RIP Barbara Bush

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Barbara Bush

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:57 pm

Time wrote:Barbara Bush, the beloved wife and mother of two former presidents, died at the age of 92 on Tuesday.

The former First Lady and former President George H.W. Bush had the longest-lasting marriage in presidential history – 73 years. As the Bush family matriarch, Barbara Bush dropped out of college to follow her childhood sweetheart – and kept following as he went from the House of Representatives to the United Nations, the Central Intelligence Agency, the office of Vice President and, finally, the White House.

Her son George W. Bush became the 43rd President of the United States, while another son, Jeb Bush, served as governor of Florida and unsuccessfully sought the presidency in 2016. In total, she had 6 children and 14 grandchildren.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: RIP Barbara Bush

#2 Post by Estonut » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Time wrote:Barbara Bush, the beloved wife and mother of two former presidents, died at the age of 92 on Tuesday.
They've had this in the can for, what, 20 years and that's the clearest sentence they can open with?

RIP, Barbara.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Yahoo wrote:Trump political consigliere Roger Stone unloaded on Barbara Bush in an Instagram post on Tuesday evening just hours after her death. There, Stone wrote that the former first lady was a “nasty drunk” and posted a quote from him suggesting that if you lit her body on fire it would “burn for three days.”

“Barbara Bush was a nasty drunk. When it came to drinking she made Betty Ford look like Carrie Nation #blottoBabs,” said Stone. “Barbara Bush drank so much booze, if they cremated her … her body would burn for three days.”
:evil:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#4 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Yahoo wrote:Trump political consigliere Roger Stone unloaded on Barbara Bush in an Instagram post on Tuesday evening just hours after her death. There, Stone wrote that the former first lady was a “nasty drunk” and posted a quote from him suggesting that if you lit her body on fire it would “burn for three days.”

“Barbara Bush was a nasty drunk. When it came to drinking she made Betty Ford look like Carrie Nation #blottoBabs,” said Stone. “Barbara Bush drank so much booze, if they cremated her … her body would burn for three days.”
You somehow missed this one:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3940838
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:35 pm

Nasty piece of work. Your choice as to whom I refer.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:48 pm

By all accounts from those who knew her, Barbara Bush was an anachronism in the world of politics. A truly nice, classy and graceful person. RIP.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

No, I didn't.

flockofseagulls104

#8 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: :evil:

No, I didn't.
somehow you only seemed to be outraged by and decided we all needed to know about the disgusting behavior by someone nebulously related to trump. typical.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Yahoo wrote:Trump political consigliere Roger Stone unloaded on Barbara Bush in an Instagram post on Tuesday evening just hours after her death. . . .
And why did you choose to amplify his yammering? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#10 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Yahoo wrote:Trump political consigliere Roger Stone unloaded on Barbara Bush in an Instagram post on Tuesday evening just hours after her death. . . .
I think what he did was just as disrespectful as what Stone and Randa did. Look, we all KNOW you hate trump. That includes you, bob-tel. We do not need you to remind us of that fact time after time, especially in an RIP thread for a woman who was above the fray.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
I think what he did was just as disrespectful as what Stone and Randa did. Look, we all KNOW you hate trump. That includes you, bob-tel. We do not need you to remind us of that fact time after time, especially in an RIP thread for a woman who was above the fray.
You do realize that my question was directed to Bob Juch, not to you . . . . --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#12 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:17 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
I actually salute you for this, Bob#.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#13 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:And why did you choose to amplify his yammering? --Bob
You do realize that my question was directed to Bob Juch, not to you . . . . --Bob
No, I didn't. My mistake.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#14 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Thanks, but no salute is necessary. You can send thanks to the Beto O'Rourke campaign committee. 8) --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#15 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:And why did you choose to amplify his yammering? --Bob
Thanks, but no salute is necessary. You can send thanks to the Beto O'Rourke campaign committee. 8) --Bob
That made me laugh. Derisively, of course, but a laugh is a laugh!
Well, then

Pastor Fireball

#16 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

Given the track record of everybody else associated with Drumpf's glass house, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Roger Stone's own mother is/was a raging alcoholic and he's projecting his mommy issues onto Mrs. Bush.

I didn't agree with Mrs. Bush's politics, but she had something that Drumpf supporters will never have: class and grace.

Godspeed, Barbara. :(
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Pastor Fireball wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Given the track record of everybody else associated with Drumpf's glass house, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Roger Stone's own mother is/was a raging alcoholic and he's projecting his mommy issues onto Mrs. Bush.

I didn't agree with Mrs. Bush's politics, but she had something that Drumpf supporters will never have: class and grace.

Godspeed, Barbara. :(
Whoops, there goes another hyperbolic assclown.

Vandal
Director of Promos

#18 Post by Vandal » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:32 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Oswald Bates
Merry Man

#19 Post by Oswald Bates » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:09 am

I will never forget the constipation and incubation of Mrs. Bush's liturgical works that helped redefine the lobotomy of my life...

Booked on Phonics worked for me, and I do mean that prophylactically!

Vandal
Director of Promos

#20 Post by Vandal » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 pm

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#21 Post by BackInTex » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 am

This video is pretty cool. My Alma Mater. Not many schools could pull this off on such short notice. Both sides of the road lined with saluting cadets. The funeral also coincided with one of the most revered days at A&M, Aggie Muster, where at a formal ceremony, every Aggie that died in the passed year is honored by having their name called and someone in the audience answers "Here!" for them.

Texas A&M Corps of Cadets lining the road up to the Bush Library (take by Jeb, Jr.)

The funeral also coincided with one of the most revered days at A&M, Aggie Muster, where at a formal ceremonies, every Aggie that died in the passed year is honored by having their name called and someone in the audience answers "Here!" for them. Muster ceremonies are held worldwide where local chapters honor those who died locally.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson