IHOP is now IHOB

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

IHOP is now IHOB

#1 Post by Vandal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm

International House of
Spoiler
Burgers!

Because panacake were too hard.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: IHOP is now IHOB

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Vandal wrote:International House of
Spoiler
Burgers!

I'm sure it's a healthier alternative. Lettuce on pancakes not a good look.
Well, then

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Their new slogan:

Try the IHOb alternative. We're more expensive than McDonalds and crappier than Five Guys.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:46 pm

We actually ate at IHOP a fair amount about ten years ago when they regularly ran two-fers in the local paper. When they quit doing that, we went elsewhere.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:49 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:Their new slogan:

Try the IHOb alternative. We're more expensive than McDonalds and crappier than Five Guys.
Now that's funny. It's been years since I went to IHOP. Not a pancake fan. If they turn into Denny's yikes. Good luck.
Well, then

tlynn78

#6 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Beebs52 wrote:

Now that's funny. It's been years since I went to IHOP. Not a pancake fan. If they turn into Denny's yikes. Good luck.
I worked at a couple of the IHOPs my bro-in-law owned bitd - financially supported my high school days' recreation and fashion taste. First time I walked into one after that, years later, the smell was exactly as I remembered. Not my first choice for dining out, or second, or fifth. Not a huge 5 Guys fan, either.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#7 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:25 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

I worked at a couple of the IHOPs my bro-in-law owned bitd - financially supported my high school days' recreation and fashion taste. First time I walked into one after that, years later, the smell was exactly as I remembered. Not my first choice for dining out, or second, or fifth. Not a huge 5 Guys fan, either.
Five Guys fries are icky.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#8 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:31 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Five Guys fries are icky.
You'd better not try to enter Idaho. :x
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Ritterskoop

#9 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:44 pm

I strongly recommend the hot dogs at Five Guys - they split them and grill them, and then you can get any of the toppings for the burgers put on a hot dogs. Say, mayo and pickles. Or whatever.

The burgers are better than average, I'd say, but the hot dogs will make you change your religion. Or get one.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:52 pm

I can't remember the last time I ate at Ihop; maybe 7 or 8 years ago on a trip with my son's Boy Scout troop. Before that, many years. I'm not anti-Ihop but the one near us is always too crowded and we don't go out for breakfast much.

I'm not a big fan of 5-guys either. My family likes them but for the money I like Whataburger better. I ate ate a Culver's in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago. I really like it, sort of like a Freddy's, which we have several here.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#11 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:37 pm

Ritterskoop wrote:I strongly recommend the hot dogs at Five Guys - they split them and grill them, and then you can get any of the toppings for the burgers put on a hot dogs. Say, mayo and pickles. Or whatever.

The burgers are better than average, I'd say, but the hot dogs will make you change your religion. Or get one.
Yum. My burger place of choice here (well, number two choice, but my first has quite limited hours) is a place called Mooyah and they do their dogs the same way - delish.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Vandal
Director of Promos

#12 Post by Vandal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 am

Updated user names:

vandab
BackInTeb
Ritterskoob
Bbbbbb52
estonub
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 am

I'm not sure who is responsible for the contracts let out to change signage, but I think they are going overboard, a bit.
This happened Saturday not far from my house. The blue in front of the truck is what's left of the Ihop signage in fromt of the restaurant.

All joking aside this could have been a disaster. The semi was hauling a load of propane. Fortunately it did not rupture. The truck wiped out 11 vehicles, many of which were parked in the Ihop parking lot and unoccupied at the time. 8 persons were taken to the hospital, 2 by lifeflight. Apparently the driver of the semi had a medical issue and the truck came off the freeway across the access road and into the Ihop parking lot.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#14 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:07 am

BackInTex wrote:I'm not sure who is responsible for the contracts let out to change signage, but I think they are going overboard, a bit.
This happened Saturday not far from my house. The blue in front of the truck is what's left of the Ihop signage in fromt of the restaurant.

All joking aside this could have been a disaster. The semi was hauling a load of propane. Fortunately it did not rupture. The truck wiped out 11 vehicles, many of which were parked in the Ihop parking lot and unoccupied at the time. 8 persons were taken to the hospital, 2 by lifeflight. Apparently the driver of the semi had a medical issue and the truck came off the freeway across the access road and into the Ihop parking lot.
Yikes, that could have been much worse.

andrewjackson

#15 Post by andrewjackson » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Vandal wrote:International House of
Spoiler
Burgers!

I don't get this meme. I see Wendy's and others also claiming that this somehow indicates that IHOP thinks pancakes were too hard. Why does changing your name to sell more burgers mean that you found pancakes too hard?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Bob Juch

#16 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:35 pm

So is a frequent customer going to be called an IHOBbit? Or is that Bilbo Baggins's autobiography?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#17 Post by jarnon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:46 am

Shocking! IHOP admits it faked IHOb name change

At least that's what they're saying now. IHOB joins New Coke in the trash heap of marketing fails.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי