Melania hosts military wives.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: Melania hosts military wives.

#101 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You keep on trying to give Donny the benefit of the doubt when he's proved, time and time again, that he doesn't deserve it. From his description of all Mexicans as "rapists" to his references to "shithole" countries to his demonization of the entire Islam faith to the racial prejudice he engaged in at the very first stages of his career, Donny's words and actions have clearly demonstrated that he will be as racist as he thinks he can get away with. If it were someone with a different history, I might be inclined to give that person the benefit of the doubt. But Donny's words and deeds have convinced me that he really does think of all foreigners (with the probable exception of white Europeans) as "animals." --Bob
Bob, where did Trump every refer to all Mexicans as "rapists"? Please provide a transcript (video would be better).
I stand corrected. His precise quote (referring to Mexican immigrants) was: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” Really not any better to characterize Mexican immigrants as drug-using criminal rapists except for some who, he assumes, are good people. Donny was less qualified about complimenting neo-Nazis as "very fine people."

In my experience, people who talk and act the way Donny has have invariably proved to be racist. Do you have a different experience? --Bob
If I may interject, what is your definition of a 'racist', bob-tel? And give me a list of people who have been proved to be racist, please, so I can compare how they talk and act.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#102 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:13 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I stand corrected. His precise quote (referring to Mexican immigrants) was: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” Really not any better to characterize Mexican immigrants as drug-using criminal rapists except for some who, he assumes, are good people. Donny was less qualified about complimenting neo-Nazis as "very fine people."

In my experience, people who talk and act the way Donny has have invariably proved to be racist. Do you have a different experience? --Bob
Do you have a link to verify that quote? I'm thinking it is out of context, that there was much said before your quote to give it context.
It came from the speech in which he announced his candidacy. I've linked the full transcript.

You haven't answered my question, so I'll repeat it. In my experience, people who have spoken and acted the way Donny has have invariably proven to be racist. Do you have a different experience? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#103 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:21 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I stand corrected. His precise quote (referring to Mexican immigrants) was: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” Really not any better to characterize Mexican immigrants as drug-using criminal rapists except for some who, he assumes, are good people. Donny was less qualified about complimenting neo-Nazis as "very fine people."

Do you have a link to verify that quote? I'm thinking it is out of context, that there was much said before your quote to give it context.
The Bobs and SSS prove more and more every day you just can't fix willful stupidity. I'm kind of okay with that, since it's my opinion the continued insistence on rabid, knee-jerk bashing of everything the man does and says will only help us in November. There are those on the left who are beginning to see it, but they're mostly shouted down by the rabid knee-jerks.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#104 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:24 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

The Bobs and SSS prove more and more every day you just can't fix willful stupidity. I'm kind of okay with that, since it's my opinion the continued insistence on rabid, knee-jerk bashing of everything the man does and says will only help us in November. There are those on the left who are beginning to see it, but they're mostly shouted down by the rabid knee-jerks.
I'll ask you the same question no one else seems to want to answer. In my experience, people who talk and act the way Donny has have invariably proven to be racists. Has your experience been different? Do you know people who talk and act the way Donny has done who were not racists? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#105 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
I'll ask you the same question no one else seems to want to answer. In my experience, people who talk and act the way Donny has have invariably proven to be racists. Has your experience been different? Do you know people who talk and act the way Donny has done who were not racists? --Bob
The way he actually speaks, or the way you claim he speaks? He did not "mock a reporter for his disability" he did not say he grabs women by the pu**y, he did not say Mexicans are all rapists, nor did he say illegals are animals. Context matters, whether you want it to or not. I do not believe our president is a racist. I know people who I believe to be racist, and some of them act far more like you and SSS than they do our president.

I'll add this: I find it interesting that those calling our president and his supporters 'racist' almost invariably, when talking about illegal immigrants, like to say, "who is going to scrub our toilets?; who is going to pick our crops?" I didn't notice you worrying you might miss out on your next, brightest intern if illegal immigration is stemmed. But the right is full of bigots. Right.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#106 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:45 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
The way he actually speaks, or the way you claim he speaks? He did not "mock a reporter for his disability" he did not say he grabs women by the pu**y, he did not say Mexicans are all rapists, nor did he say illegals are animals. Context matters, whether you want it to or not. I do not believe our president is a racist. I know people who I believe to be racist, and some of them act far more like you and SSS than they do our president.
Deny the facts all you want, but we all saw the video of Donny mocking a reporter for his physical disability. We all heard Donny brag (falsely or not) about his ability to use his celebrity to get away with grabbing women by the pussy, which at a minimum tells us he thinks this is something worth bragging about. We all heard Donny describe Mexican immigrants, in general, as drug dealers, criminals, and rapists, when in fact Mexican immigrants obey the law at a higher rate than do citizens. Donny acts like a cartoon version of an unrepentant Archie Bunker. But unfortunately he's not just a television character. He has the power to make real decisions that harm the lives of real people, and he's been doing his best to act upon his racism. I'll be doing my level best this year to install a Congress that will stop him, and in 2020 to get him fired. --Bob

tlynn78

#107 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'll ask you the same question no one else seems to want to answer. In my experience, people who talk and act the way Donny has have invariably proven to be racists. Has your experience been different? Do you know people who talk and act the way Donny has done who were not racists? --Bob
Deny the facts all you want, but we all saw the video of Donny mocking a reporter for his physical disability. We all heard Donny brag (falsely or not) about his ability to use his celebrity to get away with grabbing women by the pussy, which at a minimum tells us he thinks this is something worth bragging about. We all heard Donny describe Mexican immigrants, in general, as drug dealers, criminals, and rapists, when in fact Mexican immigrants obey the law at a higher rate than do citizens. Donny acts like a cartoon version of an unrepentant Archie Bunker. But unfortunately he's not just a television character. He has the power to make real decisions that harm the lives of real people, and he's been doing his best to act upon his racism. I'll be doing my level best this year to install a Congress that will stop him, and in 2020 to get him fired. --Bob
And you can make all the false claims you want; it doesn't make them true. You do you, boo.

flockofseagulls104

#108 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'll ask you the same question no one else seems to want to answer. In my experience, people who talk and act the way Donny has have invariably proven to be racists. Has your experience been different? Do you know people who talk and act the way Donny has done who were not racists? --Bob
I guess then we should call you Meathead?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#109 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:01 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
And you can make all the false claims you want; it doesn't make them true. You do you, boo.
I guess we need to go back to the video.

Here's the Washington Post's detailed takedown of Donny's after-the-fact denials (given Four Pinocchios), complete with video. --Bob

tlynn78

#110 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Here's the Washington Post's detailed takedown of Donny's after-the-fact denials (given Four Pinocchios), complete with video. --Bob
Oh, he mocked the guy, but for being stupid, not for being disabled. And WaPo. HAHAHA!! Bless yer heart.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#111 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:30 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Oh, he mocked the guy, but for being stupid, not for being disabled. And WaPo. HAHAHA!! Bless yer heart.
The video clearly shows that he mocked the guy's physical mannerisms, which are a result of his disability. What facts to you think the Washington Post fact check got wrong? (Spoiler alert: She won't be able to point to any because they didn't.) --Bob

tlynn78

#112 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
The video clearly shows that he mocked the guy's physical mannerisms, which are a result of his disability. What facts to you think the Washington Post fact check got wrong? (Spoiler alert: She won't be able to point to any because they didn't.) --Bob
His disability actually completely prohibits him from making the "physical mannerisms" our president used, but nice try, I know facts are hard for you. And WaPo has had to walk back more than one story and has been chastised more than once for getting things wrong; a simple google of "WaPo walks back" will help you out there.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#113 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:44 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
His disability actually completely prohibits him from making the "physical mannerisms" our president used, but nice try, I know facts are hard for you. And WaPo has had to walk back more than one story and has been chastised more than once for getting things wrong; a simple google of "WaPo walks back" will help you out there.
You're saying that Donny wasn't mocking the reporter because his physical imitation of the disabilities was imprecise? That's an argument only a politician could make. No capable lawyer would risk his or her credibility in front of a judge or jury making that argument.

And you have avoided answering my question. What facts did the Washington Post get wrong in this story? (Spoiler alert: She won't be able to point to any because they didn't.) --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#114 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The video clearly shows that he mocked the guy's physical mannerisms, which are a result of his disability. What facts to you think the Washington Post fact check got wrong? (Spoiler alert: She won't be able to point to any because they didn't.) --Bob
You're saying that Donny wasn't mocking the reporter because his physical imitation of the disabilities was imprecise? That's an argument only a politician could make. No capable lawyer would risk his or her credibility in front of a judge or jury making that argument.

And you have avoided answering my question. What facts did the Washington Post get wrong in this story? (Spoiler alert: She won't be able to point to any because they didn't.) --Bob
You always demand answers to your questions. My answer is that they probably got no facts wrong, but they were nevertheless wrong because he was mocking his stupidity, not his disability. Do you have any 'facts' to disprove my opinion?

So, answer my questions. What is your definition of racism and give me a list of people that have proved to be racist.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#115 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

You always demand answers to your questions. My answer is that they probably got no facts wrong, but they were nevertheless wrong because he was mocking his stupidity, not his disability. Do you have any 'facts' to disprove my opinion?

So, answer my questions. What is your definition of racism and give me a list of people that have proved to be racist.
Racism is treating people differently because of their race. I'm talking about people in my life, whom you wouldn't know and whom I wouldn't identify publicly in any event. What I have to say to them, I say directly to their face. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#116 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You're saying that Donny wasn't mocking the reporter because his physical imitation of the disabilities was imprecise? That's an argument only a politician could make. No capable lawyer would risk his or her credibility in front of a judge or jury making that argument.

Racism is treating people differently because of their race. I'm talking about people in my life, whom you wouldn't know and whom I wouldn't identify publicly in any event. What I have to say to them, I say directly to their face. --Bob
'Treating people differently' is a very vague idea.
Here's the google dictionary definition: 'prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.'

Now I will agree that trump is a jerk and a loudmouth and he is not precise in his choice of words, but can you give me one instance where he has indicated that he thinks white people are superior to any other race of people? And I mean factually, not based on your opinion.

tlynn78

#117 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
The video clearly shows the same motions our president has used multiple times in the past when relating instances of other individuals (without apparent disabilities) getting things wrong. You see what youwant to see, which is colored by your personal feelings towards President Trump. I never said WaPo got any facts wrong in that particular article; I did't bother reading it. That's called <you> assuming facts not in evidence.

flockofseagulls104

#118 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:40 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:You're saying that Donny wasn't mocking the reporter because his physical imitation of the disabilities was imprecise? That's an argument only a politician could make. No capable lawyer would risk his or her credibility in front of a judge or jury making that argument.

Well, I don't and can't know how these people that you say have proved to be racists resemble trump, because I don't know them. But YOU say they've been proved to be racists. How so, bob-tel? The same way that Assshole proved me to be racist?
Excuse me for being a bit skeptical. You seem to be a very opinionated person, and often seem to confuse your opinions with facts. And your definition of 'racist' is very subjective, it seems to me. I think you should sit down and give it even more thought.

silverscreenselect

#119 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu May 17, 2018 11:02 pm

tlynn78 wrote:. You see what youwant to see, which is colored by your personal feelings towards President Trump.
If this were one isolated incident, I might agree with you. But with Trump, we have example after example, going back decades, of outrageous statements and behavior, following which right wing apologists come up with various explanations that "demonstrate" their was no bigoted intent. How many times can you explain away things that were said or done by Trump without any qualification or explanation?

What makes this especially galling is the fact that right wingers have been very quick to seize on one isolated comment from Obama ("guns and God") or Hillary ("basket of deplorables"), both of which comments were taken out of context, and bring those single comments up again ad infinitum as proof that Democrats or left wingers hate Republicans and refuse to listen to any explanations that are offered, while at the same time excusing and explaining away Trump's comments over and over and over and over again.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#120 Post by tlynn78 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:. You see what youwant to see, which is colored by your personal feelings towards President Trump.
If this were one isolated incident, I might agree with you. But with Trump, we have example after example, going back decades, of outrageous statements and behavior, following which right wing apologists come up with various explanations that "demonstrate" their was no bigoted intent. How many times can you explain away things that were said or done by Trump without any qualification or explanation?

What makes this especially galling is the fact that right wingers have been very quick to seize on one isolated comment from Obama ("guns and God") or Hillary ("basket of deplorables"), both of which comments were taken out of context, and bring those single comments up again ad infinitum as proof that Democrats or left wingers hate Republicans and refuse to listen to any explanations that are offered, while at the same time excusing and explaining away Trump's comments over and over and over and over again.
Those I know and know of personally, aren't friends with people of color; don't hire people of color (except to clean their toilets and/or pick their crops); and have never received accolades such as the Ellis Island Award. I'm sure yours is "in the mail." What truly 'galls' you is that he beat your girl Hilz. The only reason people still attempt to explain Trump's comments is because people like you and Bob insist on lying about them, including those made years ago. I don't live in the past; I suggest you try to move on, as well.

flockofseagulls104

#121 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:19 am

Well, if we want to talk about things not being isolated incidents, let's talk about the Main Stream Media. The latest example is the 'controversy' you brought up. They have gone bonkers claiming trump called all immigrants 'animals' when he clearly was referring to a segment of ILLEGAL immigrants who are MS-13 members or violent criminals, who ARE animals. If that were an isolated incident, I might be inclined to ascribe it to an error. But this is just the latest of hundreds of accusations against trump by supposed NEWS organizations. Not only that, they don't even bother to correct their mistakes, as I documented about the 'Look what happened in Sweden' quote. I still see that listed in 'lies by trump' lists.

