You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

#201 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#202 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote: Apparently you didn't read my link. And, you have confirmed my analysis of you.
I did read your link, and I responded to it. Perhaps you didn't see it because I quoted tgirl, rather than your link.

Here's audio of what our government is currently doing in our name. --Bob
Heartbreaking. Why are people using their children as pawns, when it's not asylum.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busine ... ned-2018-5
Many of them were seeking asylum. Asylum from domestic violence. Asylum from gang violence. Jeff Sessions changed the rules a week or two ago so that those are no longer considered legitimate bases for an asylum request. I'm guessing that news might not have reached Central American refugees on the road fleeing from that violence.

So now it's the policy of this country that if you want to escape here from gang violence and domestic violence, not only will we arrest you for unlawful entry, convict you, and deport you back to the violence you were fleeing, we will separate you from your kids in the process.

Don't ever say you're doing this in my fucking name. And don't expect me ever to be okay with this. I'm too damn familiar with our history of turning away Jews trying to escape from Nazi Germany. And I have a very hard time with those who make excuses trying to justify it.

I doubt I'll have more to say on this topic. Someone else can have the last word. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#203 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
As long as Republicans support ripping kids from their parents' arms, ...
Bob, Bob, Bob. You forgot "and putting them in cages!"
Oh, wait, you can't use that now that we know that photo that made the rounds to stir up emotions was actually taken during the Obama administration. Where was your outrage then, Bob? Do you ever wonder why we didn't hear about that stuff then, but do now? Or are you happy to be just a pliable, marginally useful tool?
I'm confused. Are you trying to criticize me for something I didn't even say?

Not much to be outraged about then. Those weren't pictures of kids forcibly separated from their parents. They're pictures of kids who showed up at the border unaccompanied, in huge numbers previously unprecedented. The Obama Administration found them places to sleep until they could be reunited with adults, usually their parents. Could the Administration have done a better job with temporary housing while the kids were reunited with responsible adults? I don't know. And neither do you. But I know damn well that the Obama Administration wasn't trying to treat those kids inhumanely.

Are you saying that you disagree with flock (and 67% of the American people) but agree with 55% of Republicans that it's okay for Donny's administration to be forcibly separating kids from their parents? --Bob
Fuck you, bob-tel. I never said anything of the sort. And you know it. You're just being the sanctimonious shithead you are.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

#204 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Many of them were seeking asylum. Asylum from domestic violence. Asylum from gang violence.
Why, then, do they HAVE TO COME HERE? You know the answer bob-tel. And so do the democrats who refuse to come up with a solution to stopping illegal immigration because it's in their interest to have the fricking issue to campaign on every election.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

tlynn78

#205 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
As long as Republicans support ripping kids from their parents' arms, ...
Oh, wait, you can't use that now that we know that photo that made the rounds to stir up emotions was actually taken during the Obama administration. Where was your outrage then, Bob? Do you ever wonder why we didn't hear about that stuff then, but do now? Or are you happy to be just a pliable, marginally useful tool?

Not much to be outraged about then. Those weren't pictures of kids forcibly separated from their parents. They're pictures of kids who showed up at the border unaccompanied, in huge numbers previously unprecedented. The Obama Administration found them places to sleep until they could be reunited with adults, usually their parents. Could the Administration have done a better job with temporary housing while the kids were reunited with responsible adults? I don't know. And neither do you. But I know damn well that the Obama Administration wasn't trying to treat those kids inhumanely.

Are you saying that you disagree with flock (and 67% of the American people) but agree with 55% of Republicans that it's okay for Donny's administration to be forcibly separating kids from their parents? --Bob
Nuance escapes you. I'm criticizing your perpetuation of the "...ripping kids from their parents' arms" hysteria the left is trying to whip up, and pointing out your utter hypocrisy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#206 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:46 pm

I doubt I'll have more to say on this topic. Someone else can have the last word.
Because you're wrong and you know it.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#207 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I did read your link, and I responded to it. Perhaps you didn't see it because I quoted tgirl, rather than your link.

Here's audio of what our government is currently doing in our name. --Bob
Heartbreaking. Why are people using their children as pawns, when it's not asylum.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.busine ... ned-2018-5
Many of them were seeking asylum. Asylum from domestic violence. Asylum from gang violence. Jeff Sessions changed the rules a week or two ago so that those are no longer considered legitimate bases for an asylum request. I'm guessing that news might not have reached Central American refugees on the road fleeing from that violence.

So now it's the policy of this country that if you want to escape here from gang violence and domestic violence, not only will we arrest you for unlawful entry, convict you, and deport you back to the violence you were fleeing, we will separate you from your kids in the process.

Don't ever say you're doing this in my fucking name. And don't expect me ever to be okay with this. I'm too damn familiar with our history of turning away Jews trying to escape from Nazi Germany. And I have a very hard time with those who make excuses trying to justify it.

I doubt I'll have more to say on this topic. Someone else can have the last word. --Bob
Godwin's rule dude.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#208 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

Fuck you, bob-tel. I never said anything of the sort. And you know it. You're just being the sanctimonious shithead you are.
You said the separation has to stop. I thought that meant you agreed that what Donny's Administration is doing is not okay, which is what I said you said. Did I misunderstand you? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#209 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I'm confused. Are you trying to criticize me for something I didn't even say?

