herjosie

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
hermillion
Bored Millionaire

herjosie

#1 Post by hermillion » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:35 pm

It is with great sadness that I share the news that my sweet doggirl passed away in the wee hours of June 1.

herjosie was 13 1/2 years old and for the last year had dealt with seizures related to a brain tumor. Given her age and size when diagnosed her vet and I agreed that surgery was too risky and, as long as medication could control her symptoms, we would let her live out her life. She continued to be a happy, perky little pup who enjoyed snuggling with Mommie at TV time, catching naps in sunbeams, going on car rides to meet new people and explore new smells, and chasing the occasional squirrel in the front yard.

We moved to Virginia in July 2015 and herjosie found herself the boss of a huge grassy yard surrounded by woods. She also got to shape up and train a new human! One of the games she invented was Help Me Find Mommie! She would show up in Bruce's office and indicate that she wanted him to come with her. They would then walk down the hall (she glancing over her shoulder to make sure he was still following) and methodically check every room in the house. Eventually they would get to the garage door, which he would open. Once she saw that my car was missing she knew I wasn't home and would settle down for a nap. Half the time he is convinced that she was just bored and came to find him to entertain herself!

I am comforted knowing that Josie had a full and happy life. She has crossed the Rainbow Bridge and is romping with her many friends, and with her brother Bo and her big sister Hexie. She has also gotten to finally meet her idol, the sainted Annie.
Last edited by hermillion on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

Bob Juch

Re: herjosie

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:46 pm

My condolences. My Max had the same problem but died at around 5 years old. :cry:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#3 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:01 pm

She will be much missed, I know.

Hugs to you
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

ghostjmf

#4 Post by ghostjmf » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:21 pm

My condolences to you & Bruce.
Last edited by ghostjmf on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ritterskoop

#5 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:30 pm

She was a wonderful girl!
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:26 am

Hugs and cries. She was a pip.
Well, then

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:39 am

I'm am so sorry to hear about this, Nancy. On behalf of the squirrel kingdom, we are all mourning her loss. Hugs to you all...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:27 am

I'm sorry to hear that, but loved the story.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:58 am

I'm so sorry to hear of her passing, Nancy. She has a spot in my heart. My Lola is 12 this year, and slowing down; I know I'll be comforted knowing your girl will be just over the bridge to show her the ropes when her time comes. <hugs>
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#10 Post by T_Bone0806 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:12 am

My condolences on the loss of your little fur girl.
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#11 Post by kayrharris » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:25 am

We all loved her. I'm so sorry.

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin