WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: SMDH
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:26 pm 

I love my new job. Really. Far more than I anticipated I would. My least favorite part is having to manage 20+ people under me. I had an employee ask for overtime this weekend, so she can 'get her work done.' I told her no, and reminded her I'd removed some of her duties to accommodate her 'busy' time of year for the next couple of months, specifically so she'd have time to do her more pressing work. Today, I get an email, that had to have taken at least 20 minutes to put together, entitled, "A Day in the Life of <*>" (real name omitted). I swear, as God is my witness, these are some of the things she listed: "turned my computer on" and "grabbed paper for printer" "checked personal email" and "checked personal voicemail." Yes. in an email to her boss, intended to show how hard she works, she listed checking personal email and voicemail messages. She also listed two breaks in the a.m., one of 15 minutes and one of ten. She is a union member, and as such, is entitled to one 15m break in the a.m. and one in the p.m.
I told her I was amazed she had time to compile a list, given how busy she is, told her she'd be docked for the extra break, and then shared my idea to job shadow her one day. That'll be fun.

Rick Castle is dreamy.

Post subject: Re: SMDH
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm 
Queen of Wack

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 pm 

tlynn78 wrote:
"A Day in the Life of <*>" (real name omitted).

I'm glad you clarified that because anyone could go on LinkedIn and look up <*> who works for Yellowstone County. I'd hate for <*> Davis to get a bad reputation because she got confused with someone else.

8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am 
Merry Man

tlynn78 wrote:
I love my new job. Really. Far more than I anticipated I would. My least favorite part is having to manage 20+ people under me. I had an employee ask for overtime this weekend, so she can 'get her work done.' I told her no, and reminded her I'd removed some of her duties to accommodate her 'busy' time of year for the next couple of months, specifically so she'd have time to do her more pressing work. Today, I get an email, that had to have taken at least 20 minutes to put together, entitled, "A Day in the Life of <*>" (real name omitted). I swear, as God is my witness, these are some of the things she listed: "turned my computer on" and "grabbed paper for printer" "checked personal email" and "checked personal voicemail." Yes. in an email to her boss, intended to show how hard she works, she listed checking personal email and voicemail messages. She also listed two breaks in the a.m., one of 15 minutes and one of ten. She is a union member, and as such, is entitled to one 15m break in the a.m. and one in the p.m.
I told her I was amazed she had time to compile a list, given how busy she is, told her she'd be docked for the extra break, and then shared my idea to job shadow her one day. That'll be fun.

She's got spunk.

I hate spunk.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 am 

Linus's Boss wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:

She's got spunk.

I hate spunk.

Exactly! lol

Rick Castle is dreamy.