Transcript 05/24/18 Jacob Gabbard

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 05/24/18 Jacob Gabbard

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:20 pm

Jacob Gabbard
Las Vegas, NV

$500
According to new research, you can extend your life by as much as 7 hours with every hour you spend doing what?
A: Smoking cigars B: Making YouTube videos
C: Running D: Texting while driving

Spoiler
C: Running

$1,000
Famous for invoking fear in others, Frankenstein's monster is himself often depicted as having a fear of what?
A: Flying B: Fire
C: Clowns D: Commitment

Spoiler
B: Fire

$2,000
On June 22, 1969, the day that what actress died, there was fittingly a tornado in Kansas?
A: Bette Davis B: Katharine Hepburn
C: Judy Garland D: Marilyn Monroe

Spoiler
C: Judy Garland

$3,000
Recently one of Fortune's 40 Under 40, what is the punningly appropriate name of the CEO of the popular fitness franchise Soulcycle?
A: Melanie Joggin B: Melanie Lifton
C: Melanie Swimmen D: Melanie Whelan

Spoiler
D: Melanie Whelan

$5,000
Which of these is neither a skewered meat dish, nor a piece of furniture similar to a love seat, NOR a word commonly used to describe a chimney sweep?
A: Sooty B: Satie
C: Settee D: Satay

Spoiler
B: Satie

$7,000
All but which of these hit songs were performed by artists with a chess piece in their names?
A: Another One Bites the Dust B: The Thrill is Gone
C: Midnight Train to Georgia D: Let's Twist Again

Spoiler
A: 16% B: 15% C: 10% D: 59%

Spoiler
D: Let's Twist Again
The four artists are: Queen, B.B. King, Gladys Knight, & Chubby Checker

First commercial break

$10,000
Which of the following methods of making coffee generally requires the finest-ground beans?
A: Cold brew B: Espresso
C: Drip D: French press

Spoiler
50/50 leaves B & D.

Spoiler
Jacob’s +1 is his brother, Jeff. Neither of them are coffee drinkers (although Jeff did know Chubby Checker so that would have helped Jacob, as he could have used the audience here). Jeff remembers staying at a condo where the owner had a French Press & he thinks more-finely-ground beans would come through the filter, into the coffee, as you press them. Jacob believes the beans are in the filter & really finely-ground stuff would make it harder to press the water through. Jeff is 50% sure it's B and Jacob is 50% sure it's D.

Spoiler
Jacob guesses D
The correct answer is B: Espresso
Jacob wins $5,000

jarnon

Re: Transcript 05/24/18 Jacob Gabbard

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:08 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2,000
On June 22, 1969, the day that what actress died, there was fittingly a tornado in Kansas?

Spoiler
Today is Alex's Lemonade Stand Day. On August 1, 2004, the day Alex Scott died, there was fittingly a hurricane named Alex. It caused flooding up and down the East Coast, including in Wynnewood, Pa., Alex's hometown.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:36 am

10K: I make my coffee with a French Press. I have an espresso maker I was given that I don't use. The contestant discussed French Press construction, then picked it anyway, which baffled me.

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:01 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Spoiler
B: Fire

$2,000

Spoiler
It would have been fitting if a tornado occurred on the day that--well, I was going to say Margaret Hamilton--died, but it was actually the Wicked Witch of the East who fell victim to the tornado, and the actress whose legs and feet were sticking out from under Dorothy's house wearing the Ruby Slippers was never credited in the film or on its iMDb page. :mrgreen:

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:24 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jacob Gabbard
Las Vegas, NV
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $10,000
Which of the following methods of making coffee generally requires the finest-ground beans?
A: Cold brew B: Espresso
C: Drip D: French press
Spoiler
50/50 leaves B & D.

Spoiler
Jacob’s +1 is his brother, Jeff. Neither of them are coffee drinkers (although Jeff did know Chubby Checker so that would have helped Jacob, as he could have used the audience here). Jeff remembers staying at a condo where the owner had a French Press & he thinks more-finely-ground beans would come through the filter, into the coffee, as you press them. Jacob believes the beans are in the filter & really finely-ground stuff would make it harder to press the water through. Jeff is 50% sure it's B and Jacob is 50% sure it's D.

Spoiler
Jacob guesses D
The correct answer is B: Espresso
Not a coffee drinker, so I'll ATA and hope they know.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."