You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

#376 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:16 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Going back to the original topic of this thread, the summit with North Korea, we get this completely unsurprising tidbit of information:

http://thehill.com/policy/international ... h-facility

They made a big show of destroying their already damaged and non-functional testing facility. But the North Koreans are as busy as ever, spending millions of dollars (or the North Korean equivalent), working on a facility that will produce more weaponized plutonium, which doesn't quite jibe with a commitment to "denuclearize" the Korean peninsula. Anyone want to place any bets as to whether they are working on a new test facility as well.

I'm just waiting to see how many big diplomatic victories Trump will pull off in his upcoming summit meeting with his good buddy Putin. Russian news networks are already having a field day on the way Putin keeps putting things over on Trump. I hope Trump at least draws the line at replacing the Statue of Liberty with a Statue of Putin.
No, he wants to replace the Statue of Liberty with one of himself holding a sign reading, "Go back to where you came from."
BJ, go peddle your bigotry somewhere else. It is not amusing.
Hating trump is not bigotry, it's patriotism.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#377 Post by jarnon » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:28 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:I’m just waiting to see how many big diplomatic victories Trump will pull off in his upcoming summit meeting with his good buddy Putin. Russian news networks are already having a field day on the way Putin keeps putting things over on Trump. I hope Trump at least draws the line at replacing the Statue of Liberty with a Statue of Putin.
Donald J. Trump wrote:Russia continues to say they had nothing to do with Meddling in our Election!
Trump believes that sucking up to foreign leaders is an effective tactic to put them in a favorable frame of mind before a summit. He tried it with Kim and now Putin. It works on him, so he assumes it works on them too.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

flockofseagulls104

#378 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: No, he wants to replace the Statue of Liberty with one of himself holding a sign reading, "Go back to where you came from."
For what country?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#379 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: BJ, go peddle your bigotry somewhere else. It is not amusing.
For what country?
Any one other than Russia.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#380 Post by Spock » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: Hating trump is not bigotry, it's patriotism.
For what country?
Putin (and Russia) is exactly the same guy now that he was in 2012 when Obama belittled Romney's concerns about Russia. I doubt that you are on record here disagreeing with Obama on that point in 2012.

I submit that you never said anything against Putin (Russia) until it fit the party narrative.

Pretty outspoken now-but were you on it in 2012?

FTR-I disagreed with Romney at the time (and still do) as I thought (and still think) China is our major geopolitical threat.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#381 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Spock wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: For what country?
Putin (and Russia) is exactly the same guy now that he was in 2012 when Obama belittled Romney's concerns about Russia. I doubt that you are on record here disagreeing with Obama on that point in 2012.

I submit that you never said anything against Putin (Russia) until it fit the party narrative.

Pretty outspoken now-but were you on it in 2012?

FTR-I disagreed with Romney at the time (and still do) as I thought (and still think) China is our major geopolitical threat.
We have evidence and activities now that didn't exist in 2012; namely, Russia's ongoing efforts to interfere with our elections. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#382 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:03 pm

So much for denuclearization. According to U.S. intelligence, North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons in recent months. So let's see if those predictions were correct that Donny will resume the cancelled exercises if we catch North Korea cheating. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#383 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Bob78164 wrote:So much for denuclearization. According to U.S. intelligence, North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons in recent months. So let's see if those predictions were correct that Donny will resume the canceled exercises if we catch North Korea cheating. --Bob
Cheating? They didn't agree to anything.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#384 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:So much for denuclearization. According to U.S. intelligence, North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons in recent months. So let's see if those predictions were correct that Donny will resume the canceled exercises if we catch North Korea cheating. --Bob
Cheating? They didn't agree to anything.
And in exchange for the lack of agreement to anything, we gave them something tangible. The Great Negotiator seems to have fallen down on the job. --Bob

tlynn78

#385 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:30 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: No, he wants to replace the Statue of Liberty with one of himself holding a sign reading, "Go back to where you came from."
How pathetic is it that you actually covince yourself of that? That's a rhetorical question.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Estonut
Evil Genius

#386 Post by Estonut » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:24 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Hating trump is not bigotry, it's patriotism.
How pathetic is it that you actually convince yourself of that? That's a rhetorical question.
I remember how the Democrats and the most qualified presidential candidate in history went apoplectic when Trump wouldn't promise to accept the election results, fearing dirty tricks.
Back in October 2016, Donald Trump was claiming that his expected defeat was proof that the election was “rigged.” Hillary Clinton tweeted, “Donald Trump refused to say that he’d respect the results of this election. By doing that, he’s threatening our democracy.”
To spell it out for you, Hillary Clinton said it is YOU who are threatening our democracy by not accepting the results of the election. Threatening our democracy is not patriotism.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#387 Post by Bob Juch » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:43 am

Estonut wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Hating trump is not bigotry, it's patriotism.
How pathetic is it that you actually convince yourself of that? That's a rhetorical question.
I remember how the Democrats and the most qualified presidential candidate in history went apoplectic when Trump wouldn't promise to accept the election results, fearing dirty tricks.
Back in October 2016, Donald Trump was claiming that his expected defeat was proof that the election was “rigged.” Hillary Clinton tweeted, “Donald Trump refused to say that he’d respect the results of this election. By doing that, he’s threatening our democracy.”
To spell it out for you, Hillary Clinton said it is YOU who are threatening our democracy by not accepting the results of the election. Threatening our democracy is not patriotism.
Did I say I didn't accept the results? No, I said I hate trump.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#388 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:21 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:These people are not US Citizens and they have no RIGHT to come here unless they do it in the legal way. We have provided a method for them to apply for legal permission to enter.
Leaving aside our treaty obligations, even families who are presenting themselves and their asylum claims at Ports of Entry are frequently being separated without cause. --Bob

Bob Juch

#389 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:58 pm

silverscreenselect

#390 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:50 am

Don't you remember that North Korea is "no longer a nuclear threat," according to the most honest man in America? Obviously, this article is "fake news" from a typical left wing rag.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#391 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:27 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Don't you remember that North Korea is "no longer a nuclear threat," according to the most honest man in America? Obviously, this article is "fake news" from a typical left wing rag.
Um, you might want to wait a few days to see what the response will be. I mean, look at the first post in this thread:
...Trump now says there is a "substantial chance" preparations won't work out in time for that June summit. That's too bad; those tokens with Trump and "Supreme Leader" Kim on them could be collector's items some day....
It's really pathetic to see how much you hope and pray trump fails at anything and everything, all at the expense of our country. And bob-tel has the gall to be a drama queen: 'factually false and defamatory'. On the contrary, bob-tel, it's pretty obvious.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#392 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:42 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: It's really pathetic to see how much you hope and pray trump fails at anything and everything, all at the expense of our country.
Pointing out what the President is doing wrong is not "hoping and praying Trump fails at anything and everything." I don't remember there being any shortage of critics of Obama pointing out what they thought he was doing wrong and how that would lead to disaster for this country.

Remember the "Obama apology tour"?
The President has already apologized for his country to nearly 3 billion people across Europe, the Muslim world, and the Americas.

The Obama Administration's strategy of unconditional engagement with America's enemies combined with a relentless penchant for apology-making is a dangerous recipe for failure. The overall effect of this approach has been to weaken American power on the world stage rather than strengthen it. President Obama's personal approval ratings across much of the world may be sky high, but that has not translated into greater support for U.S.-led initiatives, such as the NATO mission in Afghanistan, which is heavily dependent on American and British troops. The U.S. is increasingly viewed as a soft touch internationally, which has encouraged rogue regimes such as North Korea and Iran to accelerate their nuclear and missile programs.

