RIP Avicci

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

RIP Avicci

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Swedish DJ/music producer who scored several big hits (and Boneys) a couple of years ago, notably "Wake Me Up" in 2012, "Hey Brother" in 2013 and "Waiting for Love", #27 on my Boneys list for 2015, which was a chart hit apparently everywhere except the U.S.

He announced his retirement from live appearances a couple of years ago, citing health issues. He was only 28.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... ign=180420
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Ritterskoop

Re: RIP Avicci

#2 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:48 pm

For only an instant, this is who I thought of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3SKMRExoVQ
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:29 am

T_Bone0806 wrote:Swedish DJ/music producer who scored several big hits (and Boneys) a couple of years ago, notably "Wake Me Up" in 2012, "Hey Brother" in 2013 and "Waiting for Love", #27 on my Boneys list for 2015, which was a chart hit apparently everywhere except the U.S.

He announced his retirement from live appearances a couple of years ago, citing health issues. He was only 28.

Someone at Mecca appreciated his work, since all three of those songs are Mecca Radio staples. I am particularly fond of "Waiting For Love"...

I had no idea how old he was, but when I first saw this, I figured maybe he was a late bloomer. Apparently not. Sad....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:18 pm

In case it ever comes up on, say, a trivia game, he spelled his name Avicii.

I can't say that his music ever did much for me, but a death so young is a damn shame. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:51 am

Bob78164 wrote:In case it ever comes up on, say, a trivia game, he spelled his name Avicii.

I can't say that his music ever did much for me, but a death so young is a damn shame. --Bob
It came up last at trivia, in fact.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire