If you wanna laugh out loud

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

If you wanna laugh out loud

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Sat May 26, 2018 12:23 pm

a lot, I recommend Paula Poundstone's bit on her dog on this week's Wait Wait Don't Tell Me. More than that I don't wanna say or I would only spoil it.

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: If you wanna laugh out loud

#2 Post by Estonut » Sat May 26, 2018 6:39 pm

She was always one of my favorites BitD. It is unfortunate how drinking nearly cost her her family and, thus, her career. She is candid about it now, and appears she is on the right track.

Here's an interview about this from November, 2006 about 5 years after her arrest:

The Ups and Downs of Paula Poundstone
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:39 pm

Speaking of hilarious - I was looking for a post around the time of my own election and I have to say, some of the pre-and post-election posts here are absolutely fabulous :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:43 pm

She'll be here June 15. Guess I better get my tickets. Hope she doesn't use the objectionable language.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:08 am

SportsFan68 wrote:She'll be here June 15. Guess I better get my tickets. Hope she doesn't use the objectionable language.
I have never heard of her routine being anything but PG. It may be difficult, if she talks about her former personal life, but I don't think you have to worry about her "working blue."
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Pastor Fireball

#6 Post by Pastor Fireball » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:53 am

Sorry, I was too busy laughing after Draymond Green called King Asswipe a "f**king pussy" during last night's Game 1 of the NBA Finals.

(And that was before I saw the "King" pick up his purse and storm out of the post-game press conference.)
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)