Melania hosts military wives.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: Melania hosts military wives.

#151 Post by Estonut » Sun May 20, 2018 8:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Because I thought you were trying to make a serious political point instead of pointing out the obvious about partisans on the Internet (which probably isn't any different from the comments that right wingers made when Obama got elected).
What about the comments YOU made when Obama got elected?
Which just goes to show that I'm not a rote left or right winger.
It also shows that you ARE a rote broad-brusher. You make a statement about right wingers (unqualified, thus meaning ALL), yet fail to mention that you behaved the same way yourself. To be accurate, you should have said, "(which probably isn't any different from the comments that some (or many?) people made when Obama got elected)."

The fact that you failed to include yourself in the group that you were commenting about is, at best, ingenuous.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#152 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Estonut wrote:
Estonut wrote:What about the comments YOU made when Obama got elected?
Which just goes to show that I'm not a rote left or right winger.
It also shows that you ARE a rote broad-brusher. You make a statement about right wingers (unqualified, thus meaning ALL), yet fail to mention that you behaved the same way yourself. To be accurate, you should have said, "(which probably isn't any different from the comments that some (or many?) people made when Obama got elected)."

The fact that you failed to include yourself in the group that you were commenting about is, at best, ingenuous.
I'm trying to decide whether your argument here went from the ridiculous to the nonsensical or from the nonsensical to the ridiculous.

I'm not going to sit down and parse every single word for any possible variation in meaning when I post something at 5:00 in the morning. I wasn't aware I was submitting a brief to the Supreme Court.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#153 Post by Estonut » Mon May 21, 2018 12:16 am

silverscreenselect wrote:I'm not going to sit down and parse every single word for any possible variation in meaning when I post something at 5:00 in the morning. I wasn't aware I was submitting a brief to the Supreme Court.
Nice try. Your original broad-brush post that I questioned was posted at 11:50 AM.

My intent was to point out, once again, that when you or Bob# say things like "Republicans," "conservatives" or "right wingers" without qualifying your statements, you are speaking about those entire groups. Therefore, you will almost always be wrong. Don't you understand that people have individual opinions, not always tied to either party?
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#154 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 21, 2018 3:13 am

Estonut wrote: Don't you understand that people have individual opinions, not always tied to either party?
Yes, I understand that people have individual opinions. I also understand that a number of people who say they disapprove of Trump wind up falling in behind him on virtually every issue, making their "opposition" in many cases a matter of form over substance.
Because I thought you were trying to make a serious political point instead of pointing out the obvious about partisans on the Internet (which probably isn't any different from the comments that right wingers made when Obama got elected).
And, in addition, both your facts and premise are wrong. I made this post at 5:32am. And my statement did not imply that all right wingers made such comments. It was a comparison between comments made by left wing partisans (bloggers and the like, since I challenged the fact that mainstream Democratic politicians made ) in 2016 to comments made by right wingers in 2008. You chose to expand the comparison to make your incorrect point.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#155 Post by Estonut » Mon May 21, 2018 3:32 am

Estonut wrote: Don't you understand that people have individual opinions, not always tied to either party?
Yes, I understand that people have individual opinions. I also understand that a number of people who say they disapprove of Trump wind up falling in behind him on virtually every issue, making their "opposition" in many cases a matter of form over substance.
Because I thought you were trying to make a serious political point instead of pointing out the obvious about partisans on the Internet (which probably isn't any different from the comments that right wingers made when Obama got elected).
And, in addition, both your facts and premise are wrong. I made this post at 5:32am. And my statement did not imply that all right wingers made such comments. It was a comparison between comments made by left wing partisans (bloggers and the like, since I challenged the fact that mainstream Democratic politicians made ) in 2016 to comments made by right wingers in 2008. You chose to expand the comparison to make your incorrect point.
English is my second language, but I clearly understand it better than you.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#156 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 21, 2018 7:29 am

Estonut wrote: I clearly understand it better than you.
You couldn't prove it in this thread.

tlynn78

#157 Post by tlynn78 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:43 am

Estonut wrote: I clearly understand it better than you.
You couldn't prove it in this thread.
He could prove it in just about any thread.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire