You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Re: You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

#151 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:34 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Yessir, you read, unlike the redneck right wing morons you are always complaining about. And this is what you come up with. Very important. Earth shattering stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Pictures are easier for most Trump supporters to understand. Once they get past phrases like "Lock her up" they have trouble.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#152 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Yessir, you read, unlike the redneck right wing morons you are always complaining about. And this is what you come up with. Very important. Earth shattering stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Pictures are easier for most Trump supporters to understand. Once they get past phrases like "Lock her up" they have trouble.
Since you like pictures, I found one with you in it:

There you are, just below the nice sign.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#153 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: There you are, just below the nice sign.
I wish I looked as good as the guy below the sign.

flockofseagulls104

#154 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Rant on, bob-tel and AH. You're not convincing anyone. Just showing yourselves for the fools you are. The rest of us will reserve judgment and be hopeful. And if it falls apart, we will adjust, as will the administration.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics ... s-jie0v9bx
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#155 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:57 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Rant on, bob-tel and AH. You're not convincing anyone. Just showing yourselves for the fools you are. The rest of us will reserve judgment and be hopeful. And if it falls apart, we will adjust, as will the administration.

You haven't reserved judgment. You've already decided that it's fine because Donny's the one who did it. I foresee one of two outcomes: (1) We won't get a verifiable deal. If that happens, Donny will find someone else to blame (most likely some combination of Pompeo and the North Koreans) and you'll buy his excuses for giving away a concession without getting anything remotely approaching equivalent value back. That's the outcome I'm hoping for because the most likely alternative I see is (2) We'll get a deal that Donny claims is verifiable but that most or all experts agree is not. Donny will successfully sell it to his base and our country and the world will be a more dangerous place. If (3) a verifiable and enforceable deal were achievable, I'd be all for it, but I have no confidence at all in Donny's ability to achieve that outcome.

Not all of the rest of you are willing to toe the party line on this, by the way.
Sen. John McCain wrote:Suspending U.S.-South Korea joint military exercises is a mistake. Making unnecessary and unreciprocated concessions is not in our interests — and it is a bad negotiating tactic. Parroting Chinese and North Korean propaganda by saying joint exercises are ‘provocative’ undermines our security and alliances. Moving forward, we must work closely with our allies, especially South Korea and Japan, which have critical equities in the outcome of this diplomatic process.

I continue to hope that President Trump will be successful in his diplomatic efforts to achieve the complete, verifiable, and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. But we must not impose upon ourselves the burden of providing so-called "good faith" concessions as the price for continued dialogue.

The United States must be clear: we want peace on the Korean Peninsula achieved through dialogue. But it is North Korea — through its nuclear and missile programs, aggressive behavior, and egregious human rights violations — that poses the greatest threat to peace. And until North Korea takes concrete steps to change that, no concessions should be made, and the sanctions must continue.
--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#156 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:15 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:Rant on, bob-tel and AH. You're not convincing anyone. Just showing yourselves for the fools you are. The rest of us will reserve judgment and be hopeful. And if it falls apart, we will adjust, as will the administration.

You haven't reserved judgment. You've already decided that it's fine because Donny's the one who did it. I foresee one of two outcomes: (1) We won't get a verifiable deal. If that happens, Donny will find someone else to blame (most likely some combination of Pompeo and the North Koreans) and you'll buy his excuses for giving away a concession without getting anything remotely approaching equivalent value back. That's the outcome I'm hoping for because the most likely alternative I see is (2) We'll get a deal that Donny claims is verifiable but that most or all experts agree is not. Donny will successfully sell it to his base and our country and the world will be a more dangerous place. If (3) a verifiable and enforceable deal were achievable, I'd be all for it, but I have no confidence at all in Donny's ability to achieve that outcome.

Not all of the rest of you are willing to toe the party line on this, by the way.
Sen. John McCain wrote:Suspending U.S.-South Korea joint military exercises is a mistake. Making unnecessary and unreciprocated concessions is not in our interests — and it is a bad negotiating tactic. Parroting Chinese and North Korean propaganda by saying joint exercises are ‘provocative’ undermines our security and alliances. Moving forward, we must work closely with our allies, especially South Korea and Japan, which have critical equities in the outcome of this diplomatic process.

I continue to hope that President Trump will be successful in his diplomatic efforts to achieve the complete, verifiable, and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. But we must not impose upon ourselves the burden of providing so-called "good faith" concessions as the price for continued dialogue.

The United States must be clear: we want peace on the Korean Peninsula achieved through dialogue. But it is North Korea — through its nuclear and missile programs, aggressive behavior, and egregious human rights violations — that poses the greatest threat to peace. And until North Korea takes concrete steps to change that, no concessions should be made, and the sanctions must continue.
--Bob
If you bother to read the article, which of course you haven't, you will see:
Pompeo had said Wednesday that Trump “made it very clear that the condition precedent for the exercises not to proceed was productive, good-faith negotiations being ongoing. And at the point that it’s concluded they are not, the president’s commitment to not have those joint exercises take place will no longer be in effect.”
Also, the whole point of the article is the administration verifying that all sanctions will continue until it is verified that NK is living up to it's agreement to denuclearize.

John McCain is not one of the 'rest of us'. He is the epitome of the swamp, and should have been retired long ago. He also obviously is misinformed, as you are, about the sanctions.

Obviously, you have no confidence in trump to hit the toilet bowl when he pees, we all know that. Do you think by constantly declaring your loathing that you are convincing anyone of anything besides what a closed-minded, hateful, ethical-above-average-litigator you are?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#157 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:50 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Pompeo had said Wednesday that Trump “made it very clear that the condition precedent for the exercises not to proceed was productive, good-faith negotiations being ongoing. And at the point that it’s concluded they are not, the president’s commitment to not have those joint exercises take place will no longer be in effect.”
If you believe Donny said that when he was alone with the North Koreans, I have a course at Trump University I'd like to sell you. So now the North Koreans have seen for themselves that Donny can't be trusted to do what he says he'll do. For once, I'm glad Donny has proved yet again to be a liar. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#158 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:27 pm

John McCain is not one of the 'rest of us'. He is the epitome of the swamp, and should have been retired long ago.
It's amazing that John McCain, a man who gave years of his life for his country rotting in a hellhole is the epitome of the swamp while a man who has spent decades cheating, conning and lying his way through life is somehow the one who will drain the swamp.

tlynn78

#159 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:09 pm

John McCain is not one of the 'rest of us'. He is the epitome of the swamp, and should have been retired long ago.
It's amazing that John McCain, a man who gave years of his life for his country rotting in a hellhole is the epitome of the swamp while a man who has spent decades cheating, conning and lying his way through life is somehow the one who will drain the swamp.
Why bring Clinton into the discussion?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#160 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
If you believe Donny said that when he was alone with the North Koreans, I have a course at Trump University I'd like to sell you. So now the North Koreans have seen for themselves that Donny can't be trusted to do what he says he'll do. For once, I'm glad Donny has proved yet again to be a liar. --Bob
Let me amend my previous comments, which were a bit more profane.
bob-tel, how the HELL do you think you know what was said and not said?????!!!! Were you there, you arrogant assclown?

I know you can't read, but it's right there in black and white. If it wasn't said to them directly, which it probably was, since I have no reason to doubt what Pompeo says, THEY F&*%ING KNOW IT NOW, DON'T THEY?

WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO GROW UP?
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flockofseagulls104

#161 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Quite amazing, and I hope it's true.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#162 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:49 am

Bob78164 wrote:
bob-tel, how the HELL do you think you know what was said and not said?????!!!! Were you there, you arrogant assclown?

I know you can't read, but it's right there in black and white. If it wasn't said to them directly, which it probably was, since I have no reason to doubt what Pompeo says, THEY F&*%ING KNOW IT NOW, DON'T THEY?

You do have reason to doubt what Pompeo says. Whatever he was told, he was told by a proven liar. That's the problem with being a liar. No one can trust what you say, even if for once you happen to be telling the truth. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#163 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:If you believe Donny said that when he was alone with the North Koreans, I have a course at Trump University I'd like to sell you. So now the North Koreans have seen for themselves that Donny can't be trusted to do what he says he'll do. For once, I'm glad Donny has proved yet again to be a liar. --Bob

You do have reason to doubt what Pompeo says. Whatever he was told, he was told by a proven liar. That's the problem with being a liar. No one can trust what you say, even if for once you happen to be telling the truth. --Bob
That is even more true for partisan, self righteous, arrogant, ethical-above-average-litigators.

jarnon

#164 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Bob Juch wrote:One thing that was added that is of personal concern to me: N.K. is going to repatriate the remains of Americans from the Korean War. My father's may be among them.
Trump seems to take this seriously. I hope it happens.
Donald J. Trump wrote:One of the things that, really, I’m happy, is that the soldiers that died in Korea, their remains are going to be coming back home. And we have thousands of people that have asked for that. Thousands and thousands of people. So many people asked for that, when I was on the campaign. I’d say, "Wait a minute, I don’t have any relationship [with North Korea]." But they said, "When you can, [when you're] President, we’d love our son to be brought back home," you know, the remains.
"Our son" is a slip of the tongue, since he didn't meet parents of Korean War soldiers.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#165 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:22 pm

jarnon wrote: "Our son" is a slip of the tongue, since he didn't meet parents of Korean War soldiers.
Many of Trump's "slips of the tongue" and "jokes" are nothing more than lies he gets called out on.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#166 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:51 pm

jarnon wrote: "Our son" is a slip of the tongue, since he didn't meet parents of Korean War soldiers.
Many of Trump's "slips of the tongue" and "jokes" are nothing more than lies he gets called out on.
So you think this was a lie?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

flockofseagulls104

#167 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Estonut wrote:
Anything trump says is a lie to our liberal brethren. Haven't you been paying attention?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#168 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Estonut wrote:
I'm not sure. It certainly fits his pattern of saying things that sound good but that can't possibly be true. I'd be more sure if he repeated it in those terms. If this was an isolated instance, and particularly if on other occasions he referred to the incident without saying "son," I'd be inclined to believe that this was, as jarnon said, a slip of the tongue.

The real problem is that given Donny's obvious willingness to just make shit up, I don't have a whole lot of confidence that anything like this actually occurred. If it did, though, presumably there were other people present who can attest that for once Donny is telling the truth. --Bob

Bob Juch

#169 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Estonut wrote:
Yes, and also he couldn't have heard from thousands and thousands of family members. There're aren't that many.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#170 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Many of Trump's "slips of the tongue" and "jokes" are nothing more than lies he gets called out on.
Yes, and also he couldn't have heard from thousands and thousands of family members. There're aren't that many.
"Thousands and thousands of people."

While I emphasize with you, and hope you are reunited with your father's remains, I really think you would be well-served to re-examine your mindset. None of you earn any converts by doing this kind of stuff all the time. You only lose self-respecting and rational liberals that don't want to be associated with this kind of mindless hatred. Yes, there are some of those.

silverscreenselect

#171 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:17 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: None of you earn any converts by doing this kind of stuff all the time. You only lose self-respecting and rational liberals that don't want to be associated with this kind of mindless hatred. Yes, there are some of those.
And you don't earn any converts by mindlessly sticking up for Trump all the time. Do you really think that thousands of people came up to Trump during the campaign and asked him to make nice with North Korea so they could get an accounting of loved ones? Or is it far more likely, given his track record, that he once again just made something up on the spot?

You talk about the Bobs and me and those like us and call us "Trump haters." Well, there are a lot of right wingers who are "Trump hater" haters. They can't stand the idea that those who are vehemently opposed to Trump may be right so they will defend him any time he says or does something ridiculous.

Trump couldn't just say "We've had people ask us about their loved ones" which may well be true. No, he has to embellish it into thousands of people approaching him on the campaign trail about the subject.

And by the way, in civil cases, a statement that is made with reckless disregard of whether it's true or not is the equivalent of a deliberate lie. That applies to fraud and libel cases and any other case in which deliberate falsity has to be shown.

flockofseagulls104

#172 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:22 pm

And by the way, in civil cases, a statement that is made with reckless disregard of whether it's true or not is the equivalent of a deliberate lie. That applies to fraud and libel cases and any other case in which deliberate falsity has to be shown.
So get bob-tel to sue him.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#173 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:47 am

So get bob-tel to sue him.
I couldn’t possibly win such a suit. An element of fraud is reasonable reliance and it can’t possibly be reasonable to rely on anything Donny says. —Bob

tlynn78

#174 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:47 am

Too funny. It's amazing how a bunch of ignorant, mouth-breathing knuckle-draggers managed to get their guy elected, when the best efforts of leftist elites, Hollywood's gods, and a cheating DNC couldn't win their sure bet. 'Merica!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#175 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:27 pm

Do you really think that thousands of people came up to Trump during the campaign and asked him to make nice with North Korea so they could get an accounting of loved ones?
I can easily envision thousands of people using email, phones and social media to ask him not to forget the remains of loved ones and friends when he spoke with Kim. Especially after Obama made a unilateral deal with Iran, gave them billions of dollars and didn't even bother with the several living Americans they have in custody in their prisons