ABC Cancels "Roseanne"

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Re: ABC Cancels "Roseanne"

#51 Post by Vandal » Wed May 30, 2018 9:46 am

_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Bob Juch

#52 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 30, 2018 11:19 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
And that is different from other politicians because......?
This is exactly what I mean when I talk about normalizing Donny. What Donny is doing by frankly pandering to racists is not equivalent that anything any other national politician has done since the '60s. And Donny's consistent complete, total, and utter disregard for the truth is, as far as I can tell, completely unprecedented in American political history (again, among prominent politicians).

What he's doing to our country isn't normal. Claiming this is just business as usual makes it normal. I won't agree to that. Neither should anyone else. --Bob
The main thing that is not 'normal' is the left's definition of 'racism', which they are using to divide our country and to hit their opponents over the head with. Trump, to my knowledge, has never said ANYTHING that indicates that he thinks 'white' people, or any other racial group, is better or superior than any other. That is the true definition of 'racism'. What he does is make a distinction between people who are legitimate citizens of this country, along with those who have followed the legal steps to live or be in this country, and those who ignore the laws and enter this country illegally. A distinction that has always been non-controversial until recently.

Somehow, that distinction has been blurred. Every time I see a 'news' story where illegal aliens are grouped together in the term 'immigrants', it is concerning to me. Why is it 'racist' to make a distinction between those who complied with our laws to be in our country and those who ignore our laws? Yes, we all know they are people, and they are deserving of compassion, but they made a conscious decision to break the law, regardless of their circumstances. And it just so happens that the majority of the people who are in this group come from south of the border. And why is it 'racist' to be concerned that people who are entering this country anonomously and without any vetting may pose a danger to the existing citizens? Isn't that why we, and every other civilized country, have immigration laws, passports and visas?

Branding trump, or anyone else as a racist because they make the distinction between legal and illegal immigration is WRONG. And it is a form of bias and intolerance all by itself. And many people are coming to that conclusion, and are frankly tired of it.
But trump doesn't make the distinction between legal and illegal immigrants. He apparently has forgotten about the illegals in his family tree.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#53 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 30, 2018 11:58 am

Trump, to my knowledge, has never said ANYTHING that indicates that he thinks 'white' people, or any other racial group, is better or superior than any other. That is the true definition of 'racism'.
No, his discussion of "shithole countries" just happen to be countries in which the vast majority of people are dark skinned.

And the illegal immigration that everyone wants to target just happens to be people of darker skins.

It's all purely coincidence.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

flockofseagulls104

#54 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:30 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:This is exactly what I mean when I talk about normalizing Donny. What Donny is doing by frankly pandering to racists is not equivalent that anything any other national politician has done since the '60s. And Donny's consistent complete, total, and utter disregard for the truth is, as far as I can tell, completely unprecedented in American political history (again, among prominent politicians).

What he's doing to our country isn't normal. Claiming this is just business as usual makes it normal. I won't agree to that. Neither should anyone else. --Bob
The main thing that is not 'normal' is the left's definition of 'racism', which they are using to divide our country and to hit their opponents over the head with. Trump, to my knowledge, has never said ANYTHING that indicates that he thinks 'white' people, or any other racial group, is better or superior than any other. That is the true definition of 'racism'. What he does is make a distinction between people who are legitimate citizens of this country, along with those who have followed the legal steps to live or be in this country, and those who ignore the laws and enter this country illegally. A distinction that has always been non-controversial until recently.

Somehow, that distinction has been blurred. Every time I see a 'news' story where illegal aliens are grouped together in the term 'immigrants', it is concerning to me. Why is it 'racist' to make a distinction between those who complied with our laws to be in our country and those who ignore our laws? Yes, we all know they are people, and they are deserving of compassion, but they made a conscious decision to break the law, regardless of their circumstances. And it just so happens that the majority of the people who are in this group come from south of the border. And why is it 'racist' to be concerned that people who are entering this country anonomously and without any vetting may pose a danger to the existing citizens? Isn't that why we, and every other civilized country, have immigration laws, passports and visas?

Branding trump, or anyone else as a racist because they make the distinction between legal and illegal immigration is WRONG. And it is a form of bias and intolerance all by itself. And many people are coming to that conclusion, and are frankly tired of it.
But trump doesn't make the distinction between legal and illegal immigrants. He apparently has forgotten about the illegals in his family tree.
He certainly does. And he always has. It is democrats and the biased MSM that makes no distinction.

Now I'm afraid to ask. But what the hell. What illegals are in his family tree?
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

silverscreenselect

#55 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Bob Juch wrote: But trump doesn't make the distinction between legal and illegal immigrants. He apparently has forgotten about the illegals in his family tree.
He certainly does. And he always has. It is democrats and the biased MSM that makes no distinction
One of the sources briefed on the Thursday Oval Office meeting with lawmakers confirmed Trump asked, "Why do we want all these people from 'shithole countries' coming here?" A person familiar with the meeting said Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin and South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham brought a plan to Trump that involved cutting the visa lottery in half and, at the behest of the Congressional Black Caucus, the rest would go to underrepresented countries in Africa and Temporary Protective Status nations, including Haiti. The person said the language was salty on both sides.

One person briefed on the meeting said when Durbin got to Haiti, Trump began to ask why we want people from Haiti and more Africans in the US and added that the US should get more people from countries like Norway. A person familiar with what was said at the meeting told CNN that Trump also said: "Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics ... index.html

This was a discussion about various methods of legal immigration. And, in case you want to complain about "fake news," Dick Durbin has confirmed this information.

flockofseagulls104

#56 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:21 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: But trump doesn't make the distinction between legal and illegal immigrants. He apparently has forgotten about the illegals in his family tree.
He certainly does. And he always has. It is democrats and the biased MSM that makes no distinction
One of the sources briefed on the Thursday Oval Office meeting with lawmakers confirmed Trump asked, "Why do we want all these people from 'shithole countries' coming here?" A person familiar with the meeting said Illinois Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin and South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham brought a plan to Trump that involved cutting the visa lottery in half and, at the behest of the Congressional Black Caucus, the rest would go to underrepresented countries in Africa and Temporary Protective Status nations, including Haiti. The person said the language was salty on both sides.

One person briefed on the meeting said when Durbin got to Haiti, Trump began to ask why we want people from Haiti and more Africans in the US and added that the US should get more people from countries like Norway. A person familiar with what was said at the meeting told CNN that Trump also said: "Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/11/politics ... index.html

This was a discussion about various methods of legal immigration. And, in case you want to complain about "fake news," Dick Durbin has confirmed this information.
Well, Dick Durbin is certainly a non-partisan confirmation. Several other participants say he didn't say anything in those terms. But I tend to agree he probably did.
I would describe a country with a completely corrupt government and little or no rule of law a shithole. But I wouldn't use those words if I were President. If he had any tact or political sense, he would have phrased his comments in words that might have been acceptable to his many critics, but he didn't and he doesn't. He's a jerk and he keeps stepping in shit himself. But the eagerness of the dems and press to parse everything he says in terms of THEIR definition of racism is just stupid. I have seen enough of it that I don't buy it for one second.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#57 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Oh, snap!

Roseanne tried to blame her tweet on Ambien, made by Sanofi. The company wasted no time in responding:
Sanofi Corporation wrote:While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication.
Someone in the PR Department earned his or her paycheck today. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#58 Post by Bob Juch » Wed May 30, 2018 2:42 pm

They've even pulled the reruns of her original series from Paramount Network, TV Land, CMT, and Laff. :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

franktangredi

#59 Post by franktangredi » Wed May 30, 2018 4:17 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: I would describe a country with a completely corrupt government and little or no rule of law a shithole.
But would you use that as an argument for discouraging immigration from those countries? That was the context in which Trump made the statement.