[T]he world does not need yet another apology from the President. Rather, it is looking for strong and principled leadership from the most powerful nation on the face of the earth. American leadership is not a popularity contest, nor should it be an exercise in self-loathing. Rather, it is about taking tough positions that will be met with hostility in many parts of the globe. Above all, it demands the assertive projection of American power, both to secure the homeland and to protect America's allies.
https://www.heritage.org/europe/report/ ... superpower

How does pointing out North Korean re-armament after the summit differ from the above quote, other than the obvious fact that the party of the president has changed?

Trump has a habit of trying to turn everything he says and does into a big victory, often by flat out lying about what he said originally. If he is not going to change the manner in which he conducts his affairs, and the Republicans are not going to exert any pressure on him, then it's up to the Democrats to do so, and pointing out to the public just how hollow and empty and flat out dishonest most of Trump's claims is likely to accomplish more than sitting on one's thumbs and hoping for some sort of Pollyannaish result in dealing with people like Kim and Putin.

jarnon

#393 Post by jarnon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 am

silverscreenselect wrote:Don't you remember that North Korea is "no longer a nuclear threat," according to the most honest man in America? Obviously, this article is "fake news" from a typical left wing rag.
Trump said from the start that denuclearization is a process that will take much longer than one meeting, if it succeeds at all. "North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat" is just one of a long list of tag lines, from "Mission Accomplished" to "I essentially repealed Obamacare," that all politicians spew out to sound good on TV and win votes.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#394 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:04 am

jarnon wrote:Trump said from the start that denuclearization is a process that will take much longer than one meeting, if it succeeds at all.
Trump has a habit of speaking out of both sides of his mouth at various times and then pointing to the statement that proves to be correct eventually as "proof" of how smart he is. For once, however, he is right. Denuclearization of North Korea wil definitely take longer than his administration.

flockofseagulls104

#395 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:41 am

jarnon wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Don't you remember that North Korea is "no longer a nuclear threat," according to the most honest man in America? Obviously, this article is "fake news" from a typical left wing rag.
Trump said from the start that denuclearization is a process that will take much longer than one meeting, if it succeeds at all. "North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat" is just one of a long list of tag lines, from "Mission Accomplished" to "I essentially repealed Obamacare," that all politicians spew out to sound good on TV and win votes.
Don't forget "If you like your doctor, you can keep him", "Shovel-ready jobs", "I found out by reading the newspapers, just like you...".

Bob Juch

#396 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:33 am

jarnon wrote:
Don't forget "If you like your doctor, you can keep him", "Shovel-ready jobs", "I found out by reading the newspapers, just like you...".
None of those quotes have anything to do with threatening my life.

http://www.businessinsider.com/north-ko ... ays-2018-6

flockofseagulls104

#397 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 am

Bob Juch wrote:
jarnon wrote:Trump said from the start that denuclearization is a process that will take much longer than one meeting, if it succeeds at all. "North Korea is no longer a nuclear threat" is just one of a long list of tag lines, from "Mission Accomplished" to "I essentially repealed Obamacare," that all politicians spew out to sound good on TV and win votes.
None of those quotes have anything to do with threatening my life.

http://www.businessinsider.com/north-ko ... ays-2018-6
OK, so now trump has threatened your life. Not surprising since you think he's the anti-christ or maybe even ~~~~SATAN~~~~ himself. But why stop there? He is not threatening just your life, but your immortal soul! That might convince a lot more people to vote for the democrat.

silverscreenselect

#398 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:59 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:He is not threatening just your life, but your immortal soul! That might convince a lot more people to vote for the democrat.
Sarcasm is the last refuge of the man who has run out of logical arguments.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#399 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:12 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:He is not threatening just your life, but your immortal soul! That might convince a lot more people to vote for the democrat.
Au contraire. Sarcasm is an ongoing refuge, like one a them there magma tubes that relieve the full on volcanic explosion of heads in dismay.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#400 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Um, this was not intended as sarcasm. BJ has confirmed he believes trump to be the anti-christ, if not ~~~~SATAN~~~~ himself. Go peruse the stupid bigotted thread you started, which you still owe me an apology for, aSSShole.