NY AG sues to shutdown Trump phony charity

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: NY AG sues to shutdown Trump phony charity

#26 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Bob78164 wrote:The Affordable Care Act has proven more efficient (from the standpoint of government expenditures) than the prior system. We're saving a ton of money not having to treat people who waited until their conditions were emergencies, and we're gaining a ton of productivity from people who can stay healthier because they can afford preventative care and earlier care. We're saving a whole bunch of overhead not having to worry any more about pre-existing conditions. Medical providers also are getting paid more often by insurance instead of having to write off as uncollectible bills issued to people who go into bankruptcy because they had no hope of paying them.
There's proof? You demand it of others, yet blather on without citing anything.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#27 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:The Affordable Care Act has proven more efficient (from the standpoint of government expenditures) than the prior system. We're saving a ton of money not having to treat people who waited until their conditions were emergencies, and we're gaining a ton of productivity from people who can stay healthier because they can afford preventative care and earlier care. We're saving a whole bunch of overhead not having to worry any more about pre-existing conditions. Medical providers also are getting paid more often by insurance instead of having to write off as uncollectible bills issued to people who go into bankruptcy because they had no hope of paying them.
There's proof? You demand it of others, yet blather on without citing anything.
Heh. Heh. Heh. Want to see research, tho that might require 'effort'.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:57 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
So you believe if you can't afford the water bill, rent or grocery bill you should die of dehydration, elements or starvation? The point being, who pays for it all.
The Affordable Care Act has proven more efficient (from the standpoint of government expenditures) than the prior system. We're saving a ton of money not having to treat people who waited until their conditions were emergencies, and we're gaining a ton of productivity from people who can stay healthier because they can afford preventative care and earlier care. We're saving a whole bunch of overhead not having to worry any more about pre-existing conditions. Medical providers also are getting paid more often by insurance instead of having to write off as uncollectible bills issued to people who go into bankruptcy because they had no hope of paying them.

Simply put, it's cheaper for everyone to keep people healthy than to treat them after they get sick, and we long ago made the decision as a nation that people are going to get at least Emergency Room care whether they can afford it or not.

Now, the recent sabotage of the Act is going to make it more expensive for the government. By actions including but not limited to eliminating the penalty for the individual mandate, the Republicans ensured that fewer healthy people will buy insurance. They'll choose to gamble with other people's money that they won't get sick, and many of those who lose the gamble will simply declare bankruptcy, sticking the rest of us with their bills. The net result of this will be that insurers will have to raise premiums. But that won't affect people who are eligible for subsidies under the Affordable Care Act because they'll still pay the same price. The government subsidy will simply increase as necessary to keep it that way. --Bob
Um, I don't think this is true.
Which part? Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#29 Post by Beebs52 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Simply put, it's cheaper for everyone to keep people healthy than to treat them after they get sick, and we long ago made the decision as a nation that people are going to get at least Emergency Room care whether they can afford it or not.

Now, the recent sabotage of the Act is going to make it more expensive for the government. By actions including but not limited to eliminating the penalty for the individual mandate, the Republicans ensured that fewer healthy people will buy insurance. They'll choose to gamble with other people's money that they won't get sick, and many of those who lose the gamble will simply declare bankruptcy, sticking the rest of us with their bills. The net result of this will be that insurers will have to raise premiums. But that won't affect people who are eligible for subsidies under the Affordable Care Act because they'll still pay the same price. The government subsidy will simply increase as necessary to keep it that way. --Bob
I don't have time to provide you with links. I watch a 3 yr old and 1 yr old five days a week, so you'll have to support your own argument.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:58 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
I don't have time to provide you with links. I watch a 3 yr old and 1 yr old five days a week, so you'll have to support your own argument.
I'm asking which part of what I said you think isn't true. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#31 Post by BackInTex » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Everything but where you said "Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong."
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#32 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:28 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Really? You think it’s cheaper to let people get sick enough to need an Emergency Room?

It seems to me like I’m trying to have a serious conversation and you’re more interested in playing word games and scoring debate points. If that’s how you choose to conduct yourself, your outrage when people lose interest in your point of view will be misplaced. —Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#33 Post by Estonut » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:42 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Which part? Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.
Really? You think it’s cheaper to let people get sick enough to need an Emergency Room?

It seems to me like I’m trying to have a serious conversation and you’re more interested in playing word games and scoring debate points. If that’s how you choose to conduct yourself, your outrage when people lose interest in your point of view will be misplaced.
Only people like you get outraged when other people lose interest in their point of view. Others don't give a shit.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#34 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:24 am

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Everything but where you said "Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong."

It seems to me like I’m trying to have a serious conversation and you’re more interested in playing word games and scoring debate points. If that’s how you choose to conduct yourself, your outrage when people lose interest in your point of view will be misplaced.
Only people like you get outraged when other people lose interest in their point of view. Others don't give a shit.
That didn’t seem to be true when their party was in the minority in Congress. Then, they were quite vocal about their false perception that the final product didn’t include their ideas.

But you’re right that with Republicans in control of Congress, they’ve consistently demonstrated their contempt for Democratic ideas, not to mention democratic ideals, by completely shutting out Democrats from the process of writing major legislation. And until Republicans show some willingness to compromise and include Democrats in the process in a meaningful way (which generally includes a sincere effort to understand the other side’s point of view, an effort I’m making here that’s being rebuffed), then when Democrats do reclaim a majority in one or both Houses of Congress, I, for one, will encourage them to use their power in every way available to them to advance Democratic priorities without worrying about playing nice. —Bob

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:34 am

Bob78164 wrote: I, for one, will encourage them to use their power in every way available to them to advance Democratic priorities without worrying about playing nice. —Bob
Playing nice? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#36 Post by jarnon » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:47 am

Trump Foundation to shut down amid allegations of misuse

Trump still thinks the Clinton Foundation is the one that's crooked.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Estonut
Evil Genius

#37 Post by Estonut » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:18 pm

jarnon wrote:Trump Foundation to shut down amid allegations of misuse

One does not negate the other. Most likely, they are both crooked as hell.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#38 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Estonut wrote:

Every organization I've found that rates charities differs with you there.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#39 Post by Estonut » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:20 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:

Financial Bounty Hunters Testify: Clinton Foundation Operated As Foreign Agent
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#40 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:One does not negate the other. Most likely, they are both crooked as hell.
Financial Bounty Hunters Testify: Clinton Foundation Operated As Foreign Agent
The bona fides of these "investigators" and their tactics are highly questionable.
The Justice Department — under the command of Trump loyalist and former hot-tub promoter Matthew G. Whitaker — refused to testify (leading one witness to suggest the administration had joined the cover up), and the IRS also sent regrets. Instead, Republicans summoned conspiracy theorists, including “investigators” poised to make money as tipsters if the IRS brings a Clinton Foundation case. But even these witnesses refused to provide documents supporting their dubious claims.

“If you’re not going to share the information with this committee . . . my patience is running out,” said Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), recently on the short list to be President Trump’s next chief of staff.
“Are you going to prosecute the Clintons?” one witness, John Moynihan, replied. “I don’t think you are.” “Don’t get cute with me!” Meadows returned.

On Thursday, unable to get the administration’s cooperation, the oversight committee brought in Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch, whose investigations director was banned from Fox News after alleging the “Soros-occupied State Department” funded the migrant caravan. Later came Moynihan, who employs the man behind the false allegation in 2008 that a tape had Michelle Obama disparaging “whitey,” and who in 2013 used doctored audio to declare John F. Kerry a rapist.

On Thursday, Moynihan repeated a conspiracy theory that the Justice Department had “brought a 757 down and taken all the materials out of the Clinton Foundation in Little Rock.” (The FBI cited an unrelated drug-trafficking operation.)

The Republicans couldn’t get their own witnesses to document the allegations they made against the Clintons. “I feel like you’re using us for your own benefit,” Rep. Jody Hice (R-Ga.) told Moynihan.
“Excuse me, sir, you invited us,” Moynihan interjected. “But you didn’t turn over the documents,” Hice protested. “Then disinvite us,” Moynihan proposed.
If they can't impress Mark Meadows, that says a lot about the flimsiness of their "evidence."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 0b56554050

silverscreenselect

#41 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Estonut wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Well, if the Clinton Foundation is crooked, Bill and Hillary have once again done a Moriarty-like job of covering their tracks without a trace:

Justice inquiry into Hillary Clinton's business dealings languishes

Not that this will stop the chants of "Lock Her Up." When you only know one cheer, like most MAGAers, you like to repeat it as often as possible.