WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 pm 
Offline
Keeper of the Transcripts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 am
Posts: 4276
Chris Lastrapes (BB clastrapes)
Sherman Oaks, Cal.

$500
As a cheap and easy way to clean your garbage disposal blades, Roto-Rooter recommends grinding up which of the following?
A: Diamonds B: $100 bills
C: Ice cubes D: Antique end tables

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Ice cubes


$1,000
The “C” in Washington, D.C. stands for “Columbia,” a poetic name for America. Where does the name “Columbia” come from?
A: Christoper Columbus B: Columbia Pictures
C: ’70s TV detective “Columbo” D: Colombian drug lords

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Christoper Columbus


$2,000
In late 2016, what legendary Hollywood star passed away just one day after her daughter, the acclaimed actress and author Carrie Fisher?
A: Lauren Bacall B: Debbie Reynolds
C: Elizabeth Taylor D: Janet Leigh

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Debbie Reynolds


Commercial break

$3,000
Which is neither a term for an employee retirement plan, nor a type of HDTV, NOR a common running race distance equal to 6.2 miles?
A: 4K B: 10K
C: Y2K D: 401(k)

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
C: Y2K


$5,000
Trendy diners may just now be warming up to poke, but the raw fish dish has been a mainstay for decades in what U.S. state?
A: Alaska B: Maine
C: Florida D: Hawaii

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: Hawaii


$7,000
Jim Carrey reportedly became the first actor to sign a $20 million contract for a film when he starred opposite Matthew Broderick in what 1996 movie?
A: Dumb and Dumber B: Liar Liar
C: Batman Forever D: The Cable Guy

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: The Cable Guy


$10,000
On Forbes’ 2016 list of the 10 richest Americans, what last name appears twice?
A: Gates B: Koch
C: Bloomberg D: Mars

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Koch


$20,000
Becoming an independent nation in 1990, Namibia once went by what name, which also helpfully referred to where it is on the continent?
A: North East Africa B: North West Africa
C: South East Africa D: South West Africa

[Reveal] Spoiler: 50/50
50/50 leaves South East Africa and South West Africa, the two Chris was thinking of.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: South West Africa


Commercial break

$30,000
“Recto” and “verso” are specific terms that commonly refer to which of the following?
A: The two ends of a pencil B: A person’s left and right foot
C: The inside and outside of a wedding ring D: The front and back of a page in a book

[Reveal] Spoiler: ATA
Chris says many Italian words are used in publishing.
A: 5% B: 5% C: 9% D: 81%


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
D: The front and back of a page in a book


Commercial break

QotD
What musical duo first met in West Philadelphia — in an elevator they both took cover in to escape gunfire from a gang fight?
A: Hall & Oates B: Simon & Garfunkel
C: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis D: The White Stripes

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
A: Hall & Oates


$50,000
Sparking a public outcry, what president briefly forbade “In God We Trust” from appearing on coins, fearing that overuse cheapened the phrase?
A: Harry Truman B: Theodore Roosevelt
C: Andrew Jackson D: Lyndon Johnson

[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
+1 Hunter has no idea. Chris takes the money and runs.


[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Theodore Roosevelt
Chris wins $30,000.


Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Wed May 09, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 6991
7K: ATA

20K: Knew it was west but thought it was northwest. Hope I'd 50/50.

30K: right & left are dextro & levo. Think book but +1

50K: Agree w/ contestant that Jackson too early. Have ATA so use it, but leave. Was guessing Teddy but never would have gone with.


Last edited by ghostjmf on Thu May 10, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm
Posts: 3
ghostjmf wrote:
7K,: ATA

20K: Knew it was west but thought it was northwest. Hope I'd 50/50.

30K: right & left are dextro & levo. Think book but +1

50K: Agree w/ contestant that Jackson too early. Have ATA so use it, but leave. Was guessing Teddy but never would have gone with.


Phew! Glad I wasn't alone!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4019
Location: Merion, Pa.
Welcome aBored, Chris!

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$2,000
In late 2016, what legendary Hollywood star passed away just one day after her daughter, the acclaimed actress and author Carrie Fisher?
A: Lauren Bacall B: Debbie Reynolds
C: Elizabeth Taylor D: Janet Leigh

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Debbie Reynolds
I wonder if the question writers deliberately picked actresses who were Jewish or married to Jews.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm
Posts: 3
jarnon wrote:
Welcome aBored, Chris!


Thank you! Glad to be on Bored!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:23 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 16927
Location: By the phone
clastrapes wrote:
ghostjmf wrote:
7K,: ATA

20K: Knew it was west but thought it was northwest. Hope I'd 50/50.

30K: right & left are dextro & levo. Think book but +1

50K: Agree w/ contestant that Jackson too early. Have ATA so use it, but leave. Was guessing Teddy but never would have gone with.


Phew! Glad I wasn't alone!
Welcome aBored! --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 12545
Location: mired in the bureaucracy
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Chris Lastrapes (BB clastrapes)
Sherman Oaks, Cal.


BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$50,000
Sparking a public outcry, what president briefly forbade “In God We Trust” from appearing on coins, fearing that overuse cheapened the phrase?
A: Harry Truman B: Theodore Roosevelt
C: Andrew Jackson D: Lyndon Johnson
[Reveal] Spoiler: +1
+1 Hunter has no idea. Chris takes the money and runs.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Answer
B: Theodore Roosevelt
Chris wins $30,000.

Nice run, Chris.

_________________
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 pm
Posts: 3
earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Chris Lastrapes (BB clastrapes)
Sherman Oaks, Cal.


Nice run, Chris.


Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.