You said the separation has to stop. I thought that meant you agreed that what Donny's Administration is doing is not okay, which is what I said you said. Did I misunderstand you? --Bob
It is not ok to separate parents from children. But it is also not ok to just walk into this country because you decide you want to live here. If you meant to say that I want the separation to stop, I sincerely apologize to you. However, I agree with trump that it's up to Congress to do their frickin job. Stop arguing and making political points and fix it. Instead of doing everything you can to oppose trump, why don't you get your political party to stop illegal iimmigration.
Last edited by flockofseagulls104 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#210 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:14 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:If you meant to say that I want the separation to stop, I sincerely apologize to you.
That is what I meant to say. --Bob

tlynn78

#211 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:If you meant to say that I want the separation to stop, I sincerely apologize to you.
In fairness to Bob, that is how I read what he wrote.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#212 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:42 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:However, I agree with trump that it's up to Congress to do their frickin job. Stop arguing and making political points and fix it. Instead of doing everything you can to oppose trump, why don't you get your political party to stop illegal iimmigration.
Senator Ben Sasse (R Neb.) wrote:[S]ome in the administration have decided that this cruel policy increases their legislative leverage. This is wrong. Americans do not take children hostage, period.
https://www.facebook.com/SenatorSasse/p ... 54653673:0

flockofseagulls104

#213 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:However, I agree with trump that it's up to Congress to do their frickin job. Stop arguing and making political points and fix it. Instead of doing everything you can to oppose trump, why don't you get your political party to stop illegal iimmigration.
Senator Ben Sasse (R Neb.) wrote:[S]ome in the administration have decided that this cruel policy increases their legislative leverage. This is wrong. Americans do not take children hostage, period.
https://www.facebook.com/SenatorSasse/p ... 54653673:0
Thanks for making my point, bob-tel. Everyone in Washington is using this issue to make political points for their side. When are they going to DO THEIR JOBS and work out a solution to stopping illegal immigration? We've been talking and fighting about it for decades. It's CONGRESS'S job, not the President's. The President's job is to enforce the laws that Congress makes. If there are loopholes that allow what trump is doing, then FIX IT, goddammit! Any congressperson who's complaining about what trump is doing and not working to come up with a palatable solution is part of the problem. Once again, I put the blame on the swamp. Once we stop people from just waltzing in to OUR country whenever and wherever they want, then we can decide what to do to deal with the millions of illegals and DACA'a that are here now. Not before.

flockofseagulls104

#214 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
In fairness to Bob, that is how I read what he wrote.
I have been a lot more fair to bob-tel than he has to me.

jarnon

#215 Post by jarnon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:07 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:We should find them and let them go right through our country into Canada. That's what Mexico does.
Canada won't allow that. Le Canada ne le permettra pas.

Illegal border crossings are not, and will not, be tolerated: Goodale
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#216 Post by jarnon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:18 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Once we stop people from just waltzing in to OUR country whenever and wherever they want, then we can decide what to do to deal with the millions of illegals and DACA'a that are here now. Not before.
The people "waltzing in" are mostly entering legally and not leaving. The government estimates 629,000 overstayed visas in 2016, while under 200,000 crossed the Mexican border illegally (and I wouldn't describe their journey as "waltzing in"). Politicians need to deal with that problem, and many other problems with our immigration laws, instead of just building a wall or helping the DREAMers or asylum seekers or unaccompanied children or accompanied children.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#217 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:19 pm

jarnon wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:We should find them and let them go right through our country into Canada. That's what Mexico does.

Why don't we hear this mantra from the left? "All the civilized, first world countries have strict border controls, except the US."

a1mamacat

#218 Post by a1mamacat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 pm

jarnon wrote:

Why don't we hear this mantra from the left? "All the civilized, first world countries have strict border controls, except the US."
None of the civilized first world countries, except the US, cruelly separate minor children from their parents and place them in different detention centers.

Canada is also reviewing whether or not the US can be considered a "safe third country" any longer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada ... -1.4711030
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob Juch

#219 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:18 am

Many of them were seeking asylum. Asylum from domestic violence. Asylum from gang violence.
Why, then, do they HAVE TO COME HERE? You know the answer bob-tel. And so do the democrats who refuse to come up with a solution to stopping illegal immigration because it's in their interest to have the fricking issue to campaign on every election.
I guess you want to tear this down.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#220 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:25 am

Bob Juch wrote:
I guess you want open borders. And I assume that anyone who wants to can come into your house and stay there as long as they like. Give me your address and I'll send some right over.

Bob Juch

#221 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
I guess you want open borders. And I assume that anyone who wants to can come into your house and stay there as long as they like. Give me your address and I'll send some right over.
That's stupid, even for you.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#222 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Image
You made a stupid comment, I returned a stupid comment. I could never dream of out-stupiding you, though. But the question remains:

All of the democrat icons I mentioned in another thread at one time or other had the same view on illegal immigration as trump does. trump gets elected, and all of a sudden closing our borders to illegal immigration is racist. Coincidence?

