Your Tax Dollars at Work

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Your Tax Dollars at Work

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:23 am

Before anyone says "fake news," this came from the New York Post, hardly a bastion of liberalism:
Solomon Lartey and Reginald Young Jr. admitted to Politico their Trump administration jobs were to use Scotch tape to repair papers that President Trump destroyed. The trained records management analysts made more than $60,000 a year to preserve presidential documents for the National Archives before they were abruptly fired earlier this year.

But the career professionals say their jobs changed when Trump came to the White House because the new commander-in-chief routinely rips up documents that need to be preserved. Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must hold onto presidential records for safekeeping and historical purposes. But staff had a hard time convincing Trump to ditch the habit of ripping up papers when he was finished and tossing the confetti-like pieces into the trash and on the floor. So staff got into the habit of collecting the discarded, hand-shredded papers and sending them next door to the Old Executive Office Building, where career staff had to tape them back together, “like a jigsaw puzzle,” Lartey said.

The shredded works included newspaper clippings that Trump marked up, memos and letters, including one from New York Sen. Chuck Schumer. “I had a letter from Schumer — he tore it up,” Lartey said. “It was the craziest thing ever. He ripped papers into tiny pieces.”
https://nypost.com/2018/06/10/trump-rou ... preserved/
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

Re: Your Tax Dollars at Work

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:41 am

Here's a longer article in Politico that the Post extracted its article from:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... tem-635164
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:34 am

And the reason for this is that under the Presidential Records Act, the White House is required to save virtually everything.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:11 am

earendel wrote:And the reason for this is that under the Presidential Records Act, the White House is required to save virtually everything.
Oh, come on. That's merely a law passed by Congress. It's not as though it's actually binding on Donny. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:53 pm

Archiving official records is one of the reasons most Federal agencies don't allow private email, the rule that devastated Clinton.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm

jarnon wrote:Archiving official records is one of the reasons most Federal agencies don't allow private email, the rule that devastated Clinton.
But trump is using his own, unsecured, phone.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.