The only two explanations for these kinds of things are that the 'reporter' is either biased, or they are incompetent, and should not be relied upon to give reliable information to the public. These two explanations also apply to other 'news' outlets that pick these out of context attacks and disseminate them.
After more than a year of seeing these blatant attacks or displays of incompetence by the MSM, can we, the public, be blamed for not believing anything that's reported about trump? Can we be blamed for agreeing with trump when he calls the MSM out and labels them as disseminating Fake News?

We could also talk about the further comments on this issue by Nancy Pelosi, but that's another issue, and it's to be expected.

http://www.creativeminorityreport.com/2 ... nt-he.html

silverscreenselect

#122 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Well, if we want to talk about things not being isolated incidents, let's talk about the Main Stream Media. The latest example is the 'controversy' you brought up. They have gone bonkers claiming trump called all immigrants 'animals' when he clearly was referring to a segment of ILLEGAL immigrants who are MS-13 members or violent criminals, who ARE animals.After more than a year of seeing these blatant attacks or displays of incompetence by the MSM, can we, the public, be blamed for not believing anything that's reported about trump? Can we be blamed for agreeing with trump when he calls the MSM out and labels them as disseminating Fake News?
Well, it may be clear to you what he was referring to, but it certainly wasn't clear to most people who weren't already firmly on the Trump bandwagon.

Trump's entire campaign against the mainstream media is a common tactic used by autocratic rulers all the time. When viewed objectively, and not by people cherrypicking every little factual inconsistency out there, the mainstream media has a pretty good record. Certainly, there is room for improvement, just as there is room for improvement for a president who throws terms like "animal" around when referring to certain groups of people (look up the political effects of dehumanizing groups of people by referring to them at "rats" or "cockroaches" in the past). But the news cycle of today isn't what it was when Woodward and Bernstein could sit on a story for weeks to get it perfect because their only competition was the New York Times who was doing the exact same thing. The 24-hour-news cycle breeds haste and haste leads to errors. But every time I have seen lists of these "mainstream" errors, most of them seem to originate from sources like marginal reporters tweeting out "news" bulletins that never get much traction beyond their Twitter feeds.

Public trust in the media is down, but that's largely on partisan lines. In the most recent comprehensive poll, four in ten Republicans said that any report that paints politicians in a negative light should always be deemed fake news. Republicans don't want to hear bad things about the President so they try to hide it by yelling fake news.

silverscreenselect

#123 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 18, 2018 9:56 am

tlynn78 wrote: I don't live in the past; I suggest you try to move on, as well.
Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.

flockofseagulls104

#124 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:00 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Well, if we want to talk about things not being isolated incidents, let's talk about the Main Stream Media. The latest example is the 'controversy' you brought up. They have gone bonkers claiming trump called all immigrants 'animals' when he clearly was referring to a segment of ILLEGAL immigrants who are MS-13 members or violent criminals, who ARE animals.After more than a year of seeing these blatant attacks or displays of incompetence by the MSM, can we, the public, be blamed for not believing anything that's reported about trump? Can we be blamed for agreeing with trump when he calls the MSM out and labels them as disseminating Fake News?
Well, it may be clear to you what he was referring to, but it certainly wasn't clear to most people who weren't already firmly on the Trump bandwagon.

Trump's entire campaign against the mainstream media is a common tactic used by autocratic rulers all the time. When viewed objectively, and not by people cherrypicking every little factual inconsistency out there, the mainstream media has a pretty good record. Certainly, there is room for improvement, just as there is room for improvement for a president who throws terms like "animal" around when referring to certain groups of people (look up the political effects of dehumanizing groups of people by referring to them at "rats" or "cockroaches" in the past). But the news cycle of today isn't what it was when Woodward and Bernstein could sit on a story for weeks to get it perfect because their only competition was the New York Times who was doing the exact same thing. The 24-hour-news cycle breeds haste and haste leads to errors. But every time I have seen lists of these "mainstream" errors, most of them seem to originate from sources like marginal reporters tweeting out "news" bulletins that never get much traction beyond their Twitter feeds.

Public trust in the media is down, but that's largely on partisan lines. In the most recent comprehensive poll, four in ten Republicans said that any report that paints politicians in a negative light should always be deemed fake news. Republicans don't want to hear bad things about the President so they try to hide it by yelling fake news.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/er ... 64a0d91f6b

Why should I believe what my eyes see and my ears hear when I can have the MSM interpret it for me?

tlynn78

#125 Post by tlynn78 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:00 am

tlynn78 wrote: I don't live in the past; I suggest you try to move on, as well.
Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.
I see your comprehension skills are on par with your context clues skills.