Melania hosts military wives.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Melania hosts military wives.

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Fri May 11, 2018 11:23 am

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

Re: Melania hosts military wives.

#2 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 am

I don't know. Why don't you tell us what's wrong with it.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 11:47 am

Looks like a bunch of women who's spouses are serving our country and they want to get jobs and work, too.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 11, 2018 11:53 am

BackInTex wrote:Looks like a bunch of white women who's spouses are serving our country and they want to get jobs and work, too.
Fixed it for you.

By the way, according to Pew Research, in 2015, 40% of active duty military personnel were minorities (including 17% black and 12% Hispanic).

I'll leave it to our resident expert Flock to parse the significance of these details.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 12:03 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Looks like a bunch of white women who's spouses are serving our country and they want to get jobs and work, too.
Fixed it for you.

By the way, according to Pew Research, in 2015, 40% of active duty military personnel were minorities (including 17% black and 12% Hispanic).

I'll leave it to our resident expert Flock to parse the significance of these details.

Why do you see race in everything? Why do you liberals have to bait every situation with race? We would be a lot closer to where Dr. King and all of us would like to be if you'd just fucking stop it.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:13 pm

BTW, it was active military, spouses and moms of military
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:40 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fixed it for you.

Why do you see race in everything? Why do you liberals have to bait every situation with race? We would be a lot closer to where Dr. King and all of us would like to be if you'd just fucking stop it.
How do you pull that many military names more or less at random without a single family of color?

I can see two possible explanations. First, families of color weren't invited. Second, the families of color who were invited declined. The second explanation is innocuous (from this perspective). The first decidedly is not.

It's easy for us to ignore race because white privilege is real. It's not right for us to ignore it, but it is easy. That's because I know damn well that neither I nor my son will ever be stopped for driving while white. I'll never be asked to explain my presence in my own dorm, and neither will my son. I'll never have to worry about whether an employer is uncomfortable hiring me because of my skin color. And because that's the case both for me and my extended family, we have enough resources available that my son will be able to graduate from the college of his choice without suffocating under a mountain of debt.

The New York Times recently (within the last month or two) published a story I found startling. Perhaps someone else could find the link. The story recounted, based on a study with a large number of subjects, that the sons of rich black men are much more likely to end up in poverty than are the sons of rich white men. Conversely, the sons of poor white men are much more likely to become rich than are the sons of poor black men. I had thought that the primary reason that money is distributed in grossly uneven ways across races was the "catch-up" problem -- for well-known historical reasons, black families start out worse off than white families, and if we could correct that we'd come a long way toward a society where equality of opportunity was more than a myth. This story makes clear that there's much more work than that to do. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 11, 2018 12:43 pm

BackInTex wrote: We would be a lot closer to where Dr. King and all of us would like to be if you'd just fucking stop it.
We've gone from signs on the door that say "No Blacks Allowed" to a room of 50 women who are spouses and mothers of members of an organization that is 40% minority without a single minority person in the room. The odds of that happening by chance are approximately 1 in 8,000,000,000,000. By contrast, the odds of winning Powerball are only about 1 in 292,000,000. It's pretty hard not to notice race when you have examples this egregious, unless you make a conscious effort to ignore it.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Fixed it for you.

How do you pull that many military names more or less at random without a single family of color?

I can see two possible explanations. First, families of color weren't invited. Second, the families of color who were invited declined. The second explanation is innocuous (from this perspective). The first decidedly is not.

It's easy for us to ignore race because white privilege is real. It's not right for us to ignore it, but it is easy. That's because I know damn well that neither I nor my son will ever be stopped for driving while white. I'll never be asked to explain my presence in my own dorm, and neither will my son. I'll never have to worry about whether an employer is uncomfortable hiring me because of my skin color. And because that's the case both for me and my extended family, we have enough resources available that my son will be able to graduate from the college of his choice without suffocating under a mountain of debt.

The New York Times recently (within the last month or two) published a story I found startling. Perhaps someone else could find the link. The story recounted, based on a study with a large number of subjects, that the sons of rich black men are much more likely to end up in poverty than are the sons of rich white men. Conversely, the sons of poor white men are much more likely to become rich than are the sons of poor black men. I had thought that the primary reason that money is distributed in grossly uneven ways across races was the "catch-up" problem -- for well-known historical reasons, black families start out worse off than white families, and if we could correct that we'd come a long way toward a society where equality of opportunity was more than a myth. This story makes clear that there's much more work than that to do. --Bob
So you really believe non-white people were explicitly, purposely not invited?
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

So you really believe non-white people were explicitly, purposely not invited?
I don't know how it happened that such a large group of military families didn't include a single family of color, but giving the military's demographics, it's startling, to say the least. I'd really like to know how the invitees for that event were selected. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 12:55 pm

BackInTex wrote: We would be a lot closer to where Dr. King and all of us would like to be if you'd just fucking stop it.
We've gone from signs on the door that say "No Blacks Allowed" to a room of 50 women who are spouses and mothers of members of an organization that is 40% minority without a single minority person in the room. The odds of that happening by chance are approximately 1 in 8,000,000,000,000. By contrast, the odds of winning Powerball are only about 1 in 292,000,000. It's pretty hard not to notice race when you have examples this egregious, unless you make a conscious effort to ignore it.
You're a real twit. Do you actually think that the White House, or Melania, made a concerted effort to exclude minorities, to ensure a white's only event?

