Game #182: Title and Artist (and Vice Versa)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
franktangredi

Re: Game #182: Title and Artist (and Vice Versa)

#76 Post by franktangredi » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:22 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:So it's Lady Madonna and some combination of Come on Down to my boat, Baby by Every mother's son, and some song that already has two things marked off. By Frank's instruction, there will be five songs used thrfee times, and we only have four, at least by my count.
Looks like I made an error there, because on recount, I find only four songs used three times. So the one your looking for has only been used once. Sorry.

jarnon

#77 Post by jarnon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 am

mrkelley23 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:By my count, this makes 34 matches - we need one more.

I think it's the Rolling Stones match because neither song has been used in another match. That's not true for either Lady or Madonna (thanks to this match).

I may be miscounting, but I've only got 33. We've also got three songs that don't have any match yet. (below) I've been through the entire Beatles, Stones, and Fats Domino discography without finding another match.

78. Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter – Herman's Hermits
30. Fly – Sugar Ray
31. Come on Down to my Boat, Baby – Every Mother's Son
Double-checking the Beatles discography, I found "Every Little Thing," a 1964 song. That matches 31. EVERY Mother's Son + 6. Crazy LITTLE THING Called Love.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

franktangredi

#78 Post by franktangredi » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:45 am

jarnon wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:By my count, this makes 34 matches - we need one more.

I think it's the Rolling Stones match because neither song has been used in another match. That's not true for either Lady or Madonna (thanks to this match).

I may be miscounting, but I've only got 33. We've also got three songs that don't have any match yet. (below) I've been through the entire Beatles, Stones, and Fats Domino discography without finding another match.

78. Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter – Herman's Hermits
30. Fly – Sugar Ray
31. Come on Down to my Boat, Baby – Every Mother's Son
Double-checking the Beatles discography, I found "Every Little Thing," a 1964 song. That matches 31. EVERY Mother's Son + 6. Crazy LITTLE THING Called Love.
And that finishes it! Sorry this one was kind of tough, but you guys pulled through, as always.

Now I bet you're all ready for this movie game I happen to have....

mrkelley23

#79 Post by mrkelley23 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Thank you for this game, Frank. I t was a welcome distraction for me at the times I could make time to play. Sorry we had to drag it out so long.

And yes, I will look forward to a new game, whenever you feel like you can post it. I will, again, be distracted, but I'll do my best to contribute.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

mellytu74

#80 Post by mellytu74 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:16 pm

Enormous fun, Frank!!

The next one …. ? OF course, we're ready!!

A Non E. Muss

#81 Post by A Non E. Muss » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:57 pm

Belated thanks for this game, Frank!