Melania's jacket

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Melania's jacket

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:09 pm

So. If she really did wear a Zara jacket that said "I really don't care do you" then her pr team is sabotaging her or it's a lie. Surely she isn't that tone deaf.
Well, then

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Melania's jacket

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:18 pm

Beebs52 wrote:So. If she really did wear a Zara jacket that said "I really don't care do you" then her pr team is sabotaging her or it's a lie. Surely she isn't that tone deaf.
It sure looks like she did. And even if her PR team was setting her up, she still has to have been tone deaf not to figure it out on her own. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

elwoodblues

#3 Post by elwoodblues » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:22 pm

I'm not saying it's the case here, but there have been times when this administration has been deliberately trolling us.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:28 pm

I'm thinking she said she was chilly before, they said, here, throw this on, without checking. However, wtf would she have that jacket for anyway? Trolling is a possibility. It's just so inane.
Well, then

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Her staff has confirmed what the photos show: she did.

At least she left it on the plane.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Here's what Melania's communications director had to say:
Stephanie Grisham wrote:It's a jacket. There was no hidden message. After today's important visit to Texas, I hope the media isn't going to choose to focus on her wardrobe. (Much like her high heels last year).
OTOH, Melania's husband tweeted:
Donald J. Trump wrote:“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!
So everyone can believe whatever they want.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#7 Post by jarnon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:30 pm

The rabbis of the Talmud racked their brains to reconcile seemingly contradictory statements in the Bible. The administration could use some rabbis to sort through all their contradictions, including several about the immigrant controversy and too many to count by Trump's lawyers.
Last edited by jarnon on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:40 pm

jarnon wrote:Here's what Melania's communications director had to say:
Stephanie Grisham wrote:It's a jacket. There was no hidden message. After today's important visit to Texas, I hope the media isn't going to choose to focus on her wardrobe. (Much like her high heels last year).
OTOH, Melania's husband tweeted:
Donald J. Trump wrote:“I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?” written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!
So everyone can believe whatever they want.
It honestly makes no sense.
Well, then

jaybee

#9 Post by jaybee » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Lord knows that I'm no fan of Trump but this kind of criticism doesn't help anything. She wore a jacket that appears to be 'in fashion'. Sure, it was not appropriate to wear it to where she was going - so she took it off before she got there. I can't find any fault with that.
Jaybee

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm

What's overlooked is that she didn't visit a detention center when she got to Texas; it was canceled due to "high water."
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

ghostjmf

#11 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:51 pm

The high water is for real, if you're watching the news reports. I just hope they've moved those kids out of the way of it.

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:26 pm

ghostjmf wrote:The high water is for real, if you're watching the news reports. I just hope they've moved those kids out of the way of it.
But was it where she was?

Bob Juch

#13 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Melania's jacket costs $39. Want to bet her choice was a statement but not a fashion one?

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:47 pm

Bob Juch wrote:Melania's jacket costs $39. Want to bet her choice was a statement but not a fashion one?
This is the wife of the man responsible for possibly bringing home the remains of your father.

I think he'd (your father) would be disappointed in you.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:01 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:Melania's jacket costs $39. Want to bet her choice was a statement but not a fashion one?
This is the wife of the man responsible for possibly bringing home the remains of your father.

That's a low blow. But you missed. My father's ancestors came to America as refugees.

BackInTex

#16 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
BackInTex wrote:

That's a low blow. But you missed. My father's ancestors came to America as refugees.
My father's family came as refugees, too. That doesn't excuse one from having no class, or knowing when to shut up, or not accepting the fact that others have the same intentions as you but see different solutions than you. I'll stand by my comment.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#17 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:11 am

BackInTex wrote: My father's family came as refugees, too. That doesn't excuse one from having no class, or knowing when to shut up, or not accepting the fact that others have the same intentions as you but see different solutions than you. I'll stand by my comment.
So, once again, no matter what Trump does (or by extension a family member does), there's always an explanation and people should just shut up and accept it. This from the same crowd that raked Obama over the coals for the audacity of wearing a tan suit to a public appearance. What Melania did was thoughtless and in poor taste and came from the wife of a man for whom being thoughtless and doing things in poor taste are almost a daily occurrence.

The low blow here was your bringing up Bob's father as sort of a "get out of jail free" card for whatever faux pas the Trumps may commit, presumably from now till doomsday. And actually the man responsible for possibly bringing home the remains is Kim, not Trump. Trump wouldn't even have thought about something like this; it's not on his radar. It is the type of bargaining ploy the North Koreans use however. Offer up something that costs nothing and has considerable significance for the other side.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Estonut
Evil Genius