Do you not truly think that the invitation was to a general audience of leadership among military wives, mothers, and others?

There could be many explanations on why there was no minority representation, among which is statistical. When you are not looking to make sure your photo op is "perfect", because you're more focused on the task at hand and getting results than the perception of tiny minded trolls such as yourself and Juch who look for such things, skin tone distribution may not be representative of the population being represented.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#12 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:58 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Fixed it for you.

AMEN!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Perhaps the minorities that were invited chose not to come lest the be called "Uncle Toms" by the twits such as yourself. That's a real concern.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#14 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 11, 2018 1:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:Perhaps the minorities that were invited chose not to come lest the be called "Uncle Toms" by the twits such as yourself. That's a real concern.
And perhaps the unicorns they were riding in on got stuck in DC traffic.

By the way I believe Bob J's photo came from last year's event hosted by Ivanka (in the center), not this year's event hosted by Melania. Also, for an event honoring military "spouses," there don't seem to be any husbands of military personnel here either.
Last edited by silverscreenselect on Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BackInTex

#15 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Bob78164 wrote: The New York Times recently (within the last month or two) published a story I found startling. Perhaps someone else could find the link. The story recounted, based on a study with a large number of subjects, that the sons of rich black men are much more likely to end up in poverty than are the sons of rich white men. Conversely, the sons of poor white men are much more likely to become rich than are the sons of poor black men. I had thought that the primary reason that money is distributed in grossly uneven ways across races was the "catch-up" problem -- for well-known historical reasons, black families start out worse off than white families, and if we could correct that we'd come a long way toward a society where equality of opportunity was more than a myth. This story makes clear that there's much more work than that to do. --Bob
Culture is the answer.

It is not race, it is not intelligence. It is behaviors, mindsets, and values passed down to the next generation. A good work ethic, a value for education, respect for others and their property, provides a foundation for a successful life. It's not a guarantee, but its more like covering black and red on the roulette wheel than hitting on a soft 17 in Blackjack.

I don't know of the study, but I might guess that a number of newly wealthy people, whether black or white, hit green on the roulette wheel (sports, entertainment, right place right time business) and did not themselves grow up valuing the above things and thus do not pass those values down.
Last edited by BackInTex on Fri May 11, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#16 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 1:13 pm

BackInTex wrote:Perhaps the minorities that were invited chose not to come lest the be called "Uncle Toms" by the twits such as yourself. That's a real concern.

By the way I believe Bob J's photo came from last year's event hosted by Ivanka (in the center), not this year's event hosted by Melania. Also, for an event honoring military "spouses," there don't seem to be any husbands of military personnel here either.
Stop it, you're embarrassing the other liberals.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#17 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 1:15 pm

It wasn't an event "honoring" military spouses.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#18 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 11, 2018 1:17 pm

BackInTex wrote: A good work ethic, a value for education, respect for others and their property, provides a foundation for a successful life.
I know you sincerely believe this, but there are far too many cases in which this breaks down in practice.

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri May 11, 2018 1:20 pm

BackInTex wrote: It wasn't an event "honoring" military spouses.
You're right. It was Military Spouse Appreciation Day, so I guess appreciating is not the same thing as honoring.

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 1:28 pm

BackInTex wrote: It wasn't an event "honoring" military spouses.
You're right. It was Military Spouse Appreciation Day, so I guess appreciating is not the same thing as honoring.
Do you have to try hard to be wrong this much, or does it come natural to you?

May 9th tweet (this year)
Tweet of picture
Over the past year @KellyannePolls & I have been convening experts to understand the employment barriers faced by #MilitarySpouses. 47% of the 600K+ military spouses describe finding work / managing their careers as their greatest source of stress. We are working to address this
Last edited by BackInTex on Fri May 11, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#21 Post by jarnon » Fri May 11, 2018 1:30 pm

I don't know what event BJ's photo is from, but I got this from the White House YouTube page:

It's called Celebration of Military Mothers and Spouses, so clearly they're being honored. President Trump, along with Melania, is the host. And the ladies are of all races.
Last edited by jarnon on Fri May 11, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#22 Post by BackInTex » Fri May 11, 2018 1:31 pm

BackInTex wrote: A good work ethic, a value for education, respect for others and their property, provides a foundation for a successful life.
I know you sincerely believe this, but there are far too many cases in which this breaks down in practice.
LOL. You ARE as stupid as you are dumb. There are many cases where it doesn't work. I said that. Nothing is perfect. The difference between you and me, I guess, is I see the glass as almost full and you see it as not quite full.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#23 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Of course BobJ posted the meme from democratic underground, a noted mainstream, vetted source, while fake news sorts, CNN, et al didn't exhibit it at all.

My goodness. He should be an investigative journalist.
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#24 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Ooh. This is from a correcting dem underground thread responsem Surprise.

https://www.afoscdc.com/jafowl.html
Well, then

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#25 Post by Beebs52 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:52 pm

jarnon wrote:I don't know what event BJ's photo is from, but I got this from the White House YouTube page:

It's called Celebration of Military Mothers and Spouses, so clearly they're being honored. President Trump, along with Melania, is the host. And the ladies are of all races.
Thank you.
Well, then