NBC cancelled Timeless

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
ghostjmf

NBC cancelled Timeless

#1 Post by ghostjmf » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:19 am

Estonut
Evil Genius

Re: NBC cancelled Timeless

#2 Post by Estonut » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Of course they did. It was an interesting, well-cast show that felt like something new and different.

The comments in your link mentioned an aspect that I hadn't thought of. People were watching the show as a family and then, together, were researching the historical stories for additional information. You don't get that from many shows. Let's cancel it!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

mellytu74

#3 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Estonut wrote:Of course they did. It was an interesting, well-cast show that felt like something new and different.

The comments in your link mentioned an aspect that I hadn't thought of. People were watching the show as a family and then, together, were researching the historical stories for additional information. You don't get that from many shows. Let's cancel it!
My cousin's grandkids were enjoying it for that very reason. The boys are budding history buffs - thanks, Ben Franklin and Philly and stuff - but they loved studying up on things after the show.

I am very disappointed as well.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:05 am

Estonut wrote:Of course they did. It was an interesting, well-cast show that felt like something new and different.

Apparently not enough.

I did add many goofs to IMDb. They needed better historians.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Bob Juch wrote:

Apparently not enough.

The "Goofs" section for Timeless is empty.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

Apparently not enough.

The "Goofs" section for Timeless is empty.
Did you check the ones for each episode?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

VAdame

#7 Post by VAdame » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:09 pm

Well, crap.

Abigail Spencer is also my 20-some years younger Birthday Twin, & I've been following her career since All My Children.

We actually didn't watch the 2-hour season finale yet (it's recorded though!) because we've been busy and wanted to find a nice time to just chill and enjoy TV. Hope it ends well and *not* an annoying cliffhanger :?