Trump puts brakes on new Russia sanctions

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Trump puts brakes on new Russia sanctions

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:56 pm

New York Times wrote:Trump puts brakes on new Russia sanctions, walking back Haley’s remarks.

Administration officials said it was unlikely President Trump would approve any additional sanctions without another triggering event by Russia, describing the strategy as in a holding pattern.
His boyfriend must have called.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

Re: Trump puts brakes on new Russia sanctions

#2 Post by jarnon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:27 am

Larry Kudlow apologizes to Nikki Haley over Russia sanctions remark

"With all due respect, I don't get confused," the U.N. ambassador responded to comments made by the director of the National Economic Council.

I've admired Nikki Haley since she took a strong stand on Confederate memorials, and I like the job she's doing at the UN.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 am

jarnon wrote:Larry Kudlow apologizes to Nikki Haley over Russia sanctions remark

"With all due respect, I don't get confused," the U.N. ambassador responded to comments made by the director of the National Economic Council.

I've admired Nikki Haley since she took a strong stand on Confederate memorials, and I like the job she's doing at the UN.
I will agree with you that she's one of the very few members of the current Administration with a fighting chance to emerge with her reputation unsullied, and perhaps even burnished. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am

Bob78164 wrote:
jarnon wrote:Larry Kudlow apologizes to Nikki Haley over Russia sanctions remark

I will agree with you that she's one of the very few members of the current Administration with a fighting chance to emerge with her reputation unsullied, and perhaps even burnished. --Bob
Only if she were to resign and condemn the administration.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.