#18 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:27 am

BackInTex wrote: My father's family came as refugees, too. That doesn't excuse one from having no class, or knowing when to shut up, or not accepting the fact that others have the same intentions as you but see different solutions than you. I'll stand by my comment.
silverscreenselect wrote:So, once again, no matter what Trump does (or by extension a family member does), there's always an explanation and people should just shut up and accept it. This from the same crowd that raked Obama over the coals for the audacity of wearing a tan suit to a public appearance.
You're quoting BiT and then talk about "the same crowd that raked Obama over the coals for the audacity of wearing a tan suit to a public appearance." Please cite the post where that happened here. I don't recall it being mentioned here at all, except by you.
silverscreenselect wrote:And actually the man responsible for possibly bringing home the remains is Kim, not Trump.
You have no way of knowing this. You pulled it out of your ass.
silverscreenselect wrote:Trump wouldn't even have thought about something like this; it's not on his radar.
Are you a psychologist? Are you HIS psychologist? Have you ever examined him? Shove this back up your ass, too.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#19 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:42 am

Estonut wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:And actually the man responsible for possibly bringing home the remains is Kim, not Trump.
And neither you nor BiT know that it was Trump's doing. Certainly there were no public statements by anyone from the White House before the summit about this being one of the goals. And my statement was based on what a number of foreign policy experts have said about the North Korean tactics in negoations like this.

I don't pull things out of my ass. I leave that to the right wingers.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#20 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:39 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:
And neither you nor BiT know that it was Trump's doing. Certainly there were no public statements by anyone from the White House before the summit about this being one of the goals. And my statement was based on what a number of foreign policy experts have said about the North Korean tactics in negoations like this.

I don't pull things out of my ass. I leave that to the right wingers.
I never claimed it WAS Trump's doing. Since I had no information either way, I didn't speculate. I leave that to the assholes.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#21 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:19 am

Estonut wrote: I never claimed it WAS Trump's doing. Since I had no information either way, I didn't speculate. I leave that to the assholes.
You didn't but BiT did:
Back in Texas wrote:the man responsible for possibly bringing home the remains of your father
I'm sure he appreciates your sentiments.

BackInTex

#22 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:18 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote: I never claimed it WAS Trump's doing. Since I had no information either way, I didn't speculate. I leave that to the assholes.
You didn't but BiT did:
Back in Texas wrote:the man responsible for possibly bringing home the remains of your father
I'm sure he appreciates your sentiments.
23,368 days and 12 US Presidents since hostilities ceased and no remains returned.

Trump inaugurated on day 23,369. 507 days later Trump meets with NK leader. Shortly thereafter NK begins returning remains.

I'll let logical thought determine if Trump had something to do with NK's actions.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob Juch

#23 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:26 am

BackInTex wrote:23,368 days and 12 US Presidents since hostilities ceased and no remains returned.

Trump inaugurated on day 23,369. 507 days later Trump meets with NK leader. Shortly thereafter NK begins returning remains.

I'll let logical thought determine if Trump had something to do with NK's actions.
That's not true. A huge number of remains were returned starting in 1954.
Last edited by Bob Juch on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Juch

#24 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 am

She put the jacket back on when she left the plane at Andrews. :roll:

silverscreenselect

#25 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:44 am

BackInTex wrote:
23,368 days and 12 US Presidents since hostilities ceased and no remains returned.

It does appear that remains of about 200 soldiers have been returned in the last couple of days. However, you could make the same statement, just change around a few numbers, with regard to Kim Jung Un. You could also make the same statement with fewer days since inauguration about South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who was inaugurated in May 2017 and began making overtures to North Korea within two months of taking office.

Further :
Wall Street Journal wrote:That the North Korean government could turn over as many as 250 sets of remains so quickly after the agreement last week suggests that Pyongyang might have set aside these remains for use as a bargaining chip in a moment such as this. Hundreds of American remains were already in a Pyongyang warehouse by the late 1980s, said Mark Sauter, a private investigator based in Washington who has spent years researching the fates of Americans missing in the Korean War.

Complicating matters is the possibility that Pyongyang could demand payment for recovery services, as it did in the past, including the most-recent return of U.S. remains, according to Moon Seong-mook, a retired South Korean Army brigadier-general who negotiated with North Korea on the recovery of Korean War dead and other military matters between 2002 and 2007. After the collapse of denuclearization talks last decade, Pyongyang ended its efforts at recovering U.S. war remains.

Some U.S. experts question the integrity of North Korea’s recovery efforts. The Pyongyang regime has been accused of planting bodies of U.S. war dead that it has held for years in storage at recovery sites. A 2005 report by the Congressional Research Service also raises questions about whether North Korea may have secretly detained U.S. prisoners after the Korean War ended, rather than returning them to the U.S. Small numbers of U.S. POWs in North Korea may have been transferred to the Soviet Union, the report notes, citing “compelling circumstantial evidence.” Russia denied it held any U.S. POWs. Mr. Moon, the retired brigadier-general, says the North might use the return of the remains to deflect attention from its human-rights abuses. “Pyongyang has propagandized these efforts to boast about their self-claimed humanitarianism,” he said.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-is-beh ... 1529591966

Using the remains of Korean War victims as a bargaining chip is an old ploy of the North Koreans. And, as this article indicates, BiT's statement that nothing was done in the previous 40 years is inaccurate. And, this is not a liberal "fake news" publication. It's the Wall Street Journal, which has been very favorable to Trump in the past.