More proof of the media's psychosis

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BackInTex

More proof of the media's psychosis

#1 Post by BackInTex » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Time Magazine Cover
“This one was tough for me. As soon as it was over, they were put into a van. I had to stop and take deep breaths,” Moore told TIME Tuesday, describing his reaction to the scene of a two-year-old Honduran girl crying as her mother was being detained in McAllen, Texas. “All I wanted to do was pick her up. But I couldn’t.”
The only problem is the little girl in the picture?Abandoned by her mother and left with smugglers. Trump is her savior.
The father of the 2-year-old Honduran girl that became the face of the media's recent attack on the Trump administration for its "zero tolerance" policy on illegal immigration says that she was never separated from her mother at the border and that the mother abandoned her three other children and paid a human smuggler thousands of dollars to illegally enter the United States, all against his wishes.
Other versionsof the story tell a different story (no smugglers) but also no separation from her mother at the border.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

Re: More proof of the media's psychosis

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:27 am

BackInTex wrote: Other versions of the story tell a different story (no smugglers) but also no separation from her mother at the border.
Accepting the Reuters version rather than the alt right version of the story, we have a woman who runs away from her husband, taking an infant with her. In the United States, when something like this occurs, it's very often a case of a woman fleeing a case of domestic abuse. My hunch would be that Honduras probably doesn't have a very robust family protective services infrastructure in place so that an abused woman there would probably have even fewer options than in the U.S.

Is it any surprise that the father would paint the child's mother in as bad a light as possible?

News photographers take photos that convey the essence of what's going on. They often can't verify every detail. The two most powerful photos of the Vietnam war were of the naked crying girl and the man shooting a prisoner in the head. I don't think the photographers chased down the facts on those photos, which didn't make them any more accurate as conveying the essence of what was happening in Vietnam.

In any event, the proof will be in the pudding as we see how many of the existing detainees are reunited with their parents and how quickly that occurs.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

tlynn78

#3 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:25 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote: Other versions of the story tell a different story (no smugglers) but also no separation from her mother at the border.
Accepting the Reuters version rather than the alt right version of the story, we have a woman who runs away from her husband, taking an infant with her. In the United States, when something like this occurs, it's very often a case of a woman fleeing a case of domestic abuse. My hunch would be that Honduras probably doesn't have a very robust family protective services infrastructure in place so that an abused woman there would probably have even fewer options than in the U.S.

Is it any surprise that the father would paint the child's mother in as bad a light as possible?

News photographers take photos that convey the essence of what's going on. They often can't verify every detail. The two most powerful photos of the Vietnam war were of the naked crying girl and the man shooting a prisoner in the head. I don't think the photographers chased down the facts on those photos, which didn't make them any more accurate as conveying the essence of what was happening in Vietnam.

In any event, the proof will be in the pudding as we see how many of the existing detainees are reunited with their parents and how quickly that occurs.
Nice fantasy story there. You seriously just make shit up to further your twisted beliefs.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#4 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:55 am

tlynn78 wrote: Nice fantasy story there. You seriously just make shit up to further your twisted beliefs.
My initial reaction was probably wrong. (Time has printed a correction since this news came to light) However, it's interesting what the father did have to say later on:
Varela pushed back against the portrayals of his daughter’s story, saying it should not cast doubt on the “human rights violations” taking place at the border. “This is the case for my daughter, but it is not the case for 2,000 children that were separated from their parents,” Varela said.

At least 2,500 migrant children have been separated from their parents at the border since May 5. Varela said he felt “proud” that his daughter has “represented the subject of immigration” and helped propel changes in policy. But he asked that Trump “put his hand on his heart.” He hopes that U.S. officials will grant asylum to his wife and daughter, he said. Asked whether he would also like to come to the United States, he said, “Of course, someday.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 6bbeb8731c
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 pm

tlynn78 wrote: Nice fantasy story there. You seriously just make shit up to further your twisted beliefs.
My initial reaction was probably wrong. (Time has printed a correction since this news came to light) However, it's interesting what the father did have to say later on:
Varela pushed back against the portrayals of his daughter’s story, saying it should not cast doubt on the “human rights violations” taking place at the border. “This is the case for my daughter, but it is not the case for 2,000 children that were separated from their parents,” Varela said.

At least 2,500 migrant children have been separated from their parents at the border since May 5. Varela said he felt “proud” that his daughter has “represented the subject of immigration” and helped propel changes in policy. But he asked that Trump “put his hand on his heart.” He hopes that U.S. officials will grant asylum to his wife and daughter, he said. Asked whether he would also like to come to the United States, he said, “Of course, someday.”
First trump has to find his heart.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

flockofseagulls104

#6 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

First trump has to find his heart.
Housefly
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton