WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:45 pm 

Special counsel Robert Mueller files witness tampering indictment against Paul Manafort and Russian citizen Konstantin Kilimnik.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/08/special ... -news.html

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:45 pm 

Indictment Scorecard

Indictments for crimes committed prior to the 2016 campaigns: 1

Indictments for crimes committed as a result of the Special Counsel's investigation: 5

Indictments for crimes uncovered but not targeted by the Special Counsel: 16 Russians, 1 American for identity theft (may include the indictment for company that doesn't exist)

Indictments for crimes for which the Special Counsel was established to investigate: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:48 pm 

BackInTex wrote:
Indictment Scorecard

Indictments for crimes committed prior to the 2016 campaigns: 1

Indictments for crimes committed as a result of the Special Counsel's investigation: 5

Indictments for crimes uncovered but not targeted by the Special Counsel: 16 Russians, 1 American for identity theft (may include the indictment for company that doesn't exist)

Indictments for crimes for which the Special Counsel was established to investigate: 0

Note to self:

Remember where this scorecard is so I can update it in a couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:51 pm 

silverscreenselect wrote:

Note to self:

Do you still have your year-old similar notes? If there was something on Trump, Barney Fife could have found it by now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm 
Bored Moderator

BackInTex wrote:

Note to self:

Do you still have your year-old similar notes? If there was something on Trump, Barney Fife could have found it by now.
How long did Kenneth Starr investigate Whitewater before discovering Monica Lewinsky? And remind me if you would what she had to do with Whitewater?

The Special Counsel was deliberately given "wherever the facts may lead you" authority. Everything he's done is well within his authority. --Bob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:18 pm 

BackInTex wrote:

Note to self:

You mistake Mueller for Devin Nunes and the rest of Trump's lackeys who seize on any tidbit of information they can find and breathlessly announce that it's the key to unraveling the Deep State conspiracy. Knowing what the stakes are in this investigation, Mueller is smart to develop as solid a case as he can (and bring as many witnesses into the fold as possible) before blowing the lid off it. What's happened in Manafort's case is instructive. Every time Manafort's attorneys have brought up some legal maneuver, Mueller has been thoroughly prepared (in fact most of what has actually come out of his team has come in sworn court pleadings). Further, every time some story breaks like the revelations about Michael Cohen, there's usually a paragraph in the story that the key players were interviewed by Mueller's investigators. In other words, Mueller is aware of everything that comes out so far, so there is every reason to believe, unless you are drowning in orange KoolAid, that he knows a lot more that he hasn't made public.

Further, this investigation isn't just into Trump. It's into the Trump campaign. Nixon was never indicted at Watergate. What will you say if "only" Trump Jr., Kushner, Cohen, Bannon and ten or twenty more close Trump advisers wind up as bunkmates at Club Fed for the next decade or so?

Think about how long after Watergate before the big guns like Haldeman and Ehrlichman were indicted. The breakin occurred June 17, 1972. Haldeman, Ehrlichman et al were indicted March 1, 1974. 20 months later.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:52 pm 

Bob78164 wrote:
The Special Counsel was deliberately given "wherever the facts may lead you" authority. Everything he's done is well within his authority. --Bob

Have I said he's gone outside his authority? No.

Trump has not gone outside his authority either.