To the Bored Monitor

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

To the Bored Monitor

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 am

Yesterday, Annie received this e-mail, which I mentioned on the "welcome" thread. It begins:

"Welcome to WWTBAM Bored Forums

"In compliance with the COPPA act your account is currently inactive.

"Please print this message out and have your parent or guardian sign and date it. Then fax it to:

"OR mail it to:

"

Note: I have deleted nothing in the "fax to" or "mail to" information. There is no information in the form letter. Therefore, I cannot fax or mail the following paragraph:

"I HAVE REVIEWED THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY MY CHILD AND HEREBY GRANT PERMISSION TO WWTBAM Bored TO STORE THIS INFORMATION.
I UNDERSTAND THIS INFORMATION CAN BE CHANGED AT ANY TIME BY ENTERING A PASSWORD.
I UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY REQUEST FOR THIS INFORMATION TO BE REMOVED FROM WWTBAM Bored AT ANY TIME.

Parent or Guardian
(print your name here): _____________________

(sign here): __________________

Date: _______________

So, what does a parent or guardian need to do to provide permission to a child/ward/dog who is under 13 in calendar years? If this has been designated as a child/ward/dog-free board, please tell us that. Thank you.

(This post was edited to make it more better correct.)

Bored_Monitor

#2 Post by Bored_Monitor » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:00 am

If you click that under-13 option, everything still works the same, except that there's a little button I have to click in the profile to make it active....which I've just done. :D

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:04 am

Thank you, Bored Monitor.