WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4278
Tyrone Kelley
Henderson, NV

$500
According to a common saying, the least important person in a group is the "low man on the" what?
A: Totem pole B: Telephone pole
C: Ski pole D: Stripper pole

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Totem pole

$1000
With 2017 looking a lot like 1997, InStyle's U.K. website lists all but which of these as some of the many "'90s Trends That Made a Comeback"?
A: Doc Martens B: Big, blown-out hair
C: Top hats D: Flannel

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Top hats

$2,000
Fittingly, an etching of an electric guitar appears on the tombstone of which of these music legends?
A: Jim Morrison B: Miles Davis
C: Jimi Hendrix D: Ray Charles

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Jimi Hendrix

$3,000
Which of these brands is NOT represented by a mascot from the leporidae family of mammals?
A: Trix B: Nesquik
C: Energizer D: Aflac

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Aflac

$5,000
Considered by many the sport's "holy grail," in 2017 what time barrier for running a marathon did Kenyan Eliud Kipchoge miss breaking by just 25 seconds?
A: 1 hour B: 2 hours
C: 3 hours D: 4 hours

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: 2 hours

$7,000
The kitschy song used as the theme of an old Canadian game show called "Definition" was played over the opening credits of all 3 films in which franchise?
A: American Pie B: Beverly Hills Cop
C: Austin Powers D: The Hangover

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Austin Powers

First commercial break

$10,000
With the recent passing of Frances Carr, Maine residents Arnold Hadd (60) and June Carpenter (78) are now the last two surviving members of what religious order?
A: Christian Scientists B: Shakers
C: Mennonites D: Franciscans

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Shakers

$20,000
What does the "scotch" in the game of hopscotch refer to?
A: The stone you throw B: The lines you jump
C: The numbers in the squares D: The sidewalk

[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
A: 15% B: 69% C: 8% D: 8%

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: The lines you jump

Second commercial break

$30,000
All of these celebrities were once married to women significantly older than they are. Who's the only one whose wife was NOT more than 10 years older than him?
A: Ashton Kutcher B: Nick Cannon
C: Guy Ritchie D: Tom Cruise

[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
Tyrone’s +1 is his cousin. She explains that Ashton was married to Demi Moore, Nick was married to Mariah Carey, Guy was married to Madonna, and Tom was married to Nicole Kidman. Both of them believe Nicole and Tom were less than 10 years apart.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Tom Cruise
According to Chris, it was Tom's first wife, Mimi Rogers who was only ~6.5 years older than him.

$50,000
If you win the top prize on our show, you might feel right at home in which state that a study in the WSJ found has the highest percentage of millionaires?
A: California B: Utah
C: Maryland D: New York

[Reveal] Spoiler: 50/50
50/50 leaves B & C.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
Tyrone guesses Utah
The correct answer is C: Maryland
Tyrone wins $5,000

Third commercial break
QotD wrote:
Before becoming a well-known actor, Chuck Norris gave martial arts lessons to what black belt-ranked game show host?
A: Bob Barker B: Alex Trebek
C: Pat Sajak D: Steve Harvey

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Bob Barker


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6995
7K: Only one choice has a Canadian producing the trio of films

30K: Dunno who Cannon is, but Kidman not that much older than Cruise.

50K: Maryland famous as haven from being taxed


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12546
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Tyrone Kelley
Henderson, NV


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$30,000
All of these celebrities were once married to women significantly older than they are. Who's the only one whose wife was NOT more than 10 years older than him?
A: Ashton Kutcher B: Nick Cannon
C: Guy Ritchie D: Tom Cruise
[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
Tyrone’s +1 is his cousin. She explains that Ashton was married to Demi Moore, Nick was married to Mariah Carey, Guy was married to Madonna, and Tom was married to Nicole Kidman. Both of them believe Nicole and Tom were less than 10 years apart.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Tom Cruise
According to Chris, it was Tom's first wife, Mimi Rogers who was only ~6.5 years older than him.

I hope the audience knows this, because I don't.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:32 am 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9010
Location: Garden Grove, CA
ghostjmf wrote:
30K: Dunno who Cannon is, but Kidman not that much older than Cruise.
She's 5 years younger than him.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:38 am
Posts: 467
$50,000
If you win the top prize on our show, you might feel right at home in which state that a study in the WSJ found has the highest percentage of millionaires?
A: California B: Utah
C: Maryland D: New York

This is a really bad question--what does highest percentage of millionaires mean?

# of millionaires in the state / total residents of the state?

or

# of millionaires in the US, the most of them live in which of these states?

I know I would've asked for clarification, and I wonder what would've happened.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12546
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Tyrone Kelley
Henderson, NV


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$30,000
All of these celebrities were once married to women significantly older than they are. Who's the only one whose wife was NOT more than 10 years older than him?
A: Ashton Kutcher B: Nick Cannon
C: Guy Ritchie D: Tom Cruise

[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
Tyrone’s +1 is his cousin. She explains that Ashton was married to Demi Moore, Nick was married to Mariah Carey, Guy was married to Madonna, and Tom was married to Nicole Kidman. Both of them believe Nicole and Tom were less than 10 years apart.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Tom Cruise
According to Chris, it was Tom's first wife, Mimi Rogers who was only ~6.5 years older than him.

I'd be using lifelines on this one.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.