Melania's jacket

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Re: Melania's jacket

#26 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
23,368 days and 12 US Presidents since hostilities ceased and no remains returned.

Trump inaugurated on day 23,369. 507 days later Trump meets with NK leader. Shortly thereafter NK begins returning remains.

I'll let logical thought determine if Trump had something to do with NK's actions.
It does appear that remains of about 200 soldiers have been returned in the last couple of days. However, you could make the same statement, just change around a few numbers, with regard to Kim Jung Un. You could also make the same statement with fewer days since inauguration about South Korean President Moon Jae-in, who was inaugurated in May 2017 and began making overtures to North Korea within two months of taking office.

Further :
Wall Street Journal wrote:That the North Korean government could turn over as many as 250 sets of remains so quickly after the agreement last week suggests that Pyongyang might have set aside these remains for use as a bargaining chip in a moment such as this. Hundreds of American remains were already in a Pyongyang warehouse by the late 1980s, said Mark Sauter, a private investigator based in Washington who has spent years researching the fates of Americans missing in the Korean War.

Complicating matters is the possibility that Pyongyang could demand payment for recovery services, as it did in the past, including the most-recent return of U.S. remains, according to Moon Seong-mook, a retired South Korean Army brigadier-general who negotiated with North Korea on the recovery of Korean War dead and other military matters between 2002 and 2007. After the collapse of denuclearization talks last decade, Pyongyang ended its efforts at recovering U.S. war remains.

Some U.S. experts question the integrity of North Korea’s recovery efforts. The Pyongyang regime has been accused of planting bodies of U.S. war dead that it has held for years in storage at recovery sites. A 2005 report by the Congressional Research Service also raises questions about whether North Korea may have secretly detained U.S. prisoners after the Korean War ended, rather than returning them to the U.S. Small numbers of U.S. POWs in North Korea may have been transferred to the Soviet Union, the report notes, citing “compelling circumstantial evidence.” Russia denied it held any U.S. POWs. Mr. Moon, the retired brigadier-general, says the North might use the return of the remains to deflect attention from its human-rights abuses. “Pyongyang has propagandized these efforts to boast about their self-claimed humanitarianism,” he said.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-is-beh ... 1529591966

Using the remains of Korean War victims as a bargaining chip is an old ploy of the North Koreans. And, as this article indicates, BiT's statement that nothing was done in the previous 40 years is inaccurate. And, this is not a liberal "fake news" publication. It's the Wall Street Journal, which has been very favorable to Trump in the past.
No remains have been returned yet. NK said they will return 200 remains but that's pending.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

Re: Melania's jacket

#27 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:50 am

Zara, the brand that made Melania’s “I don’t care” jacket has come under fire in the past for designing clothes are reminiscent of Holocaust uniforms and a T-shirt reading "White is the New Black." :roll:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.