Our country is the most generous, giving country in the world. But we cannot let anyone and everyone who doesn't like their current conditions in another place in the world just walk over our border and live here. We have to KNOW who is here. Millions of the tired, poor and huddled have immigrated and been accepted here using the processes and laws we have put in place to protect the citizens who already live here. People who ignore those laws, for whatever reasons, are breaking our laws. Sorry, but they are criminals. If you don't like those laws, then elect someone who is willing to change them, and not use them as a political tool. How long are we going to put up with politicians who for years and years have said our immigration policy is broken, but have not lifted one finger to fix it? If you want open borders for this country, elect someone who promises them to you. I will never vote for someone who supports open borders.

If we ever get a majority of elected officials who believe in open borders, I will take a plane to Germany as a visitor, make my way up to Denmark, and get a small boat, land it in Sweden or Norway and live in the shadows there and see what happens.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#223 Post by frogman042 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:51 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
You made a stupid comment, I returned a stupid comment. I could never dream of out-stupiding you, though. But the question remains:

All of the democrat icons I mentioned in another thread at one time or other had the same view on illegal immigration as trump does. trump gets elected, and all of a sudden closing our borders to illegal immigration is racist. Coincidence?

Our country is the most generous, giving country in the world. But we cannot let anyone and everyone who doesn't like their current conditions in another place in the world just walk over our border and live here. We have to KNOW who is here. Millions of the tired, poor and huddled have immigrated and been accepted here using the processes and laws we have put in place to protect the citizens who already live here. People who ignore those laws, for whatever reasons, are breaking our laws. Sorry, but they are criminals. If you don't like those laws, then elect someone who is willing to change them, and not use them as a political tool. How long are we going to put up with politicians who for years and years have said our immigration policy is broken, but have not lifted one finger to fix it? If you want open borders for this country, elect someone who promises them to you. I will never vote for someone who supports open borders.

If we ever get a majority of elected officials who believe in open borders, I will take a plane to Germany as a visitor, make my way up to Denmark, and get a small boat, land it in Sweden or Norway and live in the shadows there and see what happens.
Please list at least 5 politicians that are advocating open borders - that is a strawman and you know it. As far as I can tell, the reason it has happened for so long is the free market system where many companies like the ability to draw on cheap labor that the immigrants provided and being able to take advantage of their vulnerability because they were able to exploit their tenuous status. Is it not reasonable to think that the reason politicians haven't tried to reform the immigration policy is in a large part due to the clout these businesses have and their desire not to have to deal with these workers legally when they benefit so much more if they are undocumented?

flockofseagulls104

#224 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:57 pm

frogman042 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: That's stupid, even for you.

Please list at least 5 politicians that are advocating open borders - that is a strawman and you know it. As far as I can tell, the reason it has happened for so long is the free market system where many companies like the ability to draw on cheap labor that the immigrants provided and being able to take advantage of their vulnerability because they were able to exploit their tenuous status. Is it not reasonable to think that the reason politicians haven't tried to reform the immigration policy is in a large part due to the clout these businesses have and their desire not to have to deal with these workers legally when they benefit so much more if they are undocumented?
Every politician who is not working feverishly to close the borders to illegal immigration is supporting open borders. For whatever reason. Whether they do it to please big corporate donors or to build the underclass in hope of more votes. We cannot possibly deal with the millions of illegal aliens here already without making sure we don't keep getting new ones. It's time to stop the posturing and either fix the system that is broken or enforce the system that is in place. But whatever, it's up to Congress.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#225 Post by frogman042 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 pm

frogman042 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: You made a stupid comment, I returned a stupid comment. I could never dream of out-stupiding you, though. But the question remains:

Every politician who is not working feverishly to close the borders to illegal immigration is supporting open borders. For whatever reason. Whether they do it to please big corporate donors or to build the underclass in hope of more votes. We cannot possibly deal with the millions of illegal aliens here already without making sure we don't keep getting new ones. It's time to stop the posturing and either fix the system that is broken or enforce the system that is in place. But whatever, it's up to Congress.
So you can't name any politician that is actively supporting open borders - got it.

Your response of:
Every politician who is not working feverishly to close the borders to illegal immigration is supporting open borders. For whatever reason.
can be rewritten as:
Every politician who is not working feverishly to prevent every single driver from exceeding the speed limit is supporting having no speed limits on our nations highways. For whatever reason.
Is that 2nd version logical to you? If not, then neither is your example.

Of course, since we are at record unemployment, the economy is strong and America is the greatest country in the world - even with the existence of millions of undocumented aliens - I'm curious how you would back up you claim that 'we cannot possibly deal with the millions of illegal aliens here already' - it looks like we are somehow managing to deal with it.

Again - here is a challenge - show that the cost to America for these undocumented aliens is significantly greater, in terms of lost of lives, bodily injury, financially (loss of income, GDP, families, etc) than the loss due to accidents caused by those breaking the speed limit laws. Which is the bigger problem and which should be more aggressively addressed? There are many issues that we as Americans should be dealing with - I would like to see the data points to illegal immigration as being as one of the most severe and that it needs to be at or near the top of the list.