WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17355
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

You are a sanctimonious putz. Of course it exists. It doesn't exist in every.single.situation. Ooh. You donate. Aren't you a warrior.
And the name-calling begins. --Bob


Yes. Tired of the preaching. Do you and your child have black, hispanic, asian, gay friends? We and they do. Is your pedestal strong?
I live in Los Angeles and my son goes to a public school. What do you think? --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:09 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
And the name-calling begins. --Bob


Yes. Tired of the preaching. Do you and your child have black, hispanic, asian, gay friends? We and they do. Is your pedestal strong?
I live in Los Angeles and my son goes to a public school. What do you think? --Bob


Actusl friends? Not a given.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:13 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Location.Location.Location
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Yes. Tired of the preaching. Do you and your child have black, hispanic, asian, gay friends? We and they do. Is your pedestal strong?
I live in Los Angeles and my son goes to a public school. What do you think? --Bob


Actusl friends? Not a given.


My guys attended a suburban Texas school. Guess that doesn't fit the narrative.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17355
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Yes. Tired of the preaching. Do you and your child have black, hispanic, asian, gay friends? We and they do. Is your pedestal strong?
I live in Los Angeles and my son goes to a public school. What do you think? --Bob


Actusl friends? Not a given.
Could have fooled me. At any rate, the answer to your question is yes. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:20 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17355
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
I live in Los Angeles and my son goes to a public school. What do you think? --Bob


Actusl friends? Not a given.


My guys attended a suburban Texas school. Guess that doesn't fit the narrative.
You keep responding as though I've attacked you. I haven't. Not once. What I've said is that the situation that gave rise to this thread gives cause for concern and, for reasons I've articulated, I'm not willing to agree with those who are simply willing to accept it without further inquiry or to assume that the explanation for the apparent incongruity is innocuous. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:24 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
I live in Los Angeles and my son goes to a public school. What do you think? --Bob


Actusl friends? Not a given.
Could have fooled me. At any rate, the answer to your question is yes. --Bob


By constantly accusing people of not acknowledging racism exists, when they know it does, is a passive agressive maneuver. It's weak. I'd rather you man up and call me (insert).

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15460
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Only the 'left-wing crowd' and a relatively few shitheads on the right give any importance to the color of a person's skin. And it's really annoying, AH.


Well, apparently those relatively few shitheads on the right include the North Carolina legislature:

Quote:
Our conclusion does not mean, and we do not suggest, that any member of the General Assembly harbored racial hatred or animosity toward any minority group. But the totality of the circumstances -- North Carolina’s history of voting discrimination; the surge in African American voting; the legislature’s knowledge that African Americans voting translated into support for one party; and the swift elimination of the tools African Americans had used to vote and imposition of a new barrier at the first opportunity to do so -- cumulatively and unmistakably reveal that the General Assembly used SL 2013-381 to entrench itself. It did so by targeting voters who, based on
race, were unlikely to vote for the majority party. Even if done for partisan ends, that constituted racial discrimination.


There's plenty more examples like this, but people like you just choose to cover your ears and yell at the top of your lungs "I'm not a racist."

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15460
Beebs52 wrote:
Of course it exists.


Flock would disagree with you there, except for us lefties and a few shitheads on the right.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15460
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
PS: Please reserve the word 'asshole' for the person on this bored who has earned that title.


I congratulate you Flock. You've distilled your inability to refute almost any point that I make down to uttering the word asshole as many times as you can.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:59 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 9373
Location: Location.Location.Location
silverscreenselect wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Of course it exists.


Flock would disagree with you there, except for us lefties and a few shitheads on the right.


You just make stuff up. Stop it.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 2541
Beebs52 wrote:
When was the last time you made some sort of effort to remedy what you feel the rightwing assholes like us have done, other than post on a fucking message board? Tell me my sins, oh oracle, and show me the way.


Chuckling about this-because the message board in question reaches about 16 people-so the efficacy of posting on said message board is open to question.