Should the fact that a country has a completely corrupt government and little or no rule of law be held against someone who wants to get OUT of a country that has a completely corrupt government and little or no rule of law?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#60 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:33 pm

franktangredi wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: I would describe a country with a completely corrupt government and little or no rule of law a shithole.
But would you use that as an argument for discouraging immigration from those countries? That was the context in which Trump made the statement.

Should the fact that a country has a completely corrupt government and little or no rule of law be held against someone who wants to get OUT of a country that has a completely corrupt government and little or no rule of law?
<snark>Canadians will soon be asking themselves that question in response to an influx of potential immigrants from the United States.</snark> --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#61 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:54 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:

<snark>Canadians will soon be asking themselves that question in response to an influx of potential immigrants from the United States.</snark> --Bob
You're a comedian, you are. Slapped my garters at that one.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#62 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:12 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:

Sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from cryin'. --Bob

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#63 Post by Beebs52 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:<snark>Canadians will soon be asking themselves that question in response to an influx of potential immigrants from the United States.</snark> --Bob
Costco has great deals on tissues. Kirkland. Just saying.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#64 Post by Bob78164 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:43 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Don't you have to be a member to shop there? Would I want to be a member of a club that would have me? --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#65 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from cryin'. --Bob
Don't you have to be a member to shop there? Would I want to be a member of a club that would have me? --Bob
I know I wouldn't.

Brit Canuck

#66 Post by Brit Canuck » Wed May 30, 2018 9:02 pm

CTV, the Canadian network that aired 'Roseanne', has banished the series from both of its broadcast channels, its online website and mobile 'Go' app, and has also pulled the show from all national on-demand providers.

Understandable, but a big shame, considering that more than 2.1 million CTV viewers (huge numbers for a Canadian network) watched the first episode.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/ctv ... -1.3950555

silverscreenselect

#67 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed May 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Monday, I set up Roseanne on Mrs. SSS's Hulu Watch list so she could see this season's episodes she missed.

Today it's gone.

I think Roseanne did this deliberately to waste my time.

a1mamacat

#68 Post by a1mamacat » Wed May 30, 2018 11:35 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:

No we won’t. We can see what you are escaping from, and Canadians are compassionate
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob Juch

#69 Post by Bob Juch » Thu May 31, 2018 8:34 am

Brit Canuck wrote:CTV, the Canadian network that aired 'Roseanne', has banished the series from both of its broadcast channels, its online website and mobile 'Go' app, and has also pulled the show from all national on-demand providers.

Understandable, but a big shame, considering that more than 2.1 million CTV viewers (huge numbers for a Canadian network) watched the first episode.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/ctv ... -1.3950555
I don't know the Canadian numbers, but in the U.S. the viewers fell to less than half of those who watched the first episode.

jarnon

#70 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:44 am

ABC on Thursday announced it would be moving forward with a "Roseanne" spin-off that excludes the show's original star and former namesake.

Show regulars like John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman are all set to reprise their roles in the new sitcom, "The Conners."

While ABC says Barr will have no financial or creative involvement, the comedian did speak out about the spin-off, wishing the cast and crew "the best."

"I regret the circumstances that have caused me to be removed from 'Roseanne,'" she told ABC News via statement. "I agreed to the settlement in order that 200 jobs of beloved cast and crew could be saved, and I wish the best for everyone involved."
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#71 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Maybe Tom Arnold will guest star on the new show and bring his new buddy Michael Cohen with him.

jarnon

#72 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Maybe Tom Arnold will guest star on the new show and bring his new buddy Michael Cohen with him.
Wouldn't surprise me if Cohen's better as an actor than a lawyer. But he may have another "commitment" for the next few years.

Tom Arnold was a guest star on the original Roseanne. Maybe he'll return now that his ex is off the show.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי