Friday's Jeopardy!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
VAdame

Friday's Jeopardy!

#1 Post by VAdame » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 pm

Watch tomorrow and be sure to root for this guy!

My baby brother Tom :D

And no, he hasn't told any of us how he did yet.

BackInTex

Re: Friday's Jeopardy!

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 am

Go Tom!
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:47 am

Break a retroactive leg, Tom!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:55 am

Which one is Tom?
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

MarkBarrett

#5 Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:24 am

I've seen the game and sent the summary information to The Jeopardy! Fan who will probably post it soon along with the FJ! clue which is there already: https://thejeopardyfan.com/2018/04/fina ... -2018.html

VAdame

#6 Post by VAdame » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:34 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:I've seen the game and sent the summary information to The Jeopardy! Fan who will probably post it soon along with the FJ! clue which is there already: https://thejeopardyfan.com/2018/04/fina ... -2018.html
Oops, don't spoiler it for us! No way am I clicking on that link :shock:
silverscreenselect wrote:Which one is Tom?
My brother, Tom McGinnis.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:04 pm

I hope it’s now late enough to say that
Spoiler
I’m sorry he didn’t win but I hope he had a great time.
. —Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

VAdame

#8 Post by VAdame » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Thanks, Bob -- he did indeed! That Final J was a killer!

He said as soon as they revealed Alexandra's answer, he realized of course that she was right. It's a knowable trivium, but you either know it or you don't. Tom didn't -- nor did any of us! I saw "Camel" in the place name & instead of "CameLOT," my brain went to the Middle East, and I was thinking Scheherazade! Our brother Jim went with Pandora (figuring the box might have been big enough to count as furniture.) Tom was thinking of the Spinning Wheel.

Tom said all his fellow contestants were adorable and you kind of wish no one had to lose! He just regretted not guessing on his DD. He knew the Constitution was Old Ironsides but didn't know there was a poem about it. He should have run the Luther category (he's a former seminary student!) -- but that Nice Jewish Girl on the end was just faster on the buzzer!

The bow tie wasn't a Carnegie Mellon tartan, but similar. Our Dad wore a Carnegie TECH (now CMU) tartan tie every day of his life. He was Class of 1949. High school Class of 1939 -- a little thing called World War II in between! I think Dad is smiling in Heaven, proud of his son -- as are all of us :D

Now......about our brother Jim (mentioned above)......keep watching Jeopardy, because HIS show will air in July! Go, Jim! (Hey, at least now we know they won't be up against each other in the TOC!) :lol: