Little Bighorn and Fetterman etc

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Little Bighorn and Fetterman etc

#1 Post by Spock » Thu May 17, 2018 8:15 pm

My kids scare me sometimes.

The Spocklette is going to a bio/chem engineering camp at South Dakota School of Mines in mid July. Drop off is Sunday afternoon.

I have been figuring out how to do some "Sioux" sites for pictures on this trip. Plans are for Whitestone Hill/ Little Bighorn/ Fetterman Massacre/ Wagon Box Fight

1) The Spocklette made it clear that she wants to visit these sights. She is stoked to visit Little Bighorn again.

2) The boys want to go as well.

Plan is to leave Friday-stop at Whitestone Hill on the way. Stay overnight near Little Bighorn. Do that and Fetterman etc on Saturday.

Stay in Buffalo, Wyo. Mrs. S and I were there in 1995 and we really liked the town.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sometime in June, we plan to go to Fort Snelling for Minnesota Sioux background. I haven't been since second grade.

BackInTex

Re: Little Bighorn and Fetterman etc

#2 Post by BackInTex » Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 pm

If y'all have not been to Devi's Tower, figure out how to do that (about 3 hours) on the way to Little Bighorn.

We loved Little Bighorn. Only got to visit about 2 hours as we had an ice cream meet-up in Billings with T-girl we had to make. We will get back one day. We could have spent 4-5 hours there. It is very awe inspiring.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

Re: Little Bighorn and Fetterman etc

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:18 am

BackInTex wrote:If y'all have not been to Devi's Tower, figure out how to do that (about 3 hours) on the way to Little Bighorn.

We loved Little Bighorn. Only got to visit about 2 hours as we had an ice cream meet-up in Billings with T-girl we had to make. We will get back one day. We could have spent 4-5 hours there. It is very awe inspiring.
Aw, shucks, I enjoyed meeting your family, too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire