Charlie Dent announced Tuesday he is resigning soon

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Charlie Dent announced Tuesday he is resigning soon

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Washington (CNN) Pennsylvania GOP Rep. Charlie Dent announced Tuesday he is resigning in the "coming weeks," a decision that came after he first said he'd be retiring at the end of his term in Congress.

The moderate Republican tweeted the decision came after discussions with his family and "careful reflection."

"I am especially proud of the work I have done to give voice to the sensible center in our country that is often overlooked or ignored," he said in the statement. "It is my intention to aggressively advocate for responsible governance and pragmatic solutions in the coming years."
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

Re: Charlie Dent announced Tuesday he is resigning soon

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:08 pm

One of Dent's Republican Pennsylvania colleagues didn't want to wait that long. Patrick Meehan is resigning immediately over allegations that he used taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment suit against him. Silly man, he should have realized you can only do that if you're the President. The redrawn district that he represents was likely to go Democratic anyway this fall.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 558611002/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:One of Dent's Republican Pennsylvania colleagues didn't want to wait that long. Patrick Meehan is resigning immediately over allegations that he used taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment suit against him. Silly man, he should have realized you can only do that if you're the President. The redrawn district that he represents was likely to go Democratic anyway this fall.

Bill Clinton used taxpayer money?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:56 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:One of Dent's Republican Pennsylvania colleagues didn't want to wait that long. Patrick Meehan is resigning immediately over allegations that he used taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment suit against him. Silly man, he should have realized you can only do that if you're the President. The redrawn district that he represents was likely to go Democratic anyway this fall.

Bill Clinton used taxpayer money?
If he did, he should resign immediately!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:27 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Patrick Meehan is resigning immediately over allegations that he used taxpayer money to settle a sexual harassment suit against him.
According to Pennsylvania law, Gov. Wolf must now schedule a special election to replace Meehan. To make it more ridiculous, it will be in the old 7th district, even though it takes place after the primary in the new 5th district. Meehan is paying back the settlement paid to his "soulmate." I wish he'd also pay for the special election, as Texas Gov. Abbott wants Farenthold to do. He should also pay for the damage he's inflicted on the reputation of Pennsylvania politicians, except that reputation is already worthless.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:05 am

Bucky Dent retired a long time ago.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton