Learned League?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mrkelley23

Learned League?

#1 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Anyone know what's going on?
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

MarkBarrett

Re: Learned League?

#2 Post by MarkBarrett » Sun May 06, 2018 8:00 am

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:03 am

wowsers. I can pretend I'm first for awhile. Wonder who the host co is.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Do you think credit card info should be changed because of this?
Well, then

mrkelley23

#5 Post by mrkelley23 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Yikes. Beebs, I don't know the answer to your question, but if Thorsten's data company is being honest with him, all that info was lost, not stolen or compromised. It can't hurt to be too careful, though. Depends on how much of a hassle it would be for you.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Mon May 07, 2018 6:31 am

mrkelley23 wrote:Yikes. Beebs, I don't know the answer to your question, but if Thorsten's data company is being honest with him, all that info was lost, not stolen or compromised. It can't hurt to be too careful, though. Depends on how much of a hassle it would be for you.
I was thinking loss vs breach, too, so eh for now. It is a hassle to change.
Well, then

MarkBarrett

#7 Post by MarkBarrett » Mon May 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Thorsten posted an update:

Monday, May 7, 2:31pm PT
So, how was your weekend? I returned home from the emergency room of Seattle Children's Hospital at about 5:00am on Saturday morning with my son (he's fine now) to find that the LL website was down, with an odd reticence from my hosting provider. And 12 hours (and zero sleep) after that, I got a call from the webhost telling me that in fact the LL website and all of its contents no longer exist! Elton was wrong -- Saturday night's alright for crying, is what I say.

Enough about me. The restoration process is coming along, and in fact the big majority of the site and data is already restored. For now I'll stick to the two week hiatus plan, though that might less conservative than I originally thought. There is some data loss, some of which can be re-created/re-populated (the LLama-hosted podcasts and events sections), some of which cannot (about the last year's worth of message board posts) and some which is a little of both (some custom flags and password changes, 1DS testing feedback and draft questions). However, as it appears right now, I do not believe any actual match results and data (for LLs, MLs, and 1DSs) is lost. Nothing "Core-LL" as it were. I will provide a full inventory of changes and also instructions when we return live (a universal and unrestricted Flag Amnesty is almost certain).

In the meantime, thanks again for your understanding.

-Thorsten