If one wants to effect change, there may be better uses of one's time. I have certainly spent my time on politics on this board, but I have no illusions that it will have a wider effect.


RE: Minorities in the military and not related to this thread.

I remember reading several years ago, that white kids tended to be more drawn to the combat roles for adventure and that minority kids tended to choose the non-combat roles as a way of improving their life-ie for education and so forth.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Of course it exists.


Flock would disagree with you there, except for us lefties and a few shitheads on the right.


Yes asshole, there is racism in this country. We all know that. It is insignificant compared to the racism that exists in other parts of the world at this very moment, but putting that aside.

What the fuck do you want me to do about it? It seems that everyone who decries every incident that is selectively covered by the MSM illustrating the 'race problem' in this country says the solution to the 'race problem' is to vote for the democrat. I don't think so.

What I do about it is to live my life as best I can and treat everyone with the respect they are due, regardless what they look like or where they came from. I judge people by the content of their character. I believed in that when I was a young hippie liberal, and it hasn't changed now that I have experienced more of life and became more conservative. My ideals haven't changed one bit. I just see the flaws in liberal 'solutions'.

Tell me what you are doing about it AH, except for accusing and trolling conservatives.

(ADDED) And then apologize to me for accusing me of or even implying that I endorse racism, either consciously or unconsciously.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Spock wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
When was the last time you made some sort of effort to remedy what you feel the rightwing assholes like us have done, other than post on a fucking message board? Tell me my sins, oh oracle, and show me the way.


Chuckling about this-because the message board in question reaches about 16 people-so the efficacy of posting on said message board is open to question.

If one wants to effect change, there may be better uses of one's time. I have certainly spent my time on politics on this board, but I have no illusions that it will have a wider effect.


RE: Minorities in the military and not related to this thread.

I remember reading several years ago, that white kids tended to be more drawn to the combat roles for adventure and that minority kids tended to choose the non-combat roles as a way of improving their life-ie for education and so forth.


Spock, you are 100% correct, and I know that. I use this bored as an outlet. In real life, I am pretty much apolitical. I don't express anything remotely political on Facebook, except that I like Convention of the States, but I never comment. I try to stay out of political discussions, especially here in Washington, where there are some pretty far out people and ideas.

A few weeks ago I accidentally hit the like button on some stupid thing from some conservative site, and I was immediately responded harshly to by some friends, some family and some people I never heard of before. Can you imagine what would happen if I said on facebook some of the things I say here?

I don't hate SSS or Bob#s. But to me, they represent some of the people and ideas that I really object to. I have a lesser filter here than I do in real life. I would never act this way to someone in person, and I apologize to them for that. But 2 things are real to me:

1. This bored, as I said is an outlet. And I have assumed the liberals on this bored are using it the same way. That said, when Bob#s threatened to sue me, I really didn't know if he was serious or not. It's one thing to have a heated argument here, but to threaten to take it off the bored into real life is stepping over a line. I took time off to think about it and decided if he wanted to be that petty, he could go right ahead.
2. SSS accusing me of explicit or implicit racism. That is offensive to me and I will not have someone impugn my character like that either in real life or here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15460
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
(ADDED) And then apologize to me for accusing me of or even implying that I endorse racism, either consciously or unconsciously.


How do you know what you do unconsciously?

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
(ADDED) And then apologize to me for accusing me of or even implying that I endorse racism, either consciously or unconsciously.


How do you know what you do unconsciously?

How the fuck do you even presume to know what I do unconsciously? Who the fuck made you judge? Where do you get the nerve to keep going down this path when you know you are in the wrong and keep proving it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15460
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
(ADDED) And then apologize to me for accusing me of or even implying that I endorse racism, either consciously or unconsciously.


How do you know what you do unconsciously?

How the fuck do you even presume to know what I do unconsciously? Who the fuck made you judge? Where do you get the nerve to keep going down this path when you know you are in the wrong and keep proving it.


