Good Luck Shastina

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Good Luck Shastina

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:36 am

Today is election day in California, and there are several key Congressional primaries. Due to California's rather bizarre election laws, Democratic chances for retaking the House may depend on whether they get on the November ballot in several potential swing districts. One of these is the 48th, currently represented by Republican Dana Rohrbacher. Fifteen challengers (8 Democrats, 5 Republicans; a Libertarian and an independent) are challenging him. One strong Republican contender has emerged Scott Baugh, while the Democratic vote seems concentrating on two candidates, Hans Keirsted and Harley Rouda. Both of them are fairly wealthy, self-funded, and somewhat flawed as candidates (as are the unpopular Rohrbacher and Baugh). Neither Democrat has been able to become a consensus party candidate.

My interest in this race goes beyond its national potential, since one of my Twitter followers, Shastina Sandman, is one of the other four Republicans in the race. I have several nationally prominent authors who follow me, but she is the first politician. I'm not exactly sure why she decided to follow me on Twitter unless it was my dazzlingly witty film comments, but she did, and I followed her back and thus get her daily updates on the race. Baugh has approached her to drop out but she refuses (she doesn't like either Baugh or Rohrbacher very much, although she loves Trump). It's my hope she and the other three fringe Republicans will do well enough to keep Baugh out of the runoff. If they manage 10% of the vote among them, that would be big.

Go, Shastina, Go!!
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com