are too expensive for what you actually get.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 9831
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob Juch wrote:
I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry.


Then you're about as obtuse as they come.


Bob Juch wrote:
The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.


If that were true then you've played us all.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21789
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry.


Then you're about as obtuse as they come.


Bob Juch wrote:
The only things worse than trump are trump supporters.


If that were true then you've played us all.

That article was completely non-political. Please point out anything otherwise. The same author has also bemoaned Starbucks forcing out other coffee shops.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12571
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
[quote="Bob Juch]I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?[/quote]
The article makes reference to the chain founder's "Christian fundamentalism", support for anti-LGBTQ organizations, etc. Those could be seen as "bigotry".

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 9831
Location: In Texas of course!
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

The article makes reference to the chain founder's "Christian fundamentalism", support for anti-LGBTQ organizations, etc. Those could be seen as "bigotry".


BJ is confused between bigotry and political.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21789
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
BackInTex wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I see nothing in the article that indicates any bigotry unless you consider being against chain restaurants bigotry. How does Chick Fil A have anything to do with trump?

The article makes reference to the chain founder's "Christian fundamentalism", support for anti-LGBTQ organizations, etc. Those could be seen as "bigotry".


BJ is confused between bigotry and political.

I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12571
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
earendel wrote:
The article makes reference to the chain founder's "Christian fundamentalism", support for anti-LGBTQ organizations, etc. Those could be seen as "bigotry".


BJ is confused between bigotry and political.

I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.

Except that the author went out of his way to mention the founder's religion and anti-LGBTQ stance. Those two things weren't necessary if the only reason he didn't like the restaurant was his antipathy toward chain restaurants.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21789
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

BJ is confused between bigotry and political.

I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.

Except that the author went out of his way to mention the founder's religion and anti-LGBTQ stance. Those two things weren't necessary if the only reason he didn't like the restaurant was his antipathy toward chain restaurants.

He was just piling that on. That was less than 1% of the article.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12571
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.

Except that the author went out of his way to mention the founder's religion and anti-LGBTQ stance. Those two things weren't necessary if the only reason he didn't like the restaurant was his antipathy toward chain restaurants.

He was just piling that on. That was less than 1% of the article.

But why mention it at all if it's not germane to the point of his article?

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:15 am 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29533
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I didn't say it was political. The author was complaining about the infiltration of chain restaurants in general and Chick Fil A in particular. That has nothing to do with politics nor bigotry.

Except that the author went out of his way to mention the founder's religion and anti-LGBTQ stance. Those two things weren't necessary if the only reason he didn't like the restaurant was his antipathy toward chain restaurants.

He was just piling that on. That was less than 1% of the article.



You really need to remove that visor so you can see what your hat says...

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21789
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Except that the author went out of his way to mention the founder's religion and anti-LGBTQ stance. Those two things weren't necessary if the only reason he didn't like the restaurant was his antipathy toward chain restaurants.

He was just piling that on. That was less than 1% of the article.

But why mention it at all if it's not germane to the point of his article?

Ask him. I suppose if he were to write again about Starbucks, he'd mention the recent Philadelphia incident.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:24 am 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29533
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
Bob Juch wrote:
earendel wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
He was just piling that on. That was less than 1% of the article.

But why mention it at all if it's not germane to the point of his article?

Ask him. I suppose if he were to write again about Starbucks, he'd mention the recent Philadelphia incident.


The author's judgment isn't being called into question. YOUR judgement ("Why did you bring politics into an article that was totally non-political?") is. Or are you really too dense to realize that?

For the record, I checked back into this thread to blast flock, but you're the one acting like the idiot here...

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 9831
Location: In Texas of course!
littlebeast13 wrote:
For the record, I checked back into this thread to blast flock, but you're the one acting like the idiot here...

lb13


This is where you're wrong. He's not acting.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 am 
Online
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17158
Location: By the phone
Bob Juch wrote:
Why did you bring politics into an article that was totally non-political?
You're being willfully blind. From the article's second paragraph:
Dan Piepenbring wrote:
And yet the brand’s arrival here feels like an infiltration, in no small part because of its pervasive Christian traditionalism. Its headquarters, in Atlanta, are adorned with Bible verses and a statue of Jesus washing a disciple’s feet. Its stores close on Sundays. Its C.E.O., Dan Cathy, has been accused of bigotry for using the company's charitable wing to fund anti-gay causes, including groups that oppose same-sex marriage. “We’re inviting God’s judgment on our nation,” he once said, “when we shake our fist at him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage.’ ” The company has since reaffirmed its intention to “treat every person with honor, dignity and respect,” but it has quietly continued to donate to anti-L.G.B.T. groups. When the first stand-alone New York location opened, in 2015, a throng of protesters appeared. When a location opened in a Queens mall, in 2016, Mayor Bill de Blasio proposed a boycott.
This passage clearly links the theme of the article to the company's politics.

On the merits, my issue with the chain is its political support for intolerance, which the article attributes to the owners' religious views. It may well be right. But I don't blame all Christians for this owner's conduct, any more than I blame all Moslems for the conduct of a few.

I do wonder if people like flock read an article like this as an attack on Christianity in general. And I further wonder if they'd read an analogous article involving Islam as an attack on Islam in general. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I heard two different answers to that question. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 21789
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Why do you people think religion=politics?

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:37 pm
Posts: 7325
Location: South Carolina
Fisked
http://monsterhunternation.com/2018/04/ ... s-chicken/

_________________
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4062
Location: Olympia, Washington
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:


Thank you for finding that. Funny and extremely true.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6277
Location: Montana
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:


Thank you for finding that. Funny and extremely true.



"Hyperbolic assclowns" lol...perfect

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.

Rick Castle is dreamy.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:48 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4062
Location: Olympia, Washington
I expect to see another column by this hyperbolic assclown exposing the institutional racism that is rampant in Starbucks. Can't wait.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob78164, flockofseagulls104, ghostjmf and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.