I was just curious. You see me, I don't know what I do unconsciously unless someone points it out to me. But perhaps you have some super duper right wing powers to engage in out-of-body experiences so you can see just what you're doing at all times, even though you don't know you're doing it. I'm certainly not trying to judge. Because if you can do that, I'd like to know how you did it.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:

How do you know what you do unconsciously?

How the fuck do you even presume to know what I do unconsciously? Who the fuck made you judge? Where do you get the nerve to keep going down this path when you know you are in the wrong and keep proving it.


I was just curious. You see me, I don't know what I do unconsciously unless someone points it out to me. But perhaps you have some super duper right wing powers to engage in out-of-body experiences so you can see just what you're doing at all times, even though you don't know you're doing it. I'm certainly not trying to judge. Because if you can do that, I'd like to know how you did it.


Pretty convenient to be able to accuse anyone of anything because they're doing it unconsciously. But I'll tell you what, you've ignored everything I told you consciously. Are you incoherent?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:37 pm
Posts: 7345
Location: South Carolina
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Ooh. This is from a correcting dem underground thread responsem Surprise.

https://www.afoscdc.com/jafowl.html
I clicked on your link expecting to find that Bob's picture was in fact an unfair presentation of what's going on. But the picture on the front page of your link gave me considerable pause. I saw exactly 1 woman who appears to be black.

This is apparently some kind of organization for the wives of officers. I have a very hard time believing that so few officers' wives are black. So this causes me to wonder why so few of the participants in this organization appear to be. Did the black members simply decline to participate in the photo opportunity? That's implausible to me, given the relatively conservative politics of most members of the military. Are there really so few black spouses among the ranks of our officers? That right there would be a big problem. Why does that picture depict an organization that appears to be almost entirely white? --Bob


The organizations invited Mrs. Trump, They were hosting her.

(how many of the women are married to black officers?)

_________________
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6333
Location: Montana
I've been away, and haven't waded through the entirety of this thread. That said, has it occurred to any of the usual suspects that any one of the women pictured could, and some probably are, married to or mothers of people of color? No? Check yourselves.

Edited* Well, heck, I could have just read the last response before I posted... - Suitguy gets it.

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15460
tlynn78 wrote:
I've been away, and haven't waded through the entirety of this thread. That said, has it occurred to any of the usual suspects that any one of the women pictured could, and some probably are, married to or mothers of people of color? No? Check yourselves.

Edited* Well, heck, I could have just read the last response before I posted... - Suitguy gets it.


That really doesn't change the dynamic of the original photo at all. Some of these women might well be married to people of color. Just as women of color might well be married to white armed services personnel. The question is which women were selected for a photo op with the First Lady of the United States, not what races their husbands might be.

In this case, I already acknowledged that I was working off incorrect information regarding the original photograph, so this particular group of women in the photo wasn't chosen by Melania, Ivanka, or anyone at the White House, and the event wasn't a White House or government event.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15460
Donald J. Trump 5/14/18 wrote:
[W]e’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.


https://www.vox.com/2018/5/16/17362870/ ... ontext-why

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
Donald J. Trump 5/14/18 wrote:
[W]e’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.


https://www.vox.com/2018/5/16/17362870/ ... ontext-why

Context? Let me be clear. ANYONE who has any doubt about the context of his statement is insane. Give me a fucking break.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 15460
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Donald J. Trump 5/14/18 wrote:
[W]e’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals.


https://www.vox.com/2018/5/16/17362870/ ... ontext-why

Context? Let me be clear. ANYONE who has any doubt about the context of his statement is insane. Give me a fucking break.


Donald Trump thanks you for your unwavering support.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4298
Location: Olympia, Washington
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:

Context? Let me be clear. ANYONE who has any doubt about the context of his statement is insane. Give me a fucking break.


Donald Trump thanks you for your unwavering support.


Once again, given the Hobson's choice between Trump and a person who hates Trump so much they would write an article like that, I would have to take Trump. And people like whoever wrote that article and you validate we made the best choice last November given what we had to choose from.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bazodee, Beebs52 and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.