HQ thread

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: HQ thread

#126 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:23 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Went out on rollercoater. But, had xtra life George's teeth. Anyone else notice numbers they give for right answers don't sync? And friends show up after answers? And weird xtra lives?
The numbers for right answers don't include extra life saves.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#127 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Went out on rollercoater. But, had xtra life George's teeth. Anyone else notice numbers they give for right answers don't sync? And friends show up after answers? And weird xtra lives?
The numbers for right answers don't include extra life saves.
But it's been synced until recently...
Well, then

earendel

#128 Post by earendel » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:09 pm

I got the teeth correction right, but went out before you did (I don't remember the question). You get an extra life for playing 5 days in a row. Apparently you can also purchase extra lives ($1.99 for one, $4.99 for three) although you can only use one per game.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#129 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 pm

earendel wrote:
I got the teeth correction right, but went out before you did (I don't remember the question). You get an extra life for playing 5 days in a row. Apparently you can also purchase extra lives ($1.99 for one, $4.99 for three) although you can only use one per game.
Doesn't the 5 day thing restart after using? I'm saying I've had consecutive lives and not bought them.
Well, then

flockofseagulls104

#130 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
earendel wrote:
Doesn't the 5 day thing restart after using? I'm saying I've had consecutive lives and not bought them.
What a deal! you can buy an extra life for $1.99 and maybe win 85 cents!
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#131 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:28 pm

obviously no one has noticed any of what I mentioned...
Well, then

ghostjmf

#132 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:43 pm

If I could buy a *real* extra life for $1.99 that would be good.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#133 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:52 pm

ghostjmf wrote:If I could buy a *real* extra life for $1.99 that would be good.
Hey. We're cat people. We got sumpin goin on.
Well, then

Estonut
Evil Genius

#134 Post by Estonut » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:56 pm

Beebs52 wrote:Went out on rollercoater.
Is that like a paint roller?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#135 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Estonut wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Went out on rollercoater.
Is that like a paint roller?
Like a misspellacoaster
Well, then

earendel

#136 Post by earendel » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:39 am

Beebs52 wrote:
earendel wrote:
I don't think so - I think you can accumulate the extra lives.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#137 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:18 am

Beebs52 wrote:
earendel wrote:
You get a extra life for each 5 day streak, and can accumulate them.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#138 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am

As long as I could start over at 16 before I broke my back, I do that.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#139 Post by Estonut » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
As long as I could start over at 16 before I broke my back, I do that.
So you're saying your life since 16 is not worth $1.99? Got it.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#140 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:19 pm

I survived the 80s until Q10. I knew 11 & 12 too. I'll have an extra life next time.

Bob Juch

#141 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:16 pm

I won $2.71!

I noticed that every one of the BBs went out at the same time but I didn't see which question.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#142 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:43 pm

Bob Juch wrote:I won $2.71!

I noticed that every one of the BBs went out at the same time but I didn't see which question.
Anvil. I have no skilz lately
Well, then

tlynn78

#143 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:49 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:I won $2.71!

Anvil. I have no skilz lately

I got anvil, can't remember what I went out on. The mind is the first to go. :o
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

flockofseagulls104

#144 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:54 pm

I got anvil. I went out on Ernest Hemingway and Icebergs.

And it's friday, why didn't we see what other people were choosing?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#145 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:12 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:I got anvil. I went out on Ernest Hemingway and Icebergs.

And it's friday, why didn't we see what other people were choosing?
That's what I mentioned the other day. You see it after the fact
Well, then

themanwho

#146 Post by themanwho » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Do you all know about the two-finger swipe trick to get a free extra life? I did this last night after playing, and it worked on my iPod Touch. Supposebly, it works on Android, too.

https://www.inverse.com/article/40105-h ... free-lives
"I will win BIG on a game show this coming year!" - since gsabc isn't using it any more.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#147 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:43 pm

themanwho wrote:Do you all know about the two-finger swipe trick to get a free extra life? I did this last night after playing, and it worked on my iPod Touch. Supposebly, it works on Android, too.

https://www.inverse.com/article/40105-h ... free-lives
No, it doesn't
Well, then

themanintheseersuckersuit

#148 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:19 pm

When the toughest question is about pasta it is possible to win $0.71
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Bob Juch

#149 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:05 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:When the toughest question is about pasta it is possible to win $0.71
Pasta shapes? I memorized the ones I didn't know years ago because BAM kept asking about them.

I rarely get to play the noon HQ game as I'm usually on a conference call.

earendel

#150 Post by earendel » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:44 am

I hate getting to the last question and missing